1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. omegaman

omegaman New Member

In the time trial section you can see the time tables of the other drivers. You can filter for "car" or "class", which means same car, you have selected, or the class of your selected car. I miss an filter option "overall" to see the record lap time of all cars / classes.

2. BCRCGAMING

BCRCGAMING #1 AMS2 Streamer! BANNED

this has been said a few times so heres a reminder, its also been confirmed a very long time ago, alternative gear up and down buttons, this eliminates the horrible issue of not being able to swap control profiles once loaded into the track.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. omegaman

omegaman New Member

I think, there is also a bug in this section. Yesterday I drove some laps (Time Trial) at Bathurst with the BMW GT3, today i did the same with the McLaren GT3. Today I was some seconds faster. With the helmet-icon activated to see only my times, and the filter set on "Car", I saw this record. With the filter switched to "Class" I wanted to see both fastest lap times with McLaren AND the BMW, but the latter didn´t show up. I switched my chosen car to BMW, but still only the better laptime with the McLaren was shown.
    Can anyone confirm this bug? I know, this is the wrong forum, but I have to look, where I can report that bug.

4. BCRCGAMING

BCRCGAMING #1 AMS2 Streamer! BANNED

Pretty simple one this time. Support for Thrustmaster TGT...been an issue since release, should be as easy as the t500 etc

5. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Since this is present in PC2 it's probably not a bug but can we please have the following settings separated between VR and non-VR?

Detailed Grass
    Particle Level
    Particle Density

All other graphic settings are already separate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. jmac_the_man

jmac_the_man Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Did they ever say one way or the other if the plan was to implement Full Course Yellows on road courses too, or if that was only an oval racing thing?

I understand why having FCY for ovals is a much more important part of getting ovals to be fun and play correctly in the video game than it is for road courses. (I got the PC2 achievement for doing the full length Indy 500, which of course is held on an oval track in a game without FCYs, so I understand how lame it is.)

But the major American series (NASCAR, IndyCar, and IMSA) all have the rule that they can't deploy safety workers to anywhere, even the runoff areas on road courses, under green flag conditions. This affects the strategy of when to make your final pit stop as the race draws to a close. (If the other guy already made his final stop, and you did not, you'll be restarting behind him if a yellow comes out.)

7. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

8. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So much open wheelers now! Could you please add some head movement in replays of tv cams?
    Some leaning into the corner, some nodding while breaking, some shaking, some looking to apex, ...
    Thanks

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Two improvements for multiplayer:

1) In multiplayer please make it so that it remembers my LOBBY NAME. I play with friends and every single time I use the same lobby name and every single time I have to set it. Its frustrating with your VR headset on to go and type this.

2) Qualifying default settings.
    Why is the qualy default start time 00:00?
    Why is the qualy default duration 24 hours?
    I suggest they would be smth reasonable like start at 14:00 and duration 10 minutes. Even better if the game remembered my last duration when I turned the qualy on and off. We 90% of the time use 5 minutes, but others might not.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Agreed
    I hope when the Page 1 of priorities of Devs work becomes less they may implement.

From Last year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Please finally have a look at the replay cameras. On several tracks, they still show trees and buildings instead of the cars on track.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. codywar11

codywar11 New Member

Based on Game Build: 1.3.4.0
    Request Title: Ability to manipulate sessions in private hosted online lobbies
    Description: When hosting a private hosted multiplayer lobby, have the ability to skip any session, or restart any session.
    Benefits: I often set practice time to 45 minutes when my buddy and I pick a track we don't know to race against the AI. In AMS1 we could skip practice if we only ended up needing 20 or so minutes to get comfortable. Also, if the AI does something dumb on lap 1, having the ability to restart the race instead of close the lobby, and restart the whole thing would be a game changer. This feature not existing is the sole reason my buddy and I have not switched over from AM1 and rF2 for our private racing against the AI.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

That's what I wanted them to add for a long time. The "FAVORITES" option like in Pcars2.

15. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

The "Season Tool" in AMS 1 offered the option to freely choose how many points the drivers earn for certain positions. Would be a nice addition for AMS 2.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. ozcanuck

ozcanuck Active Member

How about being able to save custom grids ( ie GT3/4/5 or P1/2 etc.)? This is great feature in RaceRoom, my main reason for playing it. I have a good IMSA enduro and VLN grids all ready to go. Time saver.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

wrong thread

18. Selcuk Koc

Selcuk Koc New Member

Pretty new here and to the game. What bugged me so far is that the AI is driving like a pearl necklace perfectly behind each other. Would be great if they at least move 10cm left and right behind each other.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Anthony 123

Anthony 123 Active Member

Sadly the ai is pretty bad still

20. John Manetti

John Manetti Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I was part of WMD on pcars 1/2. The real problem the IA is simulation. The player drives on a very advanced tire model, called "SETA", that simulates
    elastic properties based on heat, and simulation of heat transfer between the various components the surface - tread - air and rim; it is based on a model with a resolution of 128 surface contact points, which requires a lot of hardware resources to operate the entire pneumatic model. This prevented the AI from using the same tire model as the player, as it would require huge hardware for AI computation. So here is all these discords and differences explained.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1