1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Information for Customizing AI drivers in AMS2 V1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by gian, Nov 19, 2021.

1. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Shouldn't there be 2 separate attributes to cover what are 2 different things. Some drivers can be very good/consistent when doing laps of tracks but are not as good as some tracks than others (or their car is not as good at some tracks than others).

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

A 'stress' slider (or more appropriately a 'resilience' slider) would be a nice addition imho, the idea being that if you are on an ai's rear bumper for a period of time but just cant quite get by, your presence unsettles it enough that it suffers an additional lap consistency penalty or stamina penalty. Linked to the consistency slider so that high consistency reduces the effect and low consistency increases it, it could create the appearance of experience and resilience.

• Like Like x 3
  3. stlutz

stlutz Active Member

Alternatively, it may be that the "defending" slider just needs to have a bigger impact. High numbers mean that driver difficult to pass (as is the case now), but low numbers instead of just meaning that they won't fight as hard also means that they might make a bit of a mistake in terms of where they brake for a corner and so forth.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Agreed. Mistakes are obvious by their absence at the moment. Lock ups, slides, spins, all would be highly immersive to come across occasionally.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Has anyone of you experience with editing the line "<tyre_management>x.xx</tyre_management>"?
    Do low values mean that the driver has to pit more often, because his tyres are worn out sooner? Or does the pilot just achieve slower laptimes?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2022
  6. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That's actually described in gians first post of this thread.

7. gian

gian Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Both, his tires worn sooner and consequently he drives slower sooner and has to pit earlier

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

I guess a low stamina score will compound any low tyre score? Is it a case of one or the other, but prob not both at the same time? Context sensitive I suppose..

9. gian

gian Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

stamina and tyre management work independently. A driver can have tyres in good shape but drive slow due to being tired, and vice versa a driver can have a good stamina but drive slow because his tyres already worn too much. Or he can drive even slower due to being tired and having tyres in a bad shape at the same time.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Thanks, Gian. :)

Was playing a bit with tyre management. Altered a Custom AI for F_V12. The backmarkers had values between 0.1 and 0.3 there (and their other abilities were very low, too).

Settings: Formula_V12, race at Hockenheim 2001, 25 laps (about 45 minutes race time). Tyre wear = authentic.

Made 2 races:

Race 1: No mandatory stops.
    Nobody was pitting at all, although it was a race for about 45 minutes. The backmarkers with low values in tyre management decided rather to crawl around the track than to change tyres.

Race 2: With mandatory stops.
    All cars pitted just once, the backmarkers did not pit more often than the top drivers with high values.

So, it seems to me that this tyre management thing has no effect when it comes to pitting more often.

Or must I lower the value to something below 0.1?

11. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The tire management thing might be more useful for laptime dropoff of AI cars over a stint, than really influencing their pit stop frequency.

12. Kim

Kim Mr. Andersen in SIM AMS2 Club Member

What influencing their pit stop frequency. Haven't tried fiddling with AI, just curious?

13. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't think, there is much to do under realistic wear/consumption factors, but i also don't know the finer points, so not sure.
    Of course AI needs fuel and new tires at some point...

@gian is there a trickery to particularly influence AI pit stop frequency over a race? (so pitting earlier for worn tires if strategy allows, for example)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

I tend to combine it as a character trait with aggression and raw speed, so if for example Im creating a driver who is really fast but rags the car, then his tyres will be knackered a bit quicker, while someone else might be quite quick, but conserve tyres better, then someone who is a driving god will be fast, conserve tyres, and have great concentration (stamina). I find this approach helps me contextualise for me personally for those drivers who are front runner outliers. I offer it for info only so it may help someone make sense of it. Pitstops Im afraid I havent even begun to explore yet so its a bit off topic as posts go..

• Like Like x 1
  15. Harry H

Harry H Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yesterday I discovered that 6 additional liveries have been added to the Lancer Cup cars. I don't recall seeing any Reiza announcements anywhere about these additions. I'm trying to keep my AI spreadsheet updated, so it would really help if livery additions were mentioned in the release notes. Thanks!

EDIT: I missed the announcement. My bad. Thanks Mr Kim.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2022
  16. Kim

Kim Mr. Andersen in SIM AMS2 Club Member

under VEHICLES

17. Harry H

Harry H Active Member AMS2 Club Member

My bad!

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  18. Romeo Foxtrot

Romeo Foxtrot Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The Lancers and GT3s didn't change the livery names.
    The GT1 McLaren #08 was dropped and #26 added.

• Like Like x 1
  19. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Where did this change log come from?' Have not seen it published here.

20. Jebus

Jebus The Lying Finn AMS2 Club Member

It's for a beta release.