1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ICM Menu Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Steve Young, Mar 8, 2022.

1. Steve Young

Steve Young Active Member

I am having a prob with the new ICM menu. Can we get it to have a default state? after we use it can it go back to default position. Is there a file change we can find in an Xlm file?
    I will have to remap all my Voice control menus functions, But right now it never has a standard starting point. It seems to save last known position. Any easy fix for this. Thanks

2. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Apparently not currently according to CChief writer @mr_belowski
    it’s been discussed in the update thread in last day.Automobilista 2 V1.3.4.0 RELEASED!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2022
  3. Steve Young

Steve Young Active Member

Oh Thanks. I searched ICM menu, nothing came up. Appreciate it. Maybe we can get the option for the old ICM menu to be included? Thanks

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member

I had a play with it last night and it's going to be impossible to use macros to automate it. It's more than just having a way to get it to a known default state, the cursor wrapping and skipping disabled items (depending on the session rules) makes predictable navigation completely impossible. It's a small step forward for manual navigation and a huge step backwards for macros / automation :(

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. 50footELVIS

50footELVIS Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you for all the work and passion you've put into Crew Chief, Mr. Belowski. I hope the Devs in the department that handles apps, can look into bridging the coding in a future update for AMS2 for your great app.
    Cheers again! @mr_belowski

• Like Like x 1
  6. mr_belowski

Perhaps there could be a new game option for the ICM 'navigation mode'. It could be 'quick', which is the current behaviour, or a new mode which (for want of a better name) could be called 'full'.

In 'full' mode none of the ICM menu items wrap (vertically or horizontally) - if you keep pressing down you stay at the bottom, if you keep pressing left you stay at the left-most item in whatever selection you're on. The request-pit item might need some additional thought here because it's a toggle (maybe right toggles it on, left toggles it off?).

'Full' mode also prevents the cursor skipping disabled items - it can land on those items but (obviously) they can't be interacted with / changed. This mode also disables the saving of cursor position between menu uses - it always opens the menu at the top of page 1

• Like Like x 7
    • Creative Creative x 2
  7. ray64040

ray64040 Member AMS2 Club Member

As a bandaid you could leverage the simple ICM macros like "pit menu toggle", "pit menu up", "pit menu down", etc. and adjust the ICM auto close time.
    I have my arrow keys mapped to ICM navigation, to make it as easy as possible while driving.

8. Tiago Ribeiro

Tiago Ribeiro You must first finish AMS2 Club Member

That would be fantastic. Similar to how we have full and simple versions of the HUD.

On a separate note. I have friends who are not familiar with simracing and, when they first watched some of my racing videos, their first reaction was about how realistic the radio communication sounds. Well, that’s CC in a nutshell. Thank you @mr_belowski for your app, it brings the experience to a new level. Also, it must be something to own one of the most recognizable voices in simracing! :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

they could just add 1 or 2 indicators into the shared memory to let tools know where the cursor currently is.
    tbh i am not a fan of this macro type of thing anyways, they could just write a tiny API for developers to control the game through python, JS or whatever they like the most and than you could directly alter such parameters.

if u can create a handle to the game i can look up ICM cursor position data (page, position, objects per site) if u want for you or maybe even just how to directly modify them since u already have a handle might aswell write to the game

10. mr_belowski

While I'd rather have an actual API to interact with the game's pit menu, I think we need to be pragmatic about it - implementing and maintaining such a feature is probably way down the priority list, it's unlikely to happen.

Macros are always going to be clunky and fragile. Exposing the ICM state in shared memory would be nice, but having predictable navigation would be (just about) enough to get this working (even if.its a bit hacky). Reading game memory directly isn't something I want to be doing here, it's too coupled to the game version and way too easy for something to go wrong

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

Yep, they make it impossible because it remember where you left off in navigation. However, you can always program the macro to exit at a chosen default position after execution. To resolve the game default position at the start of a new race...I think setting up and assign a button to default to your default position before any macro is executed will work.

My problem is the out of order arrangement of the user created strategies that never got fixed. I was excited when they mentioned new ICM menu and thought they might fix it....but

12. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

i dont think i had to update anything since i released my tool, memory address-wise, and since u have an autoupdater, u could just push a file with the signatures to everyone and it would work again.
    but up to you ^^

13. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm gutted with this as a vr user, I've spent hours today trying to get it to work with voice attack but every time I enter the menu it's random so impossible to program (for me).

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Alice Cooper

Alice Cooper Member AMS2 Club Member

Its a bit of a disaster to be honest for VR users who like to use CrewChief/Voice attack and needs fixing!

15. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• is there a way to store tire pressures for Soft, Hard en Wet in a strategy or should I make separate strategies, one for each pressure setting ?
    • Weren't Indycars allowed to change wing-settings during a pit-stop, shouldn't that option be in the ICM and strategy settings? (Would also be nice for other cars in practise and test-days)

Last edited: Apr 23, 2022