1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Premium track pack 6th track speculation/analysis

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by JustinCase, Feb 12, 2022.

1. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

So, what do you all think the sixth premium track could be? In this post I'm gonna try and make a list of likeliness, see if you agree.
    The five existing Premium tracks are: Spa, Monza, Hockenheim, Nürburgring and Silverstone. What do they have in common? Internationally big names with big histories, all in Europe, all featured F1 races at some point. All tracks also have historic variants. Reiza is selling these premium tracks individually, so they got to have some serious marketing potential.

To me, there are not a lot of circuits left which have the same appeal, so my guess would be either of these:
    • Le Mans/Circuit de la Sarthe (nothing to add here ;) )
    • Barcelona-Catalunya (lots of historical variations, F1 track for 30 years)
    • Le Castellet/Paul Ricard (disliked by a lot of people though)
    • COTA (no historical variants though)
    • Portimão/Algarve (no historical variants though)
    • Indianapolis Motor Speedway (I suspect this one is coming with Racin' USA pt3)

Then there are tracks that are nice, but (I think) don't have enough appeal (but maybe at a lower price point?):
    • Hungaroring (F1 track for 35+ years)
    • Albert Park (F1 track for 25+ years)
    • Sebring (too unknown for European customers?)
    • Mexico City/Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez
    • Zandvoort
    • Zolder
    • Mugello
    • Buenos Aires (I kinda except this one to come over from AMS1 at some point)
    • Fuji Speedway
    Tracks that possibly could have been a premium track, but are already in the game;
    • Spielberg/Red Bull Ring
    • Imola
    • Daytona
    • Laguna Seca
    • Monaco (Azure circuit)
    • Kansai/Suzuka
    • Brands Hatch
    • Montreal/Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
    • Interlagos
    All this is of course pure speculation, but what do you think Reiza's choice for the sixth Premium track will be?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2022
    • Like Like x 7
  2. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

for me Fuji would be a great addition but then I love the historic version of Fuji more than any tbh. That insane blind drop and banked right hand turn at the end of the long pit straight is just mental. The best VR ever gets! I guess there's something wrong with me cos when I look at your list of tracks, my first thought is what is the historic version like and if it doesn't have one then I'm not really interested. So Le Mans of course, but Zandvoort would be cool oh so would Indy, but as for the rest meh.:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 3
  3. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

Same! I am definitely more interested in historical tracks as well. This is more an exercise to try and figure out which track Reiza is going to pick. :D

4. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Would love to have Sebring in historic and modern config. However I'd also take historic and modern Fuji. It's underrepresented in sims.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

SUUUUUUUGOOOOOOOOOOO

• Like Like x 1
  6. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Indy has to come with USA part 3. I think Indianapolis is to USA what Interlagos is to Brazil.

As for the 6th, I hope anything except Paul Ricard and CotA.

7. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

Yeah, I’d be really happy with any of Le Mans, Zandvoort, Sebring or Fuji. Algarve is probably my fave track of the bunch but doesn’t have the same prestige, certainly when compared to the premium tracks released already.
    Ultimately I’m confident I’ll be delighted with whatever they come out with, tbh.

8. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe Sebring, as it is iconic, has several layouts and historic layout.
    Currently, rF2 has the best version of modern Sebring.

9. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Before I contribute with my speculation, here are some criteria that I believe weigh heavily into Reiza's decision for what Premium Race Track 6 will be:

A: Premiumness (features)
    A1: Quality of source data (e.g. laser scan, quality of reference material)
    A2: Number of layouts
    A3: Historic content
    A4: Seasons / weather variation
    A5: Number of possible racing disiplins (road racing, oval, trucks, kart, dirt…)
    A6: Unique selling points – i.e. "AMS2 is only sim to feature X"

B: Limitations
    B1: License terms and restrictions
    B2: Performance limitations (size and model complexity, open/occluded)
    B3: Madness engine limitations (surface types, AI paths, custom logic required…)

C: Expenses
    C1: License cost
    C2: Development cost – both technical and research

D: Earnings
    D1: Number of likely DLC buyers
    D2: Attractiveness for potential new AMS2 customers (but not necessarily DLC buyers)
    D3: Publicity gain
    D4: Other growth factors

E: Relevance
    E1: Current significance and racing pedigree
    E2: Applicability (relevance to current and future content)
    E3: Brazilian racing heritage (connection to Brazilian racing series and Brazilian racers)
    E4: Affection value, referencing Reiza's past or specific developer dreams
    E5: Completion factor (if a track is needed to complete a specific racing calendar)

F: Diversity
    F1: Racing disiplins not covered by current premium tracks (oval, kart…)
    F2: Location different from current premium tracks (new country? new continent?)
    F3: "And now for something completely different"

G: Driving experience
    G1: Fun factor
    G2: Difficulty
    G3: Visual scenery
    G4: Unique driving feel, especially compared to other AMS2 tracks
    G5: Multiplayer compatibility (track width, T1 crashfest risk…)

