1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Time Trial Report Topic

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 1, 2021.

1. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

If you are asking me then I dunno.
    Mainly because I only drive the F-Reiza and the newest published Cart class.
    And conserning F-Reiza then my old LB poles :p was deleted/reset by Reiza
    - and conserning the Carts then the LBs was completely virgins (no sex ref intended :))
    Hehe I dont think you can make serious conclusions based on all the goofy names on the TT LBs.
    Im devided between being irritated that most people are afraid to be recognised in the forum if they use same names - and being intertained by some of the most goofy names on the LBs.;)

2. cpcdem

cpcdem Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It's either a cheat, or it could be a bug. There was a problem in PCARS2, with some particular PC motherboards the internal timing would get completely messed up, causing people to be extremely fast (or slow). Some of the people suffering from this had no idea about it, thought that they were just very fast compared to others, until they were pointed to this problem and fixed it. Not saying that this particular case is the same, just saying that sometimes someone being inexplicably fast could be also a problem, not necessarily a cheat.

Edit: hmmm, looking at his steam page and also seeing that he already has a VAC ban, I guess cheating is by far the most logical scenario. But there's still a 1% chance...

Last edited: Mar 13, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. nemesis

nemesis Member

It’s an absolute joke! I’ve only got time to do TT mode… but now with this dude hacking all the system it just makes me not want to bother with the game.
    The integrity of the leaderboards has now gone for all those that enjoy competing against one another

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

That's why I do not take TT too seriosly. In most racing games, sooner or later the cheaters show up doing impossible times. And in general, it takes ages for the developers to delete those records, if they react at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ref 35

Ref 35 L U H G

I'd like to think Reiza will react and that they take the integrity of the leaderboards seriously. I would think they have all the data on the back end and could delete false times quite easily.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. cpcdem

Why does he matter to you? Everybody knows he's a silly cheater, so his times are completely irrelevant, just completely ignore him and compete against everybody else honest players for the leaderboards. The real problem is when such lowlifes enter multiplayer races and cause havok, this is where unfortunately you can do nothing about them and they indeed prevent people from playing. But in TT they are just an annoyance IMO.

Having said that, I agree the devs need to find a way to remove sooner or later such obvious cheat times from the leaderboards.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. BrunoB

Principally you are right - but psychologically your answer or comment is completely off.
    Some years ago a female cheater in international cycle cross was revealed as a cheater.
    Because she had a small e-motor hidden inside the cycle frame.
    No Im not joking - haha eventhough it sounds like a joke.:D

But using your logic (or lack of) then you could say to all her (furious) competitors: Relax guys. Why does she matter to you? Her times are completely irrelevant, just completely ignore her and compete against everybody else honest players.

8. cpcdem

Yeah, I am aware of the case with the cyclist. I didn't say you can completely ignore it, but it's not the end of the world either, it's just an entry in a table that makes no sense whatsoever... And it's a different thing when you suspect this cyclist or sim racer of cheating, than when everybody knows for a fact that they are cheating.

To give you another example, in many games in the leaderboards there are often "glitched" times, due to a bug times register completely excluding for example sector 3 etc etc, resulting to something totally unrealistic. Would that really make you stop playing because of that? I mean come on, it's obviously fake/wrong, why do you care.

It would be different if somebody is mocking you up, by using a cheat to make a lap time which is just say half a sec below yours and then does that again when you manage to beat him. But in our case, this idiot is so silly that he post times which are 10 seconds faster than possible, they can't be taken even remotely seriously.

Btw, just to be clear, I say it again, it would be great if Reiza can wipe those times off the tables. But because this might not be as easy as it sounds, all I'm saying is that it's not worth getting so devastated over so obviously stupid entries...

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This is clearly a cheater that shows that cheating is therefore a possibility, Who says that there are no other but more subtle cheaters??

10. cpcdem

Nobody can guarantee that in any game unfortunately...

11. BrunoB

Thats correct.
    But in most serious games such cheaters get the hammer pretty fast.
    Because otherwise more and more users loose faith that the impacted game have a serious value.
    Because they can see that the company behind does care.

• Like Like x 1
  12. nemesis

nemesis Member

It matters massively and it’s no joke!
    All I’m saying is hopefully something can be done about as it’s making a mockery of the leaderboards regardless if some know it’s a hack or not

13. Ref 35

Ref 35 L U H G

BTW why is BrunoB banned ?

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Probably something to do with this.

15. Ref 35

Ref 35 L U H G

Oh dear.

Most of it's been removed now, did he have one of his funny turns?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2022
  16. Anthony 123

Anthony 123 Active Member

He got upset with me for disliking some posts. He was just calling names, wasn't a big deal. Shame he got banned. I was warned not to dislike so many posts so it could have been left at that.

17. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Moved from release thread.
    edit no enquiry needed

Last edited: Apr 12, 2022
  18. mad maxx

mad maxx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

as said by @SaxOhare all our times are with new version.... so yes, it's faster !!! ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Maser V6

Thanks for feedback gents. It is the before update that
    edit and cut

Last edited: Apr 12, 2022
  20. Maser V6

Ah just saw that post as typing .

Thanks Max/Saxo
    See u ontrack later.