1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

I hadn't played AMS2 in a few days, I drove the 2 F-V10s today and every time I use the brakes I get this high pitched sound that's usually associated with ABS even though I'm using authentic aids and those cars don't have ABS. In another forum an user reported the same issue with every car he tried.
    Edit: I just tried a few more cars (F-V12, F-Classic G3M2, F3-309), all have the same issue, high pitched noise while braking, authentic aids.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2022
  2. ozcanuck

ozcanuck Active Member

Just noticed this today after not using the Formula Classic Gen 1 and 2 for a while:
    On Imola 1972, severe shaking or bouncing in car on front and back straights. Like its scraping the ground maybe ( too low)? Default setup.
    Tried with Formula Retro with no problem.
    Anyone else notice this?

3. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Sorry, can not help. Track works fine here on my PC, no issues with loadin

4. Xblurone

Xblurone Member AMS2 Club Member

OS: Windows 11, latest version. WMR on SteamVR using HP Reverb G2
    Version: V1.3.4.0 (any version before this it also happened)
    Track & Layout Used
    : Nurburgring full 2020 observed but probably happens everywhere
    Car Used: Cadillac DPI
    Applicable Settings: Camera movement g-forces
    Report: when setting all camera movement g-forces to 0 I would expect in VR that my body doesn’t move forward if I hit the brakes. Currently when hitting the brakes in this car, I can see my body suit appearing in my view from the inside. I am in helmet cam mode in VR. Re-centering while braking does not solve the problem. Recentering while holding my head as far back as I can and then keeping it forward (a bit unnatural) solves the issue, but should not happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Car Used: GT4 Chevrolet Camaro
    Applicable Settings: Rain (and VR if it affects this)
    Report: The driver's helmet visor gets water droplets in VR in the GT4 Chevrolet.

6. Troodon

Applicable Settings: Race only, real weather. More impact in single player. Haven't tested in MP.
    Report: The track wetness state progresses while in the pre-race standings/setup screen. Time should be frozen while sitting in that screen since the race always starts at the set time, so the track should not be drying up or getting wetter.

The weather stays the same as far as I can tell, it's just the track state that changes.

It seems that the AI chooses its tyres based (at least partially) on the track's wetness, so this leads to races where the AI starts on wets but the track is already almost dry by the time the race starts, depending on how much time has been spent in car setups, AFK etc. The player can figure out that slicks are the right choice and potentially drive the race without pit stops, gaining an unfair advantage.

Edit: If real weather always gives the same results for a set place, time and date, then modern Spa, 1st of July 2021 14:00 can be used for testing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Troodon

Applicable Settings: Real weather
    Report: Viewing a replay mid-race can reset the track wetness state. I drove about 20 minutes of Spa that started without rain and with a damp/wet track. The track had dried by the 20-minute mark. At that point I checked out something on a replay, and when I continued the race the water was back on the track. You can see the reset happening in the full race replay.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. A.F.K DaN

A.F.K DaN Member AMS2 Club Member

Car Used: GT3 Mclaren 720s
    Report: Both mirrors (left + right) in VR only get changed by the "Left Mirror" Setting. "Right Mirror" does nothing, aswell as "Center Mirror".

9. Xblurone

Xblurone Member AMS2 Club Member

Ongoing issue - cosmetic - pit crew is parked in the walls for instance in nordschleiffe full 2020 at the end of the race when parked in garage. All bungled up like they have been “beamed” into the wall. Looks funny but not very realistic.

10. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Pit Stop Times:

Throughout the last weeks, I did some races in different car classes with mandatory stops. Number of laps was set according to race times between 35-40 minutes.

Although I was always just changing tyres, no refuel or repair (yes, I have always checked that in the setup and in the ICM and you see what's going on in pits on the bars of the HUD), my stops always lasted longer than the ones of the AI. Their standing times were always ~ 5 seconds, while mine in Formula cars were ~ 10 secs and in some other classes up to 25.
    Could it be that AI always has standing times as if it just was some kind of Stop-and-Go?

11. FS7

Other people are complaining about this issue in the Steam forums:
    brake noise :: Automobilista 2 General Discussions

12. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias Active Member

V. 1.3.4.0
    Track Used:
    Some Brazilian tracks like Velo Citta, Curvelo, Santa Cruz do Sul, Taruma and Curitiba...
    Car Used: P1, P2, P3 and P4
    Applicable Settings:
    weather-slots.jpg

Report: Weather transition doesn't work, it remains the definition of the first slot in the whole race.
    Note 1: Could someone try the above configuration and confirm the problem or if it would be specific to some of my configurations.
    Note 2: Why does the mandatory pit only work with the racing definition in laps?
    Thanks.

13. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

You have set weather progression to "Real Time", which means that every weather slot lasts one hour.;)
    When you scroll over this option with your mouse, you will see an explanation on the right top of your screen. If you set progression to 2x, each slot last 30 minutes and so on.
    "Sync to Race" means that the game switches through the slots by itself during session.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias Active Member

15. guidc79

guidc79 New Member

Track & Layout Used: Guaporé, Cascavel, Interlagos (seems to happen in any track)
    Car Used: Ginetta G55, Porsche Classic (happens with every car I tested)
    Applicable Settings: Weather - partially cloud, fog, clear (looks to happen in avery conditions)
    Report: The passenger view in replays changes automatically to other views
    Steps to reproduce: Save and watch the replay of the races. I select the view, and instead to stay at the passenger view it changes to other cameras.

16. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Change the weather progression to "duration of the race" (or something named similar).... you can't have 4 different weathers changes within 30 minutes using real time since it's not realistic.

• Like Like x 1
  17. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Copa Fusca:

Within the UI it is said that the car would have headlights, but they just have such on the rear not on the front. Can be a bit misleading for players who start a nightrace with these cars and then find theirselves in complete darkness on track..

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. FS7

True, I reported this a while ago:

19. BRIAN ROGERS

BRIAN ROGERS Member AMS2 Club Member

MRX Duratec P4:
    Interior dash lights aren't working during online race at Cadwell Park.

20. BRIAN ROGERS

BRIAN ROGERS Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Laguna Seca
    Car Used: GT1 Porsche (Merc tested as well)
    Applicable Settings: Online lobby / Ambient Air Temp 81 deg F / Track Temp 126 deg F.
    Report: In the GT1 Porsche after just 2 laps my Water Temps were 338 deg F with 80% radiator open. Opened it up to 100% and ran another 2 laps and the temps were already at 300. I then switched cars to the Merc. GT1, same lobby and temps, with radiator to 100% I ran very hard and never got above 222 F (I believe) in a 7 lap race.