A.i blue flag awareness

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by maxspeed, Dec 18, 2016.

1. maxspeed

maxspeed New Member AMS2 Club Member

Is this something that reiza's plans to develop for ams because I do most of my driving with the A.I (which are very good ) but when it comes to running longer races the backmarkers:mad: get into way of the leaders and in most cases change the outcome of the race because the leaders have such a hard time getting around these slower cars .....this should be (priority number 1) if there is any interest on reiza part to fix this ..it would be a big game changer for me.I did vote for A.I improvement in the poll that was run awhile ago .Heres hoping reiza follows through and takes the A.I to the next level...:hurrayreiza:

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Philip00

Philip00 Member

Hi!

It's my problem too, and i think we definitely need AI blue flag awarness to play cool offline games,

In Rfactor there were an alternative way to fix this (Not 100%):

rFactor AI improvement 1.21 by JR | rFactor Addons | rFactor Central

With this lapped car got mass penalty in this way the AI much easely overtake them, so it also be better if somebody convert this program to AMS.

On the other hand I hope REIZA will fix this to give us good offline experiment.

I also open a thread about this: AI Bule flag(and behaviour)

Let's keep this thread alive ( i mean yours :) )

Best Regards,

Philip

• Like Like x 2
  3. maxspeed

I have been looking for a response from reiza on this matter...will there be a.i improvements (a.i blue flag awareness) in ams .This game suffers badly from this problem(lappers in the way of leaders)is there enough time to develop the change in code before you move on to the next game..:D any response would be much appreciated

• Like Like x 2
  4. Pieter Nienhuis

Pieter Nienhuis Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Renato said: We´l also continue to push towards improving AI behavior, rectify a few old issues and add a few new variants to get them to behave more realistically and provide a stiffer but fair challenge.

5. Philip00

Philip00 Member

Yesterday 1.20 has been released but i didn't see that this prolem has mentioned in the change log. :((((

We need to find somebody who convert this plugin im pretty sure it's possible

6. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

How about a little patience, Reiza can't improve the AI over night and the poll was very recent. Give them time and the AI will get better :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Rodent

Rodent Member AMS2 Club Member

It's one of those fields that will contribute to Reiza 17 as well so I'd honestly expect them to tinker with it right up till the final patch of AMS, but as said above, give'em time. The poll was recent but the message was loud and clear it's what the playerbase wants from AMS and no doubt Reiza 17.

Then again if it was one thing I learned as a Ferrari fan in 2016 it's that blue flags are serious business, HONESTLY!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

All 300 of them :), this forum has 2,962 members
    (EDIT: Probably not all members have access to Reiza51,)

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  9. Rodent

Eh, the forum is free to sign up to.

Edit: But yeah fair point I guess, it's what the voting playerbase wanted, still it's our only available metric and outside of iRacing the sims are raced mostly offline so it's not exactly a surprising result.

10. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The poll was in Reiza51 forum,

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. Rodent

So it's what the paying forum users voted for, it's still the most viable metric we have as to what the playerbase wants. Limiting the data to what users that spend money probably isn't a bad idea either.

12. Philip00

Philip00 Member

I think it's a common problem (as the votes shows us) and i think if Reiza not fix this we need to find somebody who can convert that plugin whicch could be an alternative solution.

13. maxspeed

Hello reiza ? ........anybody from reiza going to respond to this ? or is this ( lets not speak ) about big gaping holes in this game! or is it the fact your to busy throwing more cars/tracks at us to fix the real problems in this game. sorry for the angry post its just something that needs to be addressed or ams will always be a driving sim not racing sim.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  14. Rodent

"We´l also continue to push towards improving AI behavior, rectify a few old issues and add a few new variants to get them to behave more realistically and provide a stiffer but fair challenge."

Renato posted that not one week ago, I think it's reasonable to expect improved AI will take longer then 4-5 working days.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. maxspeed

Not looking for an instant fix .This is not a comment on the current state of the game(1.20)....more on where the a.i is going for the future (2or3 months) asking reiza for a simple response on this topic(a.i blue flag awareness) and are they planning to fix this problem is not to much to ask I think!

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. maxspeed

This is not the first time reiza fails at answering the hard questions regarding the A.I .
    Racing in ams is like reading a really good book and your excited to find out what happens at the end .... only to find the last 10 pages were torn out....:confused:o_O

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  17. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

cmon guys they said theres a multitude of AI areas to look at this year. its the 7th of jan for crying out loud!

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

AI needs improvements in qualifying too. AI shouldn't leave the pits the exact moment I'm starting my flying lap and block me on the first turn, also AI on their outlap should stay off the racing line and out of the way of cars on their flying lap.
    A few issues aside my experience against AI in AMS has been good, once you figure out the appropriate difficulty level for the car/track being used it can be really fun racing against them.