1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Information for Customizing AI drivers in AMS2 V1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by gian, Nov 19, 2021.

1. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You've got all the driver attributes with commas instead of decimal points, which may cause it a problem.

eg. <race_skill>0,9</race_skill>

probably should be <race_skill>0.9</race_skill>

I'd try globally replacing all the commas and see if it helps.

Also, are you using the default liveries for the V8s or custom ones?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Have you tried to set opponent's number to 19, as you drive one of the 20 cars?

3. Tinico

Tinico New Member

Hi Thanks for your answers, I just found out that the issue is with the liveries named "Mobius Autosports", it certainly means that there is some issues with the ¨ character in Möbius.

I changed the livery and it works fine now ! :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tinico

Tinico New Member

One more thing, I just want to watch some AI race and I want to find a great attribute mix to make the race enjoyable to watch with many overtakes and car bumps (without the race being a complete mess either).

Which values should I give to general Opponent skill level & agression and specific driver attributes to achieve this ?
    I tried to put "0.8" or "0.9" to each attribute but the AI cars tends to be on a single line during the whole race.

5. Harry H

Harry H Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks! I'll take a look at the Mobius livery names and correct them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

I also had problems with my Custom AI, when there were letters like "ä" within the team name.
    For instance, I had a team called "Jägermeister Racing" and the file did not work then, driver name did not show up in race. Changed it to "Jaegermeister" and everything was fine.

Edit: But such letters are accepted by game within driver names, so "Häkkinen" would be ok.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Harry H

Harry H Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I've added umlauts to the Mobius Super V8 liveries. No time to test right now.

8. Romeo Foxtrot

Romeo Foxtrot Active Member AMS2 Club Member

They've also changed the 2021 Stock Cars. Rossi has moved from Cruze to Corolla (correctly) and FTS has been renamed to Full Time Sports (Suzuki, Kanaan, Barrichello, Rossi).

Mobius is still OK in the ARC Camaro - for the time being.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Can't help but feel it would have been preferable that something as simple and consistent as a car ID rather than skin name that determined which car each AI driver was assigned to.

• Like Like x 3
  10. spikerjack

spikerjack Member

In my opinion, AMS2 has all it takes to become the next GP4. The AI is the best I’ve driven since the old (not the actual) rF2. It just lacks three main features: 1) defending more aggressively the inside on the straights; 2) a bit more bravery in overtaking other cpu and player’s car; 3) a bit more field spreading through the race. It they fix that they’ll be unrivaled for ages (maybe even considering AC3, kunos’ AI is atrocious). Awesome work and looking forward for the future.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. macbtz

macbtz Member

Try Iracing's AI, right now it's the best I've ever seen. Someone who plays this since GP1 tells you. And I have them all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. spikerjack

spikerjack Member

I've seen it but it's too expensive for me. What really annoys me is we had better AI in GP2 than ACC and GP2 was made in 1996!

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Steve Isaacs

Steve Isaacs New Member

This is fantastic and obviously took considerable effort to create this tool. Thank you!

Just using the random values has spread the field and reduced the trains.

btw: For the driver names I simply summed all the attributes which gave me a total. This allows me to judge relative skill when approaching an AI car because it's rating is displayed as its name.

14. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

I have a problem with a Custom file.
    Wanted to have real driver names instead of the default ones in the classic Stock Car classes (79,86,99), so I customized the files.
    Everything works fine, except for the Opala86.xml. Here, the game has a problem with car number 17.
    Ingame, team name is called "Ingo Hoffman #17", so I created the line
    <driver livery_name="Ingo Hoffman #17">
    for this car in my custom file and then edited all the other values (name, country and so on).

But ingame, this driver still has one of the default names, all other work. Checked my file several times, but can not find a syntax error or typo as far as I can see (maybe I am getting blind).

The whole entry for this car looks like this:

<driver livery_name="Ingo Hoffman #17">
    <name>Ingo Hoffmann</name>
    <country>BRA</country>
    <race_skill>0.97</race_skill>
    <qualifying_skill>0.97</qualifying_skill>
    <aggression>0.95</aggression>
    <defending>0.95</defending>
    <stamina>0.95</stamina>
    <consistency>0.945</consistency>
    <start_reactions>0.915</start_reactions>
    <wet_skill>0.925</wet_skill>
    <tyre_management>0.935</tyre_management>
    <blue_flag_conceding>1.0</blue_flag_conceding>
    <weather_tyre_changes>1.0</weather_tyre_changes>

Am I doing something wrong?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2022
  15. Romeo Foxtrot

There's a space after the 17 in the driver livery name.
    "Ingo Hoffman #17 "

• Like Like x 1
  16. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot, Mr. Foxtrot, that's it.:)
    Question: How do you know that, as the space after the " is not visible in game and the other cars of the car class all work without?

17. Romeo Foxtrot

I mentioned it earlier in the the thread. I tried double spaces, no-break spaces (Alt + 0160) and finally, in a fit of pique, I added spaces on the end just to prove it wouldn't work - but it did!

There are two others in the game with a trailing space, the P1 AJR Chevy #5 and the Copa Fusca #888.

• Like Like x 1
  18. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Ah, ok, the try and error thing. :whistle:

Within the 1986 Opalas, there is one car which has a double space before the number. "Marcos Gracia #67", all the others just have a single space there.

19. Romeo Foxtrot

Yes, there's also a double space in the F301, #46. All the correct livery names were found for the Custom AI spreadsheet then we got some minor changes with the last update.

I'm attaching a text file with comma delimited values listing all the livery_names I have so far so that you don't have to use a spreadsheet. The columns are Class, Chassis, ID, Livery_name and the livery_name again with the spaces shown as underscores (to make it easier to see the trailing spaces.

You might find it helpful at some point.

Attached Files:

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Apex

Apex Active Member

I've been away from AMS for a while, but the Custom AI caught my attention. It has great potential to really take the game to a new level, if one invests a little time testing and tweaking one's own custom grids. It seems to work better when the differences between the individual drivers are quite dramatic.

Anyway, here's my take on the F-Vintage2 (16 cars), F-Retro1 (24 cars) and F-Retro2 (18 cars) classes (I'm a sucker for the '70s).

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2