F-Vee so hard to drive.. How to stop oversteer?

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by SaxOhare, Dec 21, 2016.

1. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This car is so hard to drive,
    Does anyone have a setup to stop the constant oversteer?

2. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Over-steer is one of the things that makes a session in the Vee so satisfying; it's a little tricky to find the sweet-spot with it but, so fun to balance the car using the throttle. I'm sure there are ways to tame it but, I actually like it in default setup trim. :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

It doesn't stop. And probably if you manage to stop it, you won't be fast. Anyway, the more stiff the front and the less stiff the rear (springs and ARBs), the less oversteer you get (the more understeer too).

Also, I assume you are complaining about OS while braking or off throttle. For that, increase damper bump at the front and rebound at the rear. (I'm not sure "bump" is the right word)

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Active Member AMS2 Club Member

And in addition to all that: once you are running, only use 3rd and 4th gears, never go back to 2nd!

5. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

And when cornering, only take your foot off the throttle when you want to crash...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Qazdar Karim

Qazdar Karim Member

Increase the rear camber and reduce the front one :)

This car has a solid axle on the back, it's really normal that it drives like that :)

7. Kevin Peat

Kevin Peat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Left foot brake and keep some throttle on when turning in as it massively stabilises the rear. Only change down to 2nd gear when you really have to. This is my setup, hopefully it helps a bit.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. krusti

krusti RaceSimulatorItaly Founder AMS2 Club Member

Exact.

Thanks Kevin, i' ll try your setup later and compare it with mine, for now in the Time Trial i used the default setup just to understand this tricky car.

9. skiptor

skiptor New Member AMS2 Club Member

My favorite car in AMS at the moment. Don't overdrive it, it doesn't like that. Brake early and keep your foot on the throttle as has been said. Play around with the brake balance AND the pressure. Depending on the track, some turns you kind of want to be in a slight 4 wheel skid to keep momentum.

But really, before you play with all the adjustments just learn to drive it with the base setup. You might be getting oversteer and you try to correct by lifting? When the wheels regain grip at lower speed, you're probably spinning. There's an awesome video by Niels which explains physics and grip levels on his YouTube channel. Watch that and you'll love the Vee after, it highlights all the things he talks about.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Supa

Supa Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Also having a powerful DD wheel like Niels has helps too :)