1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2: The ‘Not-a-Priority Things to Fix’ List

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by GregzVR, Apr 2, 2020.

Tags:
  1. jonathon

jonathon Linuxer

It would also be nice to see the maximum speed shown alongside the gear ratios so we don't need to calculate it manually... ss.png

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Kuerva

Kuerva New Member

The final gear ratio depend of downforce, the gears are adjusted according to the top speed in last gear on longest straight of the circuit and according to some curves, directly related to the adjustments that influence in the downforce like front/rear wings and air resistance as the opening of the radiators or brake air intakes.
    In my case I prefer to adjust the gears on the track than calculate anything.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

1. Buttons assignment for fuel map and change the scale from 1 to 10.
    In the same category, for example GT3, there are cars with a fuel map and others that do not, in addition, you cannot assign buttons to change it in the race, only in car management, the same as in previous versions with TC and ABS and you solved it. The values are in decimals, from 0.9 to 1.0.

This will happen in due time, after more serious issues are dealt with, including attempts to improve the ICM experience itself.

2. Disable or remove anti-roll bar adjustment from the car management if you do not have that possibility in the real car.
    Most cars do not have anti-roll bar adjustment from the car in the real car, those are mechanical adjustments and you can change it in car management from the car, that's not realistic.

Already in progress...delayed due to resolving much more serious physics issues and bugs. In the meantime, no one is forced to use this in-car setting if they want to play "realistically." Same applies to automatic pit limiters that most cars don't have in real life.

3. Gear ratio adjustment range.
    At least in GTE, GT3 cars and I suppose in more, you have no margin for adjusting the gear ratio, that is, if you one click down or up any gear, the gear overlaps with the previous or next one. If by category regulations it is not possible to change them, then disable the option in the setup and if it is possible in real car and regulations, correct the parameters.

All cars should have realistic gear ratios according to the real car/real series they are replicating. Please provide specific details if there is a car(s) that are incorrect.

In some cases, the adjustments in the UI are still a bit clunky, or there are adjustments where there shouldn't be. Again, delay in polishing these details due to much more important physics improvements and bug squashing.

4. Default value of steering lock in setup.
    Most cars have a default value of 20° in the steering lock, in addition to that it is not realistic, when new potential users try AMS2 the steering feel is very sensitive compared to other sims and they give bad feedback and comments. A value of 16° would be much more accurate depending on the car.

5. Show the steering wheel lock radius in the car description.
    Depending of type of car, the steering wheel lock radius is different, 400°, 540°, 720°, 900°, etc. if it is not possible for AMS2 to change the steering wheel lock parameter from app/driver automatically like iRacing, rFactor 2 or Assetto Corsa with CSP, then at least show the parameter in the description to adjust it manually from the steering wheel app/driver if user want.

All cars have auto-adjusting and realistic steering ranges here...perhaps because I have hardware that supports auto-adjustment. Works exactly as it does in iRacing, rF2, AMS (1), etc.

6. (Optional) Default camera value of legacy head movement YES and head movement 20.
    Many new users complain that the car bounces a lot, but that feeling is due to the default camera settings, if default value is legacy mode which is what most are used to from other simulators, many people will stop criticizing the game in that aspect.

There were many complaints in the past about this. The defaults were changed already and the complaints largely disappeared. Not sure there is any need to change the defaults again when anyone can use whatever setting they want with a few clicks.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Start/Finish + PitLane is looking boring and bleak at race weekend.
    Why no some tents, conning tower, peoples....
    ss132707.jpg
    For a bit more action and real feel
    grand-prix-f1-angleterre-b.jpg gettyimages-526747450-1024x1024.jpg

• Agree Agree x 8
  5. Marg

Marg Active Member

I have noticed that standings after race finish are quite not that "accurate", I mean gaps\numbers are too rounded, +0,880, even +12,600, thousandths (or even hundrendths) of a second definitely are not used?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Kuerva

Kuerva New Member

3. Gear ratio adjustment range.

At least in GTE, GT3 cars and I suppose in more, you have no margin for adjusting the gear ratio, that is, if you one click down or up any gear, the gear overlaps with the previous or next one. If by category regulations it is not possible to change them, then disable the option in the setup and if it is possible in real car and regulations, correct the parameters.

All cars should have realistic gear ratios according to the real car/real series they are replicating. Please provide specific details if there is a car(s) that are incorrect.

Porsche GTE, has no margin of adjustment. (look attached image)
    All GT3, I think that by regulation the gear ratio is fixed, but I don't know for sure, in that case disable the gear ratio adjustment.

5. Show the steering wheel lock radius in the car description.

Depending of type of car, the steering wheel lock radius is different, 400°, 540°, 720°, 900°, etc. if it is not possible for AMS2 to change the steering wheel lock parameter from app/driver automatically like iRacing, rFactor 2 or Assetto Corsa with CSP, then at least show the parameter in the description to adjust it manually from the steering wheel app/driver if user want.

All cars have auto-adjusting and realistic steering ranges here...perhaps because I have hardware that supports auto-adjustment. Works exactly as it does in iRacing, rF2, AMS (1), etc.

If I set my steering wheel (in my case T300) to 900º in the windows application and in AMS2, I choose a car and the virtual steering wheel locks at 540º realistically, but my real steering wheel keeps locking at 900º.
    In rF2 or AC with CSP with the experimental option activated, it automatically sync the real steering wheel lock with the virtual one, that is, even with the steering wheel set at 900º, it synchronizes the real steering wheel lock at 540º just like the virtual one. (look attached image)
    It does not influence in the experience or the simulation, it is a small detail that is not necessary, but at least put the steering lock radius in the description of each car.

6. (Optional) Default camera value of legacy head movement YES and head movement 20.