I certainly forgot something in my list above, but I think these criteria are good places to start when determining how good a candidate is for Premium Race Track 6.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Maybe Indianapolis will be included in Racin' USA pt3, Sebring is a highly requested track so it would be nice if it was included too.
    If you go by player request I'd expect Le Mans to be the 6th premium track since it's one of the most requested tracks, it's one of the most important tracks for endurance racing, and if Le Mans & Indianapolis are added to the game then Reiza could include some sort of triple crown event in career mode. Hopefully Reiza can get the license stuff worked out and include the current layout, some historic layouts, and the Bugatti circuit.
    Paul Ricard & Portimão are used in a number of real life racing series but they don't seem to be as popular with sim racers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Marg

Marg Active Member

I hope no Sebring so soon, I am openwheeler (historic F1 or CART), and GT type of racing is not my cup of tea. Although... because of beautiful sunsets, I admit, I race DPi (Daytona prototypes) quite often. I would make tracks which are used by several series, so fans of all those series would be satisfied, for example - Detroit Belle Isle - used by both IMSA and Indycar.
    And - CART tracks - there are too few of them. But historic F1 - better really good selection, with even historic tracks, almost OK.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I find it extremely likely that it will be a track that is currently in use by a popular racing series, most likely by F1, but at the very least by GT3. All current premium tracks are FIA Grade 1 tracks used by F1, and AMS2 has a lot of focus on F1 content, especially from the Senna era. But, if we ignore the F1 connection, the only other realistic candidate is Circuit de la Sarthe, which in my view is the most likely candidate if Reiza can get the license in order. (I doubt that a generic "Mulsanne circuit" would sell enough without the name recognition)

From what I can imagine, all other likely candidates will struggle to attract enough DLC customers in order to be viable from a business perspective, unfortunately. I have to keep reminding myself that even though I myself would happily pay premium for a certain track, that doesn't mean that most other people will…

To judge popularity, take a look at List of most used iRacing tracks since January 2019
    Ignoring the free tracks, Hungaroring is relatively high, but I think that's because it's a recent addition so it has the freshness factor. Or is there a Hungaroring popularity that I haven't picked up on? I hope not, as I personally don't like that track :oops: – I would much rather have Zandvoort instead. And according to Raceroom tracks sorted by best selling, Zandvoort is in 4th place at the moment, while "Senna era" tracks such as Paul Ricard and Hungaroring are far down on the list. Sebring is also fairly high on the iRacing list, but is it really a premium track that people will buy at a premium price, even if it gets historic layouts?

Also, keep in mind that the Steam description for Premium Track Pack states:
    (My emphasis, and the text has not been updated to include Monza). To be honest, it's very hard for me to find any candidates other than the ones I've listed in this post, even though the OP has a lot of great suggestions. Unless maybe Premium Race Track 6 is a collection of several F1 tracks? Nah, that doesn't quite fit in the same mould.

13. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

as said in the other thread - wont be Le Mans due to licensing and lack of proper modern Le Mans vehicles.
    one track people might not have on their lists is Zaandvoort. historic F1 track, probably the most entertaining current f1 track. it ticks alot of boxes, and its in PC3, so the assets are already in the engine.

14. stlutz

stlutz Active Member

For the 6th track my bet would be on Hungaroring or possibly Barcelona. The tracks in this pack are fundamentally European F1 tracks.

I'm hoping Racing USA has been successful enough that they would see the value in doing a USA Bonus Track pack with Sebring, Mid-Ohio, and Road Atlanta, or something like that.

My guess is that that would add Buenos Aires and Mexico City as standard base tracks at some point.

• Like Like x 5
  15. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I’d definitely be happy with Barcelona and Zaandvoort including all the layout possibilities.
    The Current Mexican GP would be pretty cool, but I’d imagine it’s incredibly difficult to recreate in a proper scanned quality manner, which is the only level that would be acceptable to the people purchasing.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Fernando Mattos

Fernando Mattos New Member

I think the next track will be Barcelona. It fills a lot of the F1 seasons, it has a rallycross variant (I think I saw that an Extreme DLC is coming), and there are good assets available for building it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think that Renato is trying to complete the 1991 f1 season. This leaves 5 options, in decreasing order of likelihood;

Barcelona
    Hungaroring
    Mexico City
    Magny Cours
    Phoenix

Barcelona is probably the easiest to make, due to access to the pc2 trackside assets

• Like Like x 2
  18. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Old Fuji, mhhh, delicious:)

But before new cars and tracks, please add the missing histroic layouts and the Buenos Aires track.

• Winner Winner x 2
  19. Steve Young

Steve Young Active Member

Maybe a conversion.. would like to see custom tracks eventually. Love the Sim.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I think you guys forget some really great tracks to drive on down under.
    I know Philip Island and Albert Park from iRacing.;)
    Both are much more fun to drive on in a virtual sim than at least some of the mentioned "missing" tracks which (IMO) are just mentioned because of some strange semi-nationalistic oppinion "that we want more US tracks".
    Hehe or the opposite "we need more european tracks".

I couldnt care less of the tracks nationality.:rolleyes:
    Because I dont need to talk to the track.:D

So both my very positive experiences from iRacing but also from watching at least F1 races from beautifull Albert Park makes me post this ;)

Check out the pics if you dont believe me::p

PhilipIland.jpg AlbertPark.jpg

• Like Like x 1