Validation of files on Steam

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Tassydevil, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Tassydevil

Tassydevil Member AMS2 Club Member

I was running the usual multiplayer session on Friday evening for my brother and a mate from UK but this week when they came onto the server they both received a mismatch error which I thought was strange as I have really not changed anything in the retail version.

Anyway I decided to do a Steam verification and was surprised to see that I needed 100+ files from the verification. All went well after that as usual.

I then decided to do a verification on the beta version (1.1.96b) which I had only downloaded 2 days ago and found that I needed 95 files.

Both versions have been running fine before and after.

@Renato Simioni
    What I would like to know is, why are these files having to be downloaded especially the beta version that was updated 2 days ago??

I read on this forum that a lot of ppl are having to do verifications of late.

Sorry for longwinded post. :confused:

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
  2. Tassydevil

@Renato Simioni
    Just done another test of this validation without running the game(beta) and shows 'all files successfully validated'.
    Ran game again and then validated and now shows that '3 files need to be downloaded'.
    What are these files, are they Steam related or AMS?
    Strange.... any ideas?

3. GrimDad

GrimDad Member AMS2 Club Member

This is also happening to me with both the retail and beta versions. I run it 2x until it says 100% OK then run AMS do a couple of laps close down run integrity check and again it needs 3 files.
    None of my other steam games do this. I checked integrity of game cache on all of them.

Same on my server pc which only runs servers and has it's own steam account

Marcas @ Cascavel

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  4. Tassydevil

@Renato Simioni
    This is still happening.
    Don't understand why this Steam game always need these checks.