Many new users complain that the car bounces a lot, but that feeling is due to the default camera settings, if default value is legacy mode which is what most are used to from other simulators, many people will stop criticizing the game in that aspect.

There were many complaints in the past about this. The defaults were changed already and the complaints largely disappeared. Not sure there is any need to change the defaults again when anyone can use whatever setting they want with a few clicks.

Ok, so at least put a clearer title, Horizon lock YES or NO instead of Legacy mode, and It is also confusing, in legacy mode NO (default value), a value 0 in head movement is not to filter any bumps, that is, it bounces more instead of less.

Thanks for the answers, I understand that there is still something more important than the details.
    Keep it up Reiza!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I agree the head movement and camera UI labels could be more descriptive...it isn't clear to a new user what most of it means.

Not sure if other T300 users get auto-steering lock, but haven't heard complaints about it. With Fanatec, you have to set the wheel (in Windows or on the wheel itself) to an "auto" rotate setting so it takes its cue from the game. Does your wheel have something like that? Is it only the animation in the cockpit that is not co-ordinated, or does the actual steering rotation not change from vehicle to vehicle? Karts are a good one to check this with, since they have such a small rotation.

As I mentioned, the settings available in the UI sometimes follow the physics updates and changes in the game. For example, differential settings are slowly being reduced to their realistic levels, but in the short-term, because all this is still WIP, some settings remain exposed to the user in case the defaults are not yet fully optimized. Same goes for many other settings. Reiza does not want to cut-off the ability to adjust something before they are sure their own settings and modelling are working properly. A good policy, I think, when there are so many moving parts.

8. RDG

RDG Active Member

On the topic of legacy mode: it's missing from the settings in VR mode for some reason, no idea why.

The bouncing also isn't from camera settings. You can clearly see the bouncing from the replays using trackside cameras. I'm fairly convinced Reiza either already knows what the issue is, or will come out at some point stating they found a bug in the physics.

I should do a MoTeC session to find out what causes the bouncing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. aboe_83

aboe_83 ABOE AMS2 Club Member

^ Hello Mr Morris, love your work...

moving on...

Sorry if these have been mentioned already:

Multiplayer Ghosts: currently the ghosting is only apparent once very close to the car in front, leading to locked up brakes and ruined lap times in Quali. Perhaps if there could be a 'fix' to the gradating feature whereby the car(s) in front starts to ghost from a FURTHER distance and ghosts more and more the closer you get to it?

Race Finish: instead of the empty 'Gap' section for the leader come race end, perhaps a total race time could be inserted? The gaps to the leader's time woud then follow, as they do currently. Have noticed the total time is already showing... so ignore this one lol

Race Ready Input: I've seen one or two messages posted on unofficial group pages about this being set to off but there being no warning, leading to under-fuelled cars from the session before, and sometimes even players popping off to the WC during the otherwise 2 mins of pre-race prep time they're expecting. So, to end all confusion, perhaps an extension to the Race Info section in the session settings page which includes this info, to prepare racers suitably.

ICM use with Logitech G29's Dial Button: currently, one 'click' to either the left or the right on the actual dial registers as two inputs, or clicks, making it difficult to choose options in the ICM menu. You have to rotate it quite fast and hope that it registered as an odd number of clicks to get to the next/previous screen. Given, a workaround is to use keyboard buttons for this, or to assign those navigators to other steering wheel buttons, but it seems that this is the kind of thing the dial was intended for, so it ought to register correctly.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Faranhor

Faranhor New Member

I thought I was the only one with this "multiple input issue" on the G29, glad to see it's not only my hardware.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. I Drive Demons

I Drive Demons Member

Meant to post this in the video post not here there is no bug. Please delete.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  12. José Llamas

José Llamas Member

Glance speed is important for me. In some cars is fast enough but not for others. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

MIRROR ADJUSTMENT!

• Agree Agree x 6
  14. trillbo

trillbo New Member AMS2 Club Member

A small fix I would love to see:

In VR I play with HUD off. However, this also removes messages for brake balance / anti-roll bar adjustments. It would be great to have the option to show these messages even with the HUD turned off!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Thebreach46

Thebreach46 New Member

Road America, braking marker before Canada corner (T12).

Could Reiza send a landscaping team to trim the tree that partially block the 400 board :p?
    It is still viewable but when closing in at 250+ km/h with other cars around it can be hard to spot!

ss190924.jpg
    ss190754.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. GregzVR

Watching the F-USA Gen1 cars in replays and wished there was a classic right side of the cockpit onboard camera, like we saw on Indycars in the 80s/90s.

in fact it would be cool if this camera option was available for all cars(and be adjustable), so it could be moved for around a cockpit, for other car types.

Perhaps replacing the bumper cam, if one has to be sacrificed?

• Like Like x 3
  17. Guiga

Guiga New Member

Has any mention of assets and world scale been mentioned in these 17 pages? The driver's size, especially the hands, seem rather large and/or the wheel looks way too small (even for a 26-27cm diameter wheel). The wheel looks to be barely 20cm or the hands look to be from someone who is 2.05m tall.

big hands tiny wheel.JPG

Last edited: Mar 10, 2022
  18. GregzVR

I think the driver model is definitely too small. You can see it by the size of the helmets when viewing a replay.
    The driver body and legs also feel like you have the body of a child, when you look down, when playing VR.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. BartZ

BartZ Active Member AMS2 Club Member

How about displaying correct gear in replays for other players? Right now it stays in neutral for everyone but me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

At Donington British Touring Car meet today, there are now 2 tyre stacks at the final chicane (short circuit), one on the right at chicane entry, one at the left at chicane exit.

Someone has kindly uploaded a video of the meet to youtube to confirm location of tyre stacks.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2022