1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. jon lamb

jon lamb New Member

First and foremost to everyone who helps with these custom ffb files. thank you very much. they are awesome. i have tried a few of the files and 5.0.13 chip off the old block seems to fit me the most. but what im wondering is if anyone with a t300 wheel can help me with the minor details. im fairly new to sim racing and want to make sure im not screwing the whole feeling up. I'm running settings of 80/30/30/27/40. i do prefer a slightly stiff wheel but don't know if if setting the fx and low force correctly. any advice would help me a ton. thanks

2. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I tried the yaw tweak, and it felt very responsive and controlled no matter how bad I drove. Nice work Kuku and tUMI

• Like Like x 1
  3. Robbb74

Robbb74 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for this!! This really changed my CSL DD. Until now I did not think the CSL DD made a lot of a difference with my former T300-wheel.

I used the default+, but with these wheel settings, combined with the custom file, it really feels immersive!! Maybe the Kerbs might be tuned down a notch, but reaaly happy with this!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tiago Ribeiro

Tiago Ribeiro You must first finish AMS2 Club Member

Thank you @Kuku Maddog @Karsten Hvidberg @LE GAULOIS !! I think I finally got a configuration that suits me (Fanatec DD1), thanks to all of you. Well and Shadak, Panos, tUMi and everyone who contributed to the file :D
    • rFuktor 5.0.1.3 (w/ minor tweak by Kuku)
    • In game: Gain 65, LFB 0, FX 50, Damping 0, menu spring strength 0
    • Fanatec settings:
    SEN AUT
    FF 100
    LIN ON
    NDP 5
    NFR OFF
    NIN 1
    INT 1
    FEI 100
    FOR 100
    SPR 100
    DPR 100
    SHO 100​
    Tested in game with Porsche 911 GT3R @ Nürburgring Veedol. Car-specific FFB set to 85%, default set up otherwise.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Active Member

Good evening all,

I have factory reset my pc. My favourite custom file was version 31. If someone has it could they provide a link to it please? I use the thrustmaster ts- xw and this was always my favourite

Thanks in advance
    Baz

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jean-Yves Mercy

Jean-Yves Mercy Active Member AMS2 Club Member

here it is, on my TSPC I always come back to this file too.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Active Member

Brilliant thanks so much Jean

• Like Like x 1
  8. MobileSchikane

MobileSchikane New Member

Hello, can someone tell me if it is possible to integrate a lut into AMS2 for my thrustmaster ts-pc with wheelcheck?

9. TomP

TomP Active Member

@MobileSchikane You can't add LUT file like in AC/ACC but you could try scoop and tighten functions to modify wheel response curve:
    Code:
    (output (scoop output 0.84 0.19))
    (output (tighten output 0.11 0.01))
    Values are from internet for TS-PC and 60% strength (master gain) in Thrustmaster panel. Will it work for your wheel, can't tell.

Here you have 'default' custom file (the one generated by the game) with two extra lines.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  10. MobileSchikane

MobileSchikane New Member

Thank you! The driving experience is pretty good. It would be great if the loss of adhesion when braking would be better felt.

11. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I’ve been enjoying this variation to rfuktor 5.0.1 recently, has smoother but still pronounced scrub and tear and takes away most of the jagged tear on some cars and has proven quite beneficial on wet tracks too.
    also has recently tweaks to yaw feel

So thought i should share.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 10
  12. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Rapid test update 1.3.4.0 Physics drive train is difficult to recognize. Unfortunately not with motion either. Strong lateral forces when shifting with Motion. That's still the same. FFB slightly weakened in default and default+. A good solution for wheels up to 10Nm. From 10Nm it is better to use a custom ffb file. With an adapted custom file the best ever. A big thank you to Reiza for this opportunity

13. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I tried the DFT and the DFT+, and found the DFT+ to be quite useable with a suitable combination of slider settings, which is the key to getting the feel you want.
    I still prefer the Custom FFB, but the DFT+ is certainly useable for anyone.

14. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Unfortunately not for dd with high Nm. Default's is overprogrammed. Custom toned down for strong wheels

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Daniel Escalona

Daniel Escalona Member

Loving your file so far Kuku! so natural and refined... brilliant piece of work mate!!
    After some hours of testing, I've been wondering if:
    *Is it possible to make it a tad heavier on curves at high speed without upsetting the overall feeling of the file?
    *What if the 'jagged' feel comes a bit but only at heavy wheel slip/drift, when you can hear the tire squealing a lot? What do you think?:p
    *Does AMS2 FFB admits gear shifting feedback? if yes, do you know how to do it?

Thanks to you and everyone else implied in such great project! you guys rock!

Attached Files:

16. Kuku Maddog

Hi it’s really just a newer scrub version of my old favourite Alt scrub.

I think i know what you mean by jagged vibes coming later in tyre loading.
    that was something i was able to get with the alt scrub setup because it had the tear threshold much later ( 0.4) .
    but Karsten suggested that the tear should be felt pre scrub, so i’ve been trying to follow that implementation with the primary scrub based files.

You might like to lower hf static reduction to 0.10 as i’ve probably got it set at 0.12 because some of the f-usa cars can get a bit stiff at limit.

I feel like higher values of on/off throttle feel can give some gear shift sensations.
    thought i actually prefer not to feel it much as it cuts in to the steering feedback mid corner.

17. arminglf

arminglf New Member

Hi all,
    Just installed rFuktor 5.0.1.3 yesterday (first time trying a custom ffb), and found that in corners there is a LOT less resistance than the default ffb. Is this supposed to feel as close as possible to reality or is it merely to improve your lap times? (genuine question)
    I actually felt less immersed with this custom ffb.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Kuku Maddog

The settings you might be used to for default both in game and in wheel software, will differ quite a lot.
    there should be resistance even at low load and speed but should ramp up under load but. it to the point you can’t control the wheel. but should be enough to get a sweat on with some cars

19. Kuku Maddog

Is this better for you Daniel.
    Have switched around the scrub and tear.
    not sure there's much we can do for shifting effects apart from on/off throttle effects, but like I say I dont like the feedback cut mid turn if more prominent.
    but you can adjust to your liking.

Attached Files:

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  20. arminglf

arminglf New Member

Thanks mate! this is it!

• Like Like x 1