1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Random Fuel Allocation with Default Setup

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by legionary, Mar 9, 2022.

1. legionary

legionary New Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm organising a league race using P3 cars at Ibarra using the default setup only. There seems to be some weird behaviour going on with the fuel. For a 45min race, the Roco needs around 55ish litres of fuel. Despite this, I've seen the car being given 57, 49 and sometimes 30 at the start of the race.

I've tried altering whether pitstop refueling is allowed and a bunch of other settings but this problem persists.

Fuel for the Duratec turbo seems fine. I haven't had time to test the third car in this class yet.

Any ideas?

2. ramsay

ramsay Active Member

The Roco previously has had issues with the sim miscalculating the fuel usage with custom and default and it seems this is still an issue. At least with custom you can add double the fuel as i don't trust the fuel calculator in game for this car. Tried a race with default online with latest patch and the fuel wasn't sufficient to finish the race. Added to this when i pitted it would not allow fuel to be put in so quit and vowed never to race the Roco with default setup as it's not adjustable and is bugged.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2022
  3. Tiago Ribeiro

Tiago Ribeiro You must first finish AMS2 Club Member

Same happened to me and the Roco a few months ago. I had 1 extra lap of fuel based on the setup’s estimate but I ran out of fuel with a few laps still left.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

the fuel prediction is a bit flawed, there is basically a default value that comes with each car, prolly like an estimate, which usually is off the real fuel usage per lap.
    once u start driving proper laps that value gets averaged out the the proper value and then the calculation is more accurate.

problem being that most of the activities you do have an impact on that average, so if u drive slowly for a while (or just rolling) u will alter your average in the game thinking u have alot less usage per lap
    also idleing the car will change (increase) your fuelusage per lap.

so chances are the rocos default value is just so far off the real deal that u'd need todo a few laps before it averages out probably, hence why u might see different values at different stages
    i never looked into that but did notice it giving out vastly wrong prediction at times with various cars

• Like Like x 1
  5. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

There are other fuel map options besides rich as well.

6. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

that just limits how much max throttle u can give, highly doubt thats what they actually mean with fuel map in reallife, id assume its a different fuel map across the board instead of just limiting how much pedal u can give

correction, it does seem like it scales, it essentially works like u decrease the maxrange but ur pedal still operates from 0-100%, so on a leaner 'mixture' 50% throttle will result in e.g. 40% throttle ingame and cap out below 100% if 100% pedal is applied.

in the end the person driving will just adapt to the new pedal behavior and apply more throttle in the same corner (assuming its a non 100% throttle corner)

anyhow i have never found the mixture to be much useful, if i am trying to fuelsave i just do it myself in a controlled manner

Last edited: Mar 12, 2022
  7. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep, i think

Last edited: Mar 13, 2022
  8. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias Active Member

I wish I had read this thread earlier...
    Unpleasant experience doing a 30min + 1lap race on Velo Citta with the P2 Duratec. Fuel for 30 laps wasn't enough, with 3min to the end of the race, it was necessary to go to the pit to refuel and simply didn't refuel for 2 attempts. Abandoned race without fuel. Frustrating :(