1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.3.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.3.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 1, 2022.

1. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

he 1.3 felt, or perhaps (Hopefully) even better?
    I'm in exactly the same boat as you mate.
    I loved V1.3, but something is a miss with me since then, like you say it's gone backwards in terms of driving physics.
    No doubt AMS2 has the best tracks in both detail and accuracy, plus weather, day night, graphics and just the pure amount of detail in the game.
    But something is way off lately for myself.
    I mean the new Formula Mclaren doesn't even drive like anything i've ever experienced, the sliding/braking/steering, same for the GT4 class, GT3, Sock cars 2020/2021, which by the way were great after V1.3.
    Even the new Indy cars feel way off, which again felt great on initial release V1.3.
    Tried reinstalling nothing changed at all.
    Not sure what to think, but in terms of driving it's gone for me in it's current Version.
    It's like Pcars 2, that slip n grip, turn the wheel 5 times to achieve 1 turn and that weird lock up and spin as you try to trail brake into the apex.
    Shame because I really thought we were on to a winner.
    Raceroom is light years ahead in terms of driving physics, but AMS2 destroys it nearly everywhere else, cant we somehow combine them both lol.
    Madness engine is like a flawed genius, must be driving Reiza mad, because it is me.
    By the way i love what Reiza are doing and this isn't anything on them i wish more devs could follow in their footsteps, just starting to wonder if this engine can be tamed or is a losing battle.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

There's likely no reason to attribute this change to the engine and every reason to attribute it to intended parameter changes.

As mentioned in the changelog, (rotational) wheel inertias were revised for all cars. This affects braking and power delivery so you'll likely find some changes in both areas in some cars. There are also new default setups for many cars.

Keep in mind that there's usually a period of fine tuning with new content and this could apply to the MP4/1C as well.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

"turn the wheel 5 times to achieve 1 turn and that weird lock up"
    The first time I had the same problem when I bought the game and messed up my wheel and pedal calibration. It happens when in calibration you do a complete rotation the second rotation and confirm.
    The second time this problem occurred was after a fresh install of the game.
    I was doing the calibration and my wheel in game was not stopping rotating even though I was not moving the wheel and I could not do the calibration. I needed to restart my PC and do the calibration again.

“that weird lock up and spin as you try to trail brake into the apex.”
    This problem also occurs if when doing the pedal calibration, the moment you touch the pedal on screen the value will jump instantly to 100% and you do not redo the pedal calibration.
    I am on T300rs and T3 PA-Pro pedals but the brake locking problem also occurred when I was using the pedals that came with the wheel.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I Think 1.3.3.1 has a better feel, I use Default FFB and no driving aids other than Auto-Clutch

In the previous version, some open-wheelers were very unstable, and suffered from strange oversteer effects That's all gone. All open-wheelers that I have tested so far are freed from that strange feeling. I can brake well again and feel that I can optimize the pressure on front wheels, braking into the corner. And if I want a little too much and break the frontwheel grip, that results in understeer instead of that strange oversteer behavior where it looks like I can move the back of the car by twisting the steering wheel a bit, and the frontwheels keep to much grip.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Budgetek

Budgetek Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I feel the same. The behaviour of GTE and GT3 cars feel strange to me. Sliding a lot. Poor grip and strangely rotating in turns like there was no mass of the cars. I am no expert at all. No IRL experience, only other sims. But lately I feel dissapointed by the driving feel in AMS2. Its no critique, just statement of my personal feelings. And of course MP is so poor. Why the heck one ends up in the main menu after leaving MP server? Isnt it logical to go back to server list? This is so annoying and seems to me that it might be fixed easily. Maybe not. I will stay out for few months and hope it will improve. So many bugs to be solved. But hey there are luckily way more polished sims so lets give Reiza another year and see what they can do.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yea, there are some design choices that make no sense from UX pov.

The cited MP returning to main menu is one of them. The other is server settings being copied from the last one you joined instead of the last one created by you.

And there are more.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

That's legacy by SMS though, PC2 already had this IIRC.

