1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Competing against higher class AI, with no lower class AI around?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Remco Hitman, Mar 8, 2022.

1. Remco Hitman

Remco Hitman Member

Hi,

As the title says, is this possible? I'm trying to compete against the Formula Trainer Advanced using the Basic Trainer, but I can't deselect Basic Trainer AI it seems. I'd love to be last on a grid of Advanced Trainer cars only.

I'm running races at Nords with some rain halfway through the race, which slows down the AI a LOT. Using the underpowered car, it's a bit more of a challenge. At the moment I'm starting at the head of the lower class, but having the other lower classed AI seems like a waste of processing power.

Thanks!

2. Romeo Foxtrot

Romeo Foxtrot Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, I do this all the time - though not with the trainers.

Create custom AI files for all the classes you want the AI to use and delete (or rename) the file for the class you want to drive, then create a multi-class race with no more AI opponents than you have custom names for.

If you've named all the Advanced Trainers, 27 cars (and deleted the basic Trainer file) go multiclass, custom field size of 27 opponents or fewer.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Remco Hitman

Remco Hitman Member

Thanks a lot! But that's too much work:whistle:

Doesn't matter anyway, where the Advanced has tonnes of grip in the rain, the Basic has none whatsoever (as opposed to the Basic AI). So the whole point is moot:)