1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.4.0 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 7, 2022.

1. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

LOL.. Of course they won't even show you the real simulator... Ferrari has an "official" simulator based on AC Pro in Milano for the public. That stuff is for show :)

2. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I like the GT2 class quite a bit actually.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Ettore

They are actually cool cars, but like GT4s in ACC and pretty much like in any sims, all lobbies are and will always be GT3s

4. Ricardokil

Ricardokil Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Reiza people need to review this Sim's brakes, in many cases it is very easy to lock the wheels, real pilots who try the Sim complain about the ease of locking the wheels in several Sim cars, could review this in future updates.

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

I agree with you , I have reduced my brake pedal gain which helps a lot .

6. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

maybe it would be easier to them if you'll be more precise than "several"
    it would save resources, if several is just 10 out of 100 ;)
    Not every care uses the same calculations for braking

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is AC2 promising? We don't know anything about it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not if you were to play offline.

9. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There are interviews out there, if you are interested.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Ettore

It was originally thought to go on UE5 engine, but a few weeks ago it was disclosed that Kunos will be developing their engine. So obviously a simracing dedicated engine means lots of potential and efficiency compared to the "all purposes" UE, but as we know well with ME it also means a lot more work and debugging needed...

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Ricardokil

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ricardokil

Guys, I don't want to seem like a rude guy, but I can put several links from common people and drivers who complain about the ease of crashing AMS2 cars, sometimes people don't understand that people have different equipment to play, maybe with adjustments to their equipment reduce this problem a lot, but other equipment can't, and in my opinion the game has to have a balance with all the peripherals it is compatible with or am I wrong? Without having a brake you can rely on, it takes away any fun.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Maxi Sabino

Maxi Sabino Member AMS2 Club Member

I have no idea if everyone can understand portuguese to catch that analysis (vitor genz) but It is truly interesting because he drove that real car and he criticise the behivor when you downshift to first gear in a slow turn, on AMS2 you gain time, he said that is unreal and I guess everyone here thinks the same.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  14. Ettore

To make it simple and understandable: you can put 10 videos saying that brakes are sensitive, but if it doesn't pin point which cars are sensitive and with which hardware andsettings it will not help.
    Some cars like F1s are suffering from the opposite: it's very hard to lock brakes. Some others like DPis for me could use more power on the brakes and I find myself missing brakes power and again almost never locking.
    So, as you can see, people get different experience on different cars with different hardware. Until more specific information are given it's just like giving no info because it's not usable. No matter how many generic complaints you pile up there are as many saying they are not having that issue. So we need to go into specifics.
    Otherwise your feedback will never be any use and no correction if needed can be achieved.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. Ricardokil

I'm sorry I disagree when you say generic complaints, I'll try from my point of view without being a rude person, if it seems I'm sorry because English is not my language and that's understandable ok? first because I guarantee that there are testers that work in Reiza, according to how much you point out cars always come with people like you and end up distorting and lifting the criticism under the rug, I remember criticizing the physics of StockCar tires and car before the 1.2 update and I always didn't receive it. an answer that they would check, what I received in response were players trying to help and pass car settings to make it more playable and sometimes even criticism that I didn't know how to play, and with update 1.2 the car changed 200% getting very better by proving that there was something very wrong with the physics, I guarantee that all complaints are warnings that there may be something wrong that needs correction, there is no generic complaint, because it ends being inconsistent what they pass to the players, if it is to write a book talking about the problems of each car as you said, being specific the only answer that I will read from many here is that "the game is in development" that we have to have patience because Reiza as we all know is a company that does not have a structure like a Kunos for example. I also know that the fault of a lot of things not being reviewed is this pressure made by us players who keep asking for more tracks and cars, development updates among other things, but I won't specify something that is happening in at least 30% of the cars in game, I'm just communicating that there is a problem, yes, people make videos criticizing the brakes in different cars and I just ask that a review be done for the good of the game, because I want to see AMS2 very well among the Simulators because it's a very good game , is a Sim who has an eye for motorsport in my country (Brazil) and for being a Brazilian company, so I just want the good and the development of the product.