8. samrussell_98

samrussell_98 If in doubt, go flat out AMS2 Club Member

Just out of interest, and I may have missed this so apologies in advance…

Do we know when we will be getting the Jan Dev update? No pressure on this, I’m just keen to read what’s coming in the pipeline and when we can get driving the Aston GT3 ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. ray64040

ray64040 Member AMS2 Club Member

For the GT3s are you seeing the behavior from the very first lap or it comes on after a few laps at race pace? Something that may be relevant from the 1.3.2.0 changelog:
    • Revised ideal temperature & range for all tires (generally slightly lower ideal temps and wider operating windows for road, vintage & harder semi-pro level slicks & semislicks, higher and narrower on higher top level compounds)
    I feel some of what you are describing with the GT4s and at least one year of the modern stock cars but don't with GT3s/GTEs unless I'm overheating the tires or getting big deltas between front and rear tire temp. My assumption was the GT4 and stock car tires need more refinement after the tire overhaul in 1.3.0.0

10. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well... still bad UX that needs sorting imho. Since Reiza chose this engine, now it is yet another entry to the backlog of fixing to be done.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Raphael Camelo

Raphael Camelo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Formula retro GEN1:
    All cars
    Formula retro GEN2:
    All cars
    Formula retro GEN3:
    Gen3 DFY
    Mclaren MP4/1c
    Formula Vintage GEN1:
    All cars
    Formula Vintage GEN2:
    All cars

Last edited: Feb 7, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  12. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

OP is right, lifting is required for many older f1 cars, even with autoclutch is enabled

13. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

When you see it - it's arrived. Until then - we wait...

14. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I cant be more disagreeing.
    At least conserning the Formula cars I drive (F-Reiza and all the US Carts).
    They are just the most believable virtual cars in any sim I have or have tried.

I have just spent a week trying to position myself on all the new Carts LBs - and eventhough it demands a lot of concentration it also is mainly pure joy. :)
    I wont comment on your physics compare with Raceroom mainly because I want to behave friendly.
    But eventhough Im doing pretty good on Racerooms LBs and specially enjoy that I dont have mandatory to offer my custom setups - then in my oppinion Racerooms physics and specially TM is in another league compared to AMS2.
    And if I mean a higher or a lower league I will leave to your own interpretation :D

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  15. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

Speaking of GTE, the placement of the side mirrors of GTE Mercedes are too close to the driver in VR...it should be in front close to the hood. When I am driving with the same class of AI, i look over at their cars and their side mirrors were place further away from the car. So why is the car I am driving had the side mirrors close to me? I hope they fix this...that's my favorite car in AMS2.

16. Billy Blaze

Billy Blaze Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 7
  17. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Can anyone of the devs finally start reworking the replay cams of Hockenheim's historic layouts? The camera either is far away from car or just shows trees for ages. :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Imo the replay trackside camera's on a lot of tracks need work, some are too much zoomed in on the player car which causes the racing action to be missed, and indeed sometimes you look at trees for a long time, but thats not just on hockenheim, monza for example has the same, and there are others as well

• Agree Agree x 6
  19. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm not sure it's poor camera positioning as such. It seems there is some kind of bug where it picks the wrong trackside cam and then just never switches, hence you get 30 seconds of trees. If you cycle to another camera and go back to the trackside cam, it seems to recover and starts following the player car properly.

• Agree Agree x 8
  20. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, RaceRoom has this issue (which plagues most formula cars there (the road cars aren't affected as much)) that they are simply too stable on the rear at high speeds. Some of the corrections and spins we see in RL are just impossible to have with RaceRoom because, at a certain speed, the car is *too* glued to the track. Might also be a setup issue, but the sim loses some liveliness because of that.

On the other end of the spectrum, AMS2 sometimes tends to be very loose compared to what you see on RL onboards, but I feel like this is more related to grip than overall flaws in physics. The only thing I think is a little weird in AMS2 is that it's very hard to get actual wheelspin and far easier to have the car pulling to the right or left in a somewhat bewildering manner without the feeling of tyres burning out.

On another note, I wonder where track development has gone. Before 1.3, I could set a track on "heavy rubber" and there would be a clearly visible rubbered in line. Since 1.3. it looks (and feels) exactly like a green track. Have I missed something?

• Agree Agree x 3