1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Gear Shifting Feedback? Yes, but there are unwanted side effects

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. AndysonofBob

AndysonofBob New Member

Soz for this noob question.
    Which file is best for g29? Or are these mainly geared for DD or high quality belt wheels?
    I tried searching g29 but it wouldn't let me.
    Thanks!

3. Danielkart

I would clearly go to default or default+ . Your wheel is too weak for the Custom file

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  4. Benzaah

Benzaah Member

You are using a DD1/2 so have you used a G29 recently to confirm this?

You clearly seem to think you know everything but im Sorry mate, there are plenty of G29 users(me included) who are using the custom files to great effect. FYI i just spent the last hour testing some files to recommend to old mate Andy as the default+ file feels like a rubber banded wheel and the custom files are much better.

Also FYI Stakanov and Peter Stefani contribute a lot to the development of the custom files but clearly your opinion is they are wasting their time? LMAO

And would you look at that, There's even a line in the rack settings for low end wheel bases that i think helps a ton..

# Rack setting
    (tighten_range 0.3)0.0 #Use for lower end wheel bases.
    (tighten_falloff 0.3)0.0 #Use for lower end wheel bases.

Hey Mate, no such thing about being sorry and asking a noob question. Ive attached one of the earlier files Kuku and tUMi were working on that's really good. And another from a few weeks ago that I really like and has a couple of my personal tweaks.

Ive just tested both of these back to back with the default+ file and much prefer these. Use in game force feedback at 100% and the following settings in the FFB menu.
    Gain 60
    Low force boost 30
    FX 30
    Damping 40

You can add a touch more FX if your base is new but the older the base the more the rattle when you crank up the FX. Good luck, Benzaah

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Gazzawesty

Gazzawesty Skunkedup AMS2 Club Member

I use a file from here with my g27... I'm not sure which it is but it is miles better than the rubber band defaults. These files do work well with low wheels. Thanks for the work you guys do to make them .

• Like Like x 1
  6. TomP

TomP Active Member

A few pages back I posted my latest file for g29. I have been developing/using it from the beginning of Early Access. Much better than the default profile. No clipping, no dead-zone and better balance of forces.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Danielkart

Unbelievable how aggressive some people react. I was just saying my opinion and my experience.
    Stakanov, Stefani and Kuku know what they're doing, unfortunately you don't. Yes, i had a g27 and a t500rs for a long time, and you?? I also know how a real fast car behaves (Audi R8, Porsche 911 gt3, Corvette Z06) street version, and you?? Also you didn't notice that default and default+ have changed since the Update.
    Boy, get me some facts before you try to be Einstein next time .

• Like Like x 1
  8. AndysonofBob

AndysonofBob New Member

Brilliant!
    Really appreciate the help and the files

Can't wait to try it.

Thanks for sharing!

9. AndysonofBob

AndysonofBob New Member

@TomP
    What ingame settings do you use for your custom file?

@Benzaah suggested for the two he linked. Do you think these will also work well for yours?
    Gain 60
    Low force boost 30
    FX 30
    Damping 40

Thanks

10. TomP

TomP Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  11. AndysonofBob

AndysonofBob New Member

Just had a looksee in your file.
    Says it all in there too.
    # NAME: Logitech G29 Custom FFB 1.3.3.1 (100/20/85/0)

EDIT
    That website is pretty thorough! Loads of individual settings for cars.
    Love it!

12. Benzaah

Benzaah Member

I was trying to be a smart ass and get a response. WA LAA

13. Danielkart

Hey Kuku
    Maybe you have time to test something? Rewrite these lines in the file, in front of momentum rack.

(grip_l (max 0 (- grip_fl (* front_grip_loss_feel (-1 grip_fl)))))
    (grip_r (max 0 (- grip_fr (* front_grip_loss_feel (-1 grip_fr)))))

And at the rack settings write :

(front_grip_loss_feel 0.3)

Now compare the front axle .
    Beautiful day

• Creative Creative x 1
  14. Daniel Escalona

Daniel Escalona Member

Wow mate, thanks a lot!! gonna test this asap!!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Hi Daniel

I can see the theory , but havent been able to make it work, would need to see a working example with the 5.0.1 base file.

all the ways I could think to add it in all resulted in not being possible to drive straight line issue, with wheel wanting to swing left or right.

16. Danielkart

That is very odd. It only seems to work for me. I also sent the file to other people, but all had the same Problem. It's so good because it connects the front axle to the steering. Too bad it doesn't work. I have no idea why this only works for me

17. Kuku Maddog

Interesting, without seeing a complete working file, it’s impossible to pin point why it doesn’t react the same way.

18. Danielkart

Ich glaube auch nicht, dass es bei dir funktionieren WIRD

Last edited: Mar 13, 2022
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. Kuku Maddog

yes it still acts like its got inverted self alignment with the new code. I cant see anything obvious that would fix that, and its truly bizarre that it doesn't do it for you.

But with that extra code disabled the file feels pretty good , and I have had fun analyzing some of your values.
    Using my tune as a reference , then adding in some of your values has been enlightening, its always great to see what others come up with and how it can beneficial or detrimental .
    either way your learn more .

This center set up works very well
    (lfb_slider_strength 1.0)
    (center_full (blend (min 1 (* lfb_slider 2)) 0.01 0.01))

and after some time to get used to the different back end feel, and retrain the brain ;), I have come to like the disabled Yaw scale.
    It doesn't seem to adversely effect anything and feels more realistic when used with other small adaptions like higher oversteer and understeer scale and also slightly reduce spring steer strength.

I have settled on this configuration for my personal use tune which I will post below.
    I think this will be a long term stable tune for me.

The main difference to the way I run the file is I make use of the Damper slider to add holding resistance and friction which helps with balance control and reduces the overcorrection and overbalance moments getting away if the wheel moves too freely, but that can come down to personal taste and driving style and also individual car behavior.

but thank you for sharing what you have been working on, its been constructive even if there's something not working as hoped.
    :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Danielkart

Yes, it' s a shame it doesn't work. This change is very many new possibilites. I was able to improve a lot with it. To feel the front axle and thus the understeer. Slip feeling, road feeling, slide factor, i was able to customize everything with this change. The file I sent you is still without these new changes. I'm sorry for you that it doesn't work. I enjoy this incredibly real ffb , and wish you the best of luck on your journey

• Friendly Friendly x 1