1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brasil stock car race rule

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Norbert Pfeffer, Mar 22, 2022.

1. Norbert Pfeffer

Norbert Pfeffer New Member

Hi,
    I tried to investigate what are the exact rules of a race weekend of the brasil stock car series.
    I watched races on youtube, but a few things not clear for me.
    What I know:
    The racing time is 30 minutes, and there are two races. The second one use backwards grid (for the first 10 driver).
    There is one mandantory pit stop. Refuel is mandatory, but the tyre change is not. They can change all the tires, or just one or two.
    Is these are correct?

And what is the rul of the "push the pass" button? I can use anytime if it is full? I mean, not like the DRS in F1, only use if you closer than 1 sec and only on a few part of the track.

Thank you.

2. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias Active Member

Ok.

Yes. It is mandatory to change at least one tire, in general the one that wears out the most according to the track. Changing two or more tires takes a lot of time and if the driver is fighting between the leaders, he will probably be out of the battle.

You can use it at any time and anywhere on the track (provided it is allowed), but the logical thing is that it is used on straight stretches where it is more useful.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2022
  3. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Iirc P2P can only be used during races from the third lap onwards, there's a delay between pushing the button and the actual extra power activation (something like 5 seconds or so), after using P2P there's a cooldown period where you cannot use P2P (don't remember the exact time but basically you can use P2P every other lap). Generally they use P2P on the longest straight every other lap.
    It would be great if there was a proper explanation of Stock Car Brasil P2P rules in-game.

4. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

P2P can be used after the first lap (you can use from 2nd lap onwards).
    The uses are limited (can't recall the exact number).
    You can use P2P every other lap.
    Once you push the P2P button, it will activate the extra power after 4 seconds, and it will last for 15 seconds.
    You can use P2P anywhere on the track, but the logical use is to push it 4 seconds before the exit of the curve before the longest straight. Ideally you try to desync it from the guy ahead.
    IRL there is the "fan push" feature (which I find lame), it adds 1 extra P2P activation and it can be used to activate 2 P2P in a row (no need to "cooldown"). Obviously there isn't such a thing in the game.

I guess that covers most of it. I'm not 100% sure about all this info tho, someone more knowledgeable can correct me where I'm wrong.

Edit: in this video Vitor Genz (pro Stock Car racer) explains his P2P strategies through the race. It is in portuguese, however.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Norbert Pfeffer

Norbert Pfeffer New Member

Thank you for everyone.