1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time Trial is consistently frame jitters/stutters going from 120fps to 96...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by VFX Pro, Feb 26, 2022.

1. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have a RTX 3090, which runs most settings at ultra. It works perfectly fine in testing or racing mode. Time Trial is unplayable since 1.3.1, just stuttering mess.

Anyone else with this issue?

Time Trial - Monza, F-USA Gen 3 - Reynard 2ki Honda as one example. Seems to be more frequent/repeatable w/ F-USA CART cars.

2. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I’m going to assume you use UDP for your set up, but perhaps it’s worth running UDP frequency at a higher value.

3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Wow it must have gotten worse because previously TT would loose 40-60 fps for me! I will have a test a bit later today.

4. VFX Pro

Great tip... Yes, I'm running UDP since I have a 6 DOF rig. Will try your suggestion and report on the output.

• Like Like x 1
  5. VFX Pro

@Kuku Maddog Unfortunately, cranking it up to UDP frequency 9 didn't help. It's something about the USA CART cars. They must have a bad texture, reflections, shader issue, etc... or the combination of Time Trial and CART seems to be causing stuttering.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Does it happen if you does run without all your motion and butt things kicking you?

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. VFX Pro

It's a good suggestion @BrunoB, I'll try that next so I can hopefully continue using Time Trial and keep challenging you! :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Oh you evil man - dont threaten me.:eek:
    I will not tell what car I have moved to - but its a formula and the name has a certain resemblance with a game producer near us :p

ByTheWay: My suggestion about the motion and butt things is just to get this potiential cause away - before you have to dig deaper into this irritating issue.:)

• Like Like x 2
  9. VFX Pro

LOL! I love having a challenge and you are good at it :)
    BTW, I tried to disable Simtools for motion and SimRacingStudio for buttkickers, sadly, CART cars and many tracks don't like each other. Hopefully, can find this stutter causing-issue with the CART cars (probably built really fast with some mistakes).

Last edited: Feb 28, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Kro

Kro Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't ever do TT because I'm old & slow :rolleyes: but I see your system is a beast so I wanted to see for myself if I had any issues with my 3080ti sim rig. I tried to match your session by testing the Reynard 2ki at Monza then for kicks I also tried Long beach as some players say they have some stutter there as well also, I have settings on ultra, but I saw no skip, jitter or frame drops at either track with a steady 116 - 120 fps on both tracks with a high around 125 fps coming out of parabolica, & the low around 116 . I do run a deferent chip set, AMD Ryzen 9 also I'm using WIN10 & feeling lucky as so far I don't have any issues with stuttering or large frame drops. Are you on WIN 11? I have read & herd allot of players complaints with performance on win 11 but to be fair some players have no issues with it.
    It's so strange these different types of PC's issues we all have as gamers :eek:o_O:D Hope you can sort it out and it seems you're not alone with this issue..

• Like Like x 1
  11. Remco Hitman

Remco Hitman Member

I too have this issue in TT and fpsVR tells me the CPU is going crazy, spiking yellow/orange half the time and not delivering the frames fast enough. Could be the combination of VR and TT?

RTX3090 plus 10900K (5Ghz) here as well.

• Like Like x 1
  12. VFX Pro

Hello @Kro and @Remco Hitman. I can tell you it's not VR, since I don't use it at the moment, but I do have Steam VR installed. Not using Windows 11. TT works well for all the cars/tracks I've tried so far, except when a CART car is involved. I confirmed this issue at Monza and Guapore, I'm sure there must be some other tracks. I adore this simulator, that's why I spent a lot of time reporting any issue I do encounter.

• Like Like x 2