1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.3.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.3.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 1, 2022.

1. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

deleted

Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

We need Toto slamming the table in the garage :D

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Koen_Sch

Koen_Sch Active Member

[​IMG]

No Dolph no! That is so not right!

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 4
  4. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hmm, thanks man, that sounds pretty inspiring! I think if I could get my head round it I could end up really enjoying tinkering with the A.I. I must admit its one of the new features of the game ive not delved into yet, mostly for risk of buggering up my installation (I'll just have to make a back up of concerned folders), and being too busy, but yeah if set some proper time aside for it I could really sink my teeth into this, I'd love to see how different I could make the field, you know make some drivers etrememly slow and some extremely fast, some mega aggressive and some make more mistakes, could be great fun! This is the thread for adjustments right? Information for Customizing AI drivers in AMS2 V1.3 Thanks again for the suggestion mate!

Talking of new features and properly delving into them, I spent a good hour playing with the new cam settings whilst driving around before finally settling on the parameters I've got now and I am so happy, I love what they've done with the cams and the extra adjustable elements now let me customise my views so neatly! Would definately suggest to anyone its worth having a proper sit down, drive a bit, adjust,drive, repeat, to get them just right. Its worth it cause from then on once its set just how you like (different for everyone im sure) a good camera setup will enhance every race! Made a little vid about it, think i might end up enjoying A.I. tinkering as mush as I did cam tinkering!..... Hang on,,, just read that back and it sounds rude! I wonder if folks who make garden Nombs are called "Nomb Tinkerers", thats just wrong in'it!

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Its pretty hard to keep calm when this c* game decided to crash just after I had made a new TT WR on Cart/Nordschleife.
    But ofcourse the crash happens before the c* game has uploaded my WR lap.:rolleyes:
    Because in such kind of game you can only be sure if you as soon as you have finished the lap does exit and by that force the game to upload.

In this case the c* game even refused to start up again after I had visited the desktop.

ByTheWay: Yes I know the fault is in my end. And now I just have to reinstall Windows and the c* game. :p

AMS2 crash.png

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Re-logging to Windows/rebooting the PC is already enough.
    Such c* happens. More structured and level headed reports help to find issues quicker.

• Like Like x 2
  7. BrunoB

hahaha.
    So you dont find my veeery elaborated feedback good enough to find the issue solution :p:p

ByTheWay: I was so angry that there probably got hot steam out of both my ears:p

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Calm down your elaborated feedback a bit and it is even easier mate. ;)

Also when sending a bugsplat, it's helpful to describe the situation and steps, the crash followed, because it will likely be read and any detail matters.

Frustration is understandable, but venting shouldn't be done in the bug report itself.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. pederl

pederl New Member AMS2 Club Member

Please Renato let me drive this! :D
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 3
  10. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

We are on the beginning of a great era. Look at this beauty too:

upload_2022-2-17_15-50-25.png

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  11. BrunoB

Oh I just thought that after this upd I was able using brutal force to be allowed to set a RECOGNISED WR in this car.
    I lapped Nordschleife in 5:23.556.
    Saved the setup.
    Exit´ed to get the laptime recognised.
    WTF - this screen came up AGAIN :mad:

Come on Reiza.
    How about a tiny lil extra patch here?
    Pour moi :)
    I wont tell others :rolleyes:

Nord 523556.jpg

12. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Yeah that link is the right thread. Its a lot lot easier than it first appears and this tool is amazing, put together by @eSTee3
    TEMPLATE - AMS2 AI Creation Tool (make copy to use) - Google Sheets
    Boxes at the top and bottom tell you what to do.
    I saw your video shortly after it went up (Im one of your subscribers) and although Ive only seen a few mins so far Im looking forward to the rest over a nice cuppa. I think you'll enjoy yourself tremendously with it as a subject for your videos.
    I put together a rather gash file for the Ginetta G55 Supercup. I'll attach it and all you have to do is drop it in the AMS2 root/userdata/customAIdrivers folder. Its designed for Interlagos on a nice day on 100/50 settings with max allowable grid. It doesnt matter if you're on pole or not because the guys next to you will get the drop on you because theyre last years Supercup tiptop racing gods. Also the bogging down at the race start is still a thing (see video at the end of this post for a direct comparison of what it should be at the start compared to what it currently is in game. There's also a lot that is great too, like the traction levels, the slippery nature of the car...the video is at Thruxton, my local circuit that Ive actually driven and its a great track, very fast with some interesting cambers). The 50 is important because.....

"aggression: Driver aggression. It is scaled by the "Opponent Aggression" slider setting. Examples:
      • At 50% "Opponent Aggression" slider setting, the driver aggression will be identical to the overriden value.
      • At 0% "Opponent Aggression" slider setting, all drivers have 0.0 aggression.
      • At 100% "Opponent Aggression" slider setting, all drivers have 1.0 aggression.
      • At 80% "Opponent Aggression" slider setting, the 0-1 aggression value is mapped into a 0.6-1.0 range.
      • At 20% "Opponent Aggression" slider setting, the 0-1 agression value is mapped into a 0.0-0.4 range.
      • Etc, etc."
    Anyway, have fun :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. BrunoB

Pretty realistic sound - me think :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Yeah theres actually lots which is absolutely spot on :) Just the longitudinal grip? Not sure if that needs looking at under power..

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

One difference that really stands out to me is the drivetrain, the gaps (elasticity) between accel. / decel., are larger and harder hitting in the video.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Alain Fry

Alain Fry Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah ! Formula Ultimate Gen 3:whistle:

• Like Like x 7
  17. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

All I'm saying is...if they have the McLaren license settled in so well...and multiple of their F1 cars are on offer...and McLaren is one of the more relatively accepting companies when it comes to putting their new models in sims...and current-year F1 cars are a niche yet to be officially filled...:whistle:

• Like Like x 7
  18. BrunoB

@CatAstrophe05
    Yeah If .. and ... and ... and ... and - then I think too you are right:)

19. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

i vote for a Red Bull deal :)

20. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

A current F1 car would be nice, but I'd be more interested in the championship winning F1 2008 McLaren. F-Reiza is OK but I'd rather have a V8 F1 car without kers & drs.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1