1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Here's a 5.0.1.2 file with a variant in the tear/scrub. Only adjusted the tear & scrub values, no code changes.

@tUMi, I also have buttkicker stuff, but unfortunately my rig is not that great these days, so not really using it. Do you happen to know of a rig that can be bought where it 's stupid simple to add a large buttkicker in the back and a clarke in front at first?
    Or anybody else knows?

I really need a new rig anyways, so might as well find one that makes my life easy if it's possible...

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  2. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

yeah just thinking out loud..
    it would be good to find a way to reduce the oscillation.
    as mentioned i feel it’s mostly coming through the higher understeer scales.
    so maybe being able to reduce that while increasing tire resistance might give a similar feel.
    as i don’t think different dt values are doing anything but masking the problem. and i feel they add latency.

Also the hf downforce loading can vary greatly between cars. thing like the awesome f-usa cars have much higher downforce ramp up then even other formula cars so it’s hard to find a peak that suits all.
    that’s why i toy with increased hf static force reduction etc.
    Ps . i wish i had a butt kicker , specially one that wasn’t attached to my wife’s leg..

Last edited: Feb 8, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Last edited: Mar 10, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Karsten Hvidberg

Looking forward to also trying this too @Stakanov!

• Like Like x 1
  5. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

Sorry, can't think of any rig right now that meets your requirement. Propably there are several rigs out there that will meet that requirement. I'm using just a single ButtKicker Gamer 2 on my Simetik K2-R rig (mounted to the back of my rig) and I'm happy with that.

6. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

I tested the new 5.0.1.2 with fanatec dd1. I think the file is very good for belt wheels. Unfortunately not recommended for dd wheels. Extreme vibrations in almost all cars. For dd wheels I recommend Kuku file or mine
    For csl DD (8Nm) maybe all files could be good

Beautiful day

Last edited: Feb 9, 2022
  7. Karsten Hvidberg

Hey Daniel,

This sounds weird as it was made on a DD wheel base(Simucube 2), what are your settings?

8. Mike Evans

Mike Evans Member

Not for me. I have a CSL DD 8nm and think 5.0.1.2 feels great. I found yours too soft for my liking. Obviously it’s a personal preference thing.
    As with anything like this it’s a suck it and see situation.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Tr51

Tr51 Member AMS2 Club Member

hello folks
    I'm testing with DD Accuforce, with Sim Commander and without SC ... I will keep you updated
    bye

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I had a open mind fresh look at the Scrub and tear, instead of just copy and pasting in old scrub ...
    I broke it down and tested various extremes to better understand what's affecting what., then scaled up or down from there.
    The result of this new scrub looks wild on paper , but in practice , its very organic, and I simply cant go back .

Its improved the steering feel ( even at low speed , the braking feel, the edge of tire limit and made for a smoother experience at the same time, with the jagged skipping eliminated.

If you cant feel it your not driving fast enough :D

I predict @tUMi is going to set a new lap record with this ;), its sharpened some of my pace up for sure., with a whole lot more confidence.
    there maybe some micro fine tuning to do, but im not going to have the time for a day or so.
    It could make the FX slider more broad range to perhaps .

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  11. Danielkart

Hey Karsten
    My values are all in the file for in Game and base/fanalab

Attached Files:

12. Danielkart

You have 8Nm and I have 20Nm, this behaves completely differently. Yes that is individual. But when there is extreme vibration, it is no longer playable, that's fact

13. Karsten Hvidberg

Hey @Stakanov,

Is it possible for you to post the 5.1.1.2 file with your tear/scrub modifications so it's easy to try out?

• Like Like x 3
  14. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

I don't experience extreme vibrations but, I believe that the amount of Friction & Damping used play a major part in filtering out such vibrations, more than a matter of servo characteristics and overall power output.

It has been the same whether I used an AccuForce / SimuCube1 / SimuCube2. Certainly, mass and natural inertia of the servo / wheel play a part but, the dynamic nature of the electronic controller can neutralize those differences, to some extent. Dynamic range and headroom (for clipping) vary but, DD all use the same principal control methods, no matter their naming convention.

Friction has greater direct impact on reducing bump response in FFB whereas, Damping slows the bump effects. So, Friction limits or mutes the bump response more than Damping does. There exists a fine balance between these constant force effects. They can remove unwanted responses and still provide excellent levels of detail and overall steering characteristics but, require considerable experimentation.

I think many users are quick to disregard the role these constant force effects actually play, in providing improved control of the overall steering character and details.

15. Jean-Yves Mercy

Jean-Yves Mercy Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello everyone,

first of all, thank you for all the files proposed.
    I found my happiness for my TSPC Racer, I test each time the new files, but I do not know why I always return to my old 3.1 file.

But that's not why I'm writing to you: I'm on a forum where I often read that drivers with a Simucube 1 or 2 don't feel the track at all, they say it's a shame that AMS2 is so flat. Which I really don't understand since my TSPC is extremely lively, and I can't find any flat and lifeless track.

IF someone from my remarks could direct me to a file well suited for the Simucube, I could pass the info on my forum.

Thanks in advance.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

16. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@Karsten Hvidberg
    I'm in the office now and for my file I go home later .... to be faster I downloaded your original 5.1.1.2 from the forum and I only replaced the SCRUB code for each wheel without any modification of the original values and it is also better to make the comparison ... as you know my file is modified in many other parts and therefore the comparison could be skewed by other variables :) ... you can find what you requested to me attached below ;)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. LE GAULOIS

LE GAULOIS New Member

rFuktor 5.0.1.x
    Optimisation fanatec DD1
    In game: Gain 65, LFB 0, FX 50, Damping 0
    DD1/FANALAB: SEN Auto, FFb 100, FFS Linear, NDP 5, NFR 0, NIN 1, INT 1, FEI 100, FOR 100, SPR 100, DPR 100
    Dynamic FFB Enable default and damper effect range 5°

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  18. Danielkart

It doesn't matter. I have the perfect file for me, and also for some other people. I will continue to go away the 5.01. Good luck with the other way to 5.01.2 . Take care
    Daniel

19. Cully

Cully Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@Karsten Hvidberg im using 5.0.1.2 and it feels like its giving me great information but its very weak for me on CSL DD 5NM compared to default+.
    Anything you recommend i can do my end?
    Thanks always for your files.

20. Karsten Hvidberg

Uh, that's hard for me to say...
    You can adjust the "master_rack" in the file up. Also in-game increase the gain and perhaps the lfb.

I'm sorry I'm not of too much help, I'm afraid :(

• Informative Informative x 1