1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2 at Gamology

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Jugulador, Mar 13, 2022.

1. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

It's one of my favorite YT channels because they invite people that knows about the subject to talk about (real veterans to talk about shooters, medics to talk about injuries ingame, experienced pro martial artists to talk about fighting games and things like that) and usually uses other youtubers footage (that's what they did here). But, usually, they stick with mainstream games.

So, I saw the title and believed that the "most realistic racing simulator" would be the brand new GT7 or something like that, but couldn't believe that it was AMS2.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Having played all the Gran Turismo...I personally would never think it would ever be the "most realistic" physics wise...maybe graphics and detail.

The video would be really great if the pro drove the game and game and gave feedback, as opposed to giving feedback from what he's seeing from a random gamer driving.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 4
  3. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Active Member

"this car has phenomenal abs" referring to a 911 GTE

oh dear

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

In some of the videos the guest plays the game, like a series of Sniper Elite 4 played by a US military (don't remember the branch) sniper that operated at Iraq and Afghanistan. But really would be better if he played it.

GT is not near what I call an example of realism (even if the series, from GT5 forward, is very cohesive in how it drives), but don't forget that it's a mainstream channel and their standards are pretty low.

I didn't realized it's the GTE 911... though it was the Porsche Cup car (that I believe that had no ABS).

At least his comments were pretty decent overall.

5. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Does this wannaby driver wear a wig? :D

wig or what.jpg

6. lawgicau

lawgicau Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Happy for AMS2 to get some publicity ob a big channel but the fact he doesn't drive himself (or even know how to pronounce the name) undermines the whole thing for me.