1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.3.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.3.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 1, 2022.

1. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

@Renato Simioni, I really think that an update for this weekend isn't even necessary. AMS2 is in a very good state (a lot of work needs to be done, but there is nothing that can be called "game break") and have a lot of content (much more than anyone really needs.

So, in light of current events, why don't you just delay the update for a month or more, maybe release just some hotfix for more simple stuff and, instead of give us content or more substantial fixes, just give us a big and bold developer update, with a lot of promises and teases and save the next update to be a big one?

I'm talking by myself, but strongly believe that nobody will dislike this idea.

• Disagree x 5
    • Friendly x 5
    • Agree x 4
    • Dislike x 2
    • Like x 1
  2. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

As Renato mentioned, it was not sure what would make it in the update, i think they could release the things they have done the last weeks, no need to delay that if its release ready.

i mean, a delay would be understandable, but when its not necessary it makes no sense to delay stuff.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Agreed, there might be some small but much needed fixes waiting to be exposed to the masses.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

Agreed - but using the same logic, when it is necessary it makes sense to delay stuff. Still in beta - not ready for release. Patience.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I would actually just prefer a published somewhat detailed Roadmap and if any good surprises happen, add them and if delays are required, get ahead of it.
    Things are at this sort of transition phase where some are expecting monthly updates both to the game and in the form of communication. I think it is unnecessary.
    My own preference is that I would rather Reiza under promise things. For example if they are at a stage where they can legally announce a new piece of content, do it. But when it comes to releasing it, I would prefer they wait until it is a certainty they can place a date. As it is now it feels like they are trying too hard to meet impossible deadlines and unfortunately giving a perception of over promising.
    I know this is only a videogame but you can clearly see by some responses how much some look forward to certain things and even take time off work to be able to enjoy it. I remember reading an article several years ago talking about how the release of John Madden football also coincided with a significant "call in sick" phenomenon...haha.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

GT7 showroom :cool::whistle:

• Like Like x 1
  7. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

Ps4 too expensive for 1 game, Ps5 not available.

Regarding the Dev Update, lets put it out there finally.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. 2ndLastJedi

No PC or triple screen option but still can admire the beauty.

9. kallenhard

kallenhard Member

So which are you driving first on release, the 95i or the T9400?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just a few posts above you can see that Renato already said it does not makes sense to publish a detailed road map due to the war.

11. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't mean now, I just mean as a general philosophy going forward. Obviously what is going on right now is an unfortunate exception. I don't expect ANYTHING under these current circumstances.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Koen_Sch

Koen_Sch Active Member

The best mentally IMO

13. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

Oh I hear that there are people from the team that are effected from this horrible war. I hope that we have some peace soon . I wish the team all the best and my thoughts are to those effected with it :(

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  14. Ricardokil

Ricardokil Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe some people won't like what I'm going to write.
    Look, every month it's the same, they keep asking for DEV updates and it arrives, the guys show what they plan and then the class calms down, already in the middle of the month they start questioning delays, and at the end of the month they want more DEV updates, that's good ?
    If I were Renato, the DEV and Sim updates would come out at least every 3 months, so I wouldn't have this type of subject every month, sorry, I don't want to sound rude, but there comes a time when patience decreases.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I would switch to less regular updates. Sometimes it would have been 2 months, sometimes weeks apart. The release would be linked to the development achievements rather than calendar.

That way people wouldn't be so upset when the update is "delayed" due to unforseen circumstances, whether it's a war, licensing or just annoying bug.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Don't have to be a roadmap, just tease us with anything... promise a JDM pack with Mt Haruna, a 50s F1 Pack, 959, Diablo and F40 with some free roaming map for Test Drive 2 tribute, say anything about the career mode... I don't care... lie if must lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Guys lets just let Reiza decide what and when they release updates and dev updates, they can decide for themselves.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. 2ndLastJedi

I dont know if i allowed to post this...but relax guys, the beta has had a few updates in the last days so i imagine the main release will be updated soon.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  19. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

100% .
    The jug always takes longer to boil if you watch and wait for it.
    And I’ve never got a faster boil from yelling hurry the @*#€ up at it. ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  20. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

Perspective: People are dying in an horrendous war and the most difficult choice I face this evening is what car/track combo to choose in my favorite racing sim ever, AMS2.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1