• Agree Agree x 8
  16. BadEngineer

BadEngineer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Great video, thanks for sharing! I hope the devs manage to take a look at this. I, for one, agree with Vitor's feedbacks. For those who are curious, he compares the newest stock cars from AMS2 and iRacing. What he says is:

AMS2 Pros:
    • Graphics;
    • Track fidelity (they're very well made and current);
    • Force feedback on curb detail and track texture (especially when running down the straights);
    AMS 2 Cons:
    • Brakes can lock too easily (but you can adjust brake pressure, although according to him you cannot do that on the real car);
    • The car oversteers too easily on corner entry;
    • You can gain too much time by controlling the oversteer on corner entry, unlike real life. He argues that many real world stock car drivers refrain from using AMS2 as a training tool because of this behavior, in order to avoid getting on the habit of using this oversteery behavior to gain time. Usually the drivers go for AMS1 (even with the old stocks only) or iRacing (even though it only has Interlagos, and an outdated version at that). This is something he says is critical for AMS2 to fix in his opinion;
    • The lack of organized races in the sim with fixed times;
    iRacing Pros:
    • FFB on turn entry. He claims it results in better, more realistic car feeling during this specific moment on turn entry;
    • The game punishes you for loosing the rear and you actually loose time (my own perception is that it's way more difficult to control and recover the car in iRacing, that's why you loose time. In AMS2 you can sort-of ride the oversteer with a good direct drive wheel);
    • The ARB adjustments in-car have the same number of clicks as in the real world car, making it more realistic and familiar to the drivers (my own take is that I always really liked the fact that iRacing seems to bring setup adjustments per-car that use real world values and are totally customized from one car to another. AMS2 uses a generic setup page for everything in the sim);
    • Organized races directly in the sim that everyone knows when it's gonna happen and can jump into with people of similar skill;
    iRacing Cons:
    • Graphics have a yellow filter;
    • Interlagos is old, with completely different curbs than how it is today;
    • Brakes lock up too easily (he says the devs are aware and are working on a fix);
    • The tire sounds from cockpit are super fake;
    • The FFB in general is very lacking compared to AMS2;
    • The car is also too oversteery, like AMS2, and unrealistic as in real life he says it's not that easy to loose the rear, especially on turn entry (also states the devs are working on it);
    Interesting to note that Vitor says he's worked on the development of the real world Stock Cars. But again, it is a subjective opinion of one driver (others might think different, I don't know).

Regarding the brake feeling vs equipment quality discussion, I think it's important to note that what matters to the software is a number from 0-1 (0%-100%) produced by whatever hardware you're using. Certainly, the subjective feeling you can have will vary wildly from equipment quality, equipment settings (Fanatec software, etc), in-game settings (sensitivity, assists, etc) and car setup (break power, bias, etc). So if you want an undisputable report the correct thing to do would be to actually compare telemetry (sim telemetry with real life telemetry), not to discuss equipment. Anything other than telemetry is just wild, subjective speculation.

I think it's also good to note that most of what Vitor describes in terms of car behavior can be adjusted (if not entirely fixed) by setup adjustments.

• Informative x 13
    • Useful x 6
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  17. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

The stock cars are not good in Ams2. Oversteer too much. Also the front wheel cars are still to be improved. Wet and rain are not good either. The rest is the best there is for me at the moment

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Nathan Explosion

Nathan Explosion New Member

I think it's very silly that in a forum for a game's development any kind of constructive criticism is immediately shot down by the same people, none of whom seem to actually be related to the development of the title at all.

I also think it's silly how often the same people attack the person making the criticism, or the way in which they made the criticism, rather than addressing the actual substance of it.

I think many of you would be best served by spending less time here. Just as a casual observer who stops by to check progress on this title periodically.

• Agree Agree x 14
  19. Ettore

I'm sorry but your communication is quite confusing: in the first post you generically talk about "AMS2 cars" then in the second it seems you are talking about Stock Cars for which the issues are already known. So which one is the correct statement?

20. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I hope Reiza take that video on board and work to resolve the mentioned issues. I really hope Reiza can get real life drive in to help improve the cars they drive irl.

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 1