1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.4.0 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 7, 2022.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I'll test a specific car and ask you to try it....from memory a good example is the Formula V12 but will test later today and confirm if that is ine example of "free spinning FFB".

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I think, F-V12 has actually low base steering forces now that you mention it, but "free spinning" like in "no FFB" wasn't the case here.

Please if you don't mind, it would be great if you could share your ingame FFB settings.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. 2ndLastJedi

Not free spinning as in no FFB but no dampening, like the steering isnt moving rubber tyres on the track surface. All the forces are there as in curbs and scrub but when re-centering there is little to no drag from tyre friction.
    My in game FFB is 69/0/50/30-70. On wheel is FFB 100, DRI 0, FOR 120, SPI/DMP 100.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. CrimsonEminence

Is there any difference between 100 and 0 damping for you? (ingame setting, normal driving)

This over 100 can increase self alligning forces pretty easily and cause more "snapback" just as a little side note.

5. 2ndLastJedi

I will have to retest how dampening changes in the V12, it certainly changes feel in some cars just can't remember the problem cars properly.
    I will lower FOR back to 100 and see how that changes things. It's been at 120 for a long time on my base, i like mucho force...need a DD.

6. CrimsonEminence

Damping is supposed to apply only really for quick acceleration of the wheel. So in a dynamic manner. This should also apply for strong self alligning forces. Definetly good to check, if damping even changes anything for you, i will also recheck here later if everything applies here like it should.

FOR is definetly a nice thing, i also sometimes use it over 100, but it doesn't surprise me too much, when it ramps up some forces at peak a bit too much. In each case also worth testing if it influences consistency of FFB.

Also try some Low Force Boost (at least a bit) btw., it can even improve some of the more subtle forces for higher grade wheels.

7. 2ndLastJedi

LFB adds a ugly notch around centre, I've tried it many times and always found when passing through centre quickly it creates a clunk type notch.

I feel AC has the tyre dampening pretty much right, I'm sure AMS2 used to have it pretty nice but lately I've noticed this being minimal if at all in AMS2.

8. 2ndLastJedi

Okay first off i forgot to mention use default non + FFB.
    I tested if dampening is working and it is, the FFB becomes totally dampened at 100 but only my inputs feel dampened, when getting the rear out the wheel spins back counter steering just as loosly as with dampening at 0 and me trying to hold it from oversteering is dampened to the point i loose control and struggle to be fast enough with my inputs. With dampening at 0 i can control the car fine even in those rear end looses but it just feels loose and free spinning. No idea why it is like this or even how i can solve this without using the custom overly dampened and numb profiles ive already tried. I did swap between default and + in my tests just now and still prefer default.
    Im leaving it at 69/10/50/70 for a few hours to test the V12. Trying the LFB more now.

Reporting back that i'm at a loss as to how to run my FFB now :(

Last edited: Mar 23, 2022
  9. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

The middle is different since the update. Default and default+ is very highly programmed. Reiza has to do that, otherwise the belt wheels would not be able to be driven. A lot has to be dampened with a dd and the vibrations are extreme., with default. With a dd wheel you don't have to dampen anything with the Custom file. There is nothing deaf, up to 13Nm peaks, and no damping in the game and in the base. My experience is that dd is bad for default (default+) because it has to dampen too much

10. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Interesting . So what wheel base and custom file do you use ?

11. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not for me, the Default is the best for my DD, it gives the best feel and is suitable for almost every car (I have driven)
    I never liked Custom files because they give a lot of effects, but not the effect I think I need to control a Car and the Custom Files always seems to be made with a specific car in mind, and not as universal as the Default FFB is
    EDIt: It is definitely not dampen to much, It is very easy to put my wheel in oscillation by giving it a move and releasing it even with higher in-game damping. If I want real damping I need to do it in the True Drive software.(not a bad experience for me but what I notice)

12. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Because I have different experiences with the dd1. Tastes are different

13. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Same here. I use DD on default (not default+) with dampening either 0 or 5 depending on the car I drive. I use no additional damping on the fanalab settings, all are set to off. I also use no LFB.
    The wheel is perfectly communicative of what the rear of the car is doing although not overly stiff around center (which IMHO is largely exaggerated in some other sims).
    Not sure about belt driven wheels, but I personally find that there is a trade off between going for significant LFB and perceiving tire grip and rear loss of grip: the more you search for a very stiff center line wheel (and generally stiff baseline FFB) the more you lose the details of the tires/car behaviors, at least on my DD

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Redvaliant

Redvaliant Well-Known Member

You could try DRI on -2, that is Fanatec's recommended setting for the belt drive wheels. It is a misnomer calling it drift, it is really damping/power steering by another name. + values just increase the power assitance/lessen the force to catch a fast spinning wheel.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There is also still the probelm of tire compounds being screwy, (as in hards slicks being faster in wet than wets), off top of my head it happens with GT1's & JCW Mini, but pretty sure i discovered another one (hav'nt tested all). Any news on this getting fixed as they did'nt with last update?

• Like Like x 1
  16. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Within the UI, it is said that the 1995 Carts would all have the same specs.
    But when driving, the Lola cars offer much more wheelweight and more detailed road effects, whilst the Reynards feel extremely light and the effects coming from track to wheel also feel less informative and enjoyable to drive.
    Is it supposed to be like that or will there be an update with an upcoming patch?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

I've asked about that but never got an answer.
    Previous F-USA initially had the exact same specs but that was fixed soon after with a patch.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. CrimsonEminence

Yes, this is in the works.

Reynard FFB is set too weak right now, it's known and will be hopefully rectified. (Not sure if it already is internally, was ill for some days and was off-sim, but it's definetly known :) )

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Active Member AMS2 Club Member

My 2 cents on the latest update.

Feels like it's harder to lock up under brakes again. I can really smash the hell out of the brake pedal without any fear of locking up. It seemed a bit better before but maybe i'm imagining things.

Edit-removed comment on Reynard wheel weight.

I'm curious to see the change notes. It feels like several cars turn-in better and no longer have this "push, then auto-correct" behavior mid-corner. I wonder if there have been some setup or physics changes. It's a very good thing though. Group C feels really good to me.

20. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

+Plus F- USA hopefully wet/dry 5 secs

Hopefully better, and not the 19 bug