1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pc problem and now 7gb update?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Benzaah, Mar 20, 2022.

1. Benzaah

Benzaah Member

Hey Guys, i had an issue with my PC not starting and then windows did a debugging, said it wanted to go back to a reset point and after about 5 restarts, it seems to be back up and running OK now.

I just went to start up AMS2 for a little Sunday evening tracktime and steam had to download a new verion and now AMS2 is downloading a 7gb update.

Is there a big update happening now?

or has my PC gone back in time to be able to restart and I'm now downloading all the previous updates?

any advise is appreciated. Regards Benzaah.

2. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Let it update, verify cache, start game, everything fine? No problem. Have fun racing.
    But you might check your pc SSD/HDD for faults or anyything like that. Or Memory, etc. Something not good.

3. Benzaah

Benzaah Member

Thanks for the reply which i assume you are saying there is no big update atm. How big was the last update as maybe I didnt download that and as I only have racing USA Pt1, I would not notice the new car content as I dont own it.. Its really weird this pc has run faultlessly since I built it 18 months ago. Ive been thinking of upgrading my CPU, GPU, RAM and NVME soon so maybe some of the components are jealous and not wanting to run nicely anymore.
    I ran a disk check, disk cleanup and a utilities check with no results. I'm not super tech savvy so if you can advise some apps or checks to run that would be appreciated.

4. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

My strategy to not get into trouble when I reset to a former reset point is to have all games (and other programs) on different partitions (or drives) than the one holding my OS.
    Because then the reset does only reinstall the (small) OS partition and leave as example the Steam partition untouched.
    Be aware I use Acronis True Image and not Windows slightly fake (reduced) backup called reset points.
    But I think my solution could maybe be something to think about for you too.;)

5. Bull Shark

Bull Shark "Later has already begun." AMS2 Club Member

Acronis is a great tool. At my days working as an IT field support engineer I used that tool a lot. Fun part is, I don’t have it installed on my pc since I bought this pc. :whistle::whistle::whistle:

• Like Like x 1
  6. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

@Bull Shark may I give you a small hint?
    You dont need to have Acronis installed on your PC.
    You can dwnl and burn it on a dvd - thats what Im doing.
    As I understand it there is a simple Linux menu OS on the dvd iso.
    And when I then for some reason need to go back to a former image I just swap the dvd in and select in the menu to reinstall a certain former image saved on my PC.
    The whole process takes about 6-7 minutes and then Im back on ;)

7. Bull Shark

Bull Shark "Later has already begun." AMS2 Club Member

Yeah indeed, but I always used a little hidden partition on one of my drives. A dvd will do as well indeed but my PC does not have a DVD drive nor do I have a external DVD drive anymore. :D

8. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

since a couple of years you can boot such tools from USB Stick ;)