1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.4.0 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 7, 2022.

1. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Honestly what I am most happy about in regards to this update, is that none of the cars I love that weren't listed in the changelog got borked in any way. I always worry when the bigger updates come out, but so far, sunshine and roses for me.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

3. kallenhard

kallenhard Member

4. codywar11

codywar11 New Member

I'm not sure where best to post this, so I will start here.
    Is there any plan to add session controls to private hosted multiplayer lobbies? Like the ability to skip practice, re-start practice, re-start races, ect. This one feature is the only reason my buddy and I have remained in AMS1 and rF2. When I host servers in those titles I am able to restart the race if the AI does something stupid on lap 1.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. kallenhard

kallenhard Member

When I first jumped into the A320 I was basically alt-tabbing from sim to my Google searches. I figure it's a good time to properly learn a 'bus' because X-Plane 12 is around the corner with their A330 and I have the Toliss A430 in my repertoire. I do prefer the manual nature of the classic 60s Boeings, but the A320 is an absolute joy to fly when you disable the A/P. I messed up my descent into KPHX yesterday, but still managed to just float in (after some questionable deceleration with the spoilers on descent).

• Like Like x 1
  6. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

It depends car to car, I think the Formula Classic G3M2 was the first non-Retro car with a removable airbox and I think the most detailed damage model overall is the Stock Car 1999/2019

7. CJRacing

CJRacing Member

Again with the “people like you” talk. I have never once complained about a delay, or complained about a particular promise not being fulfilled. This was my first time mentioning the lateness, but somehow you invented some boogeyman troll that must fit whatever profile you created in your mind.

We are now multiple months passed the last dev update. And then almost a week now passed since Renato said he just needed to sleep on the dev update and proofread it in the morning. I’m sure I could find the other Reiza posts and tweets promising similar. So I called a spade a spade, they are late.

I also said being late shouldn’t bring out the pitchforks for Reiza, but I should have known that posting anything that isn’t 100% cheering or excuse-making brings the pitchforks out for that poster instead. Talk about “negativity” and “toxic”, look at your responses to what was a relatively level headed criticism about the situation. Maybe you’ve just been on here too much and posting too much.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Comments like these are taken as "We want (whatever is the delay)" when all I really feel like you are saying is for Reiza to communicate differently. You don't see a chip maker wait until the scheduled release day to say "Sorry the chips aren't ready there has been a delay" they get ahead of it and manage expectations.

If you move to a new house and the internet/cable guy says he is going to be there somewhere between 10am and 12pm and never shows or phones to say he is running late are some of you still sitting on your couch at 5pm waiting for the guy to come... or are you calling the company?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

When you run a dedicated server for ams2 you can advance to next session,and restart race, but only the race, you can run the dedicated server from home if you want.

10. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

I keep track of updates to see if I need to update or revise set ups, etc. It's also nice to be excited for what's coming next. Honestly, though I just read this forum when I'm trying to figure what car/track combo to try next in AMS2 or when I know I am too tired to race but don't feel like going to bed next.

Driving makes me a better driver. Updates to me are like sprinkles on my ice cream. They're tasty but I'd still enjoy the ice cream if I didn't have any.

11. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

Special request: Please dedicate some time to optimize the graphics for VR...do whatever it need to increase the frame rate. Some tracks are being hit hard in fps than others...probably due to too many extra contents within the track. During rain....please switch off all AIs from turning on their headlights. I think that will save a ton of frame rates.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

nice request, but i think if AI's head lights are off, then there are immediatelly 10 ppl who complain or report that as bug?

13. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Or as an option…

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Wait, what!? I don't want the AI head lights off. That would be totally immersion breaking.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member

it tanks the performance in VR for little benefit (in VR at least). I'd like the option to limit the number of AI headlights (say, only 1 or 2 AI cars' headlights are actual light sources)

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

„Or as an option“ ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Here's a quick fix... don't race at night while being in a thunderstorm on high quality graphics. Turn the settings way down if you enjoy this crappy scenario when everyone slides off track.

Very few races happen in real life that way anyhow. You are trying to smoothly run the worse possible and most demanding graphical combination. I have the fastest GPU money can buy, and I don't even try to this this bad combination of weather/time since I know it will never run smoothly.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2022
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. Gazzawesty

Gazzawesty Skunkedup AMS2 Club Member

Well it doesn't look like Reiza are finding other solutions to the frame drops so limiting the headlights would be a decent work around to get the frames up in the meantime.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Anthony 123

Anthony 123 Active Member

Even with a high end gpu, you can't drive at night in the wet? I have an rtx 2080 and I can get decent night races in the wet by having few cars and turning settings down. It's not perfectly smooth, but not terrible. That's disheartening if even those with high end cards are struggling too

20. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

It's not so bad, you need to reduce a couple of settings that don't really impact the image quality that much. Basically reduce shadows, reflections, environment mapping, set track detail to high and turn off enhanced mirrors. With those settings I can race a full field on a rainy night, but FPS drop to around 50ish at the start of the race when the cars are packed together. After about a thrid of a lap when the AI have spread out a bit it's stable 60FPS all the way. Depends on the track as well. The Nürburgring is a good test for this, the Stadium section is very FPS intensive.

If I'm racing during moring/day/evening in the dry I can run the same race at stable 60FPS with all maximum settings (apart from shadows, they're on high). The same race at night with rain with max settings drops FPS at the start to around 40 and it takes about 1.5 laps to get back to stable 60FPS.

• Useful Useful x 1