1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Manolo

Manolo Member

Instead before you did not feel the grip, you did not have the grip, you went sailing on a sea of scrub and tears, but you felt the sliding!!! And when you slipped oppression you didn't have any ??? :D

Crazy things don't we have to do skating? The cars have wheels and are made of rubber and in the braking the weight goes on the front or not? Here it seems that you all go on motorcycles!!! :(

And do you think you are oppressed by the feeling of grip??? o_O
    But solve the overpower that is your real problem and take advantage of the marvelous physics of this file and Momentum Rack made of mathematics, physics and geometry, not philosophy of the sensation!!! :mad:

Last edited: Mar 28, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I don’t even follow what you are meaning, but all i said was that out of the box the file is not suitable on my Wheel base and that’s just relevant feedback.

i have successfully implemented all the key parts of the front axle feel into my own files for testing, and have experienced good feelings apart from the feelings of slip angle.
    as the grip loading remains even when the grip has been lost .
    slip angle is the key to racing on the limit.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Keep in mind, right or wrong, some players like extra ffb effects for a greater sense of immersion. Immersion is even more subjective than ffb is. :p:D

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Manolo

Manolo Member

Let those who might be able to solve problems speak if you are not able to have solutions, and you only know how to judge other people's things in 2 minutes, none of us comes to write stupid things to you if there are no solutions to the 10,000 versions of what you publish and you do, but now they start to be relevant just like you say.

And you follow very well what i mean and in this your second post is totally different from fist post and withoth oppression, little good. But if is not suitable for your wheel base and withoth solution you can even not wright becouse this is a feedback not relevant and only bad.

And yes the grip loading remains, many many less but remain even when the grip has been lost or when you are an accident with slip the wheels and scrub in the ashalt, then no stop the effect of gtip and no fly in the air and yes the slip angle is the key to racing on the limit but in fuction of the grip and as long as the grip is there otherwise how you fell the slide???

And yes my feedback is pertinent ... no like yours!!!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2022
    • Dislike Dislike x 5
  5. Kuku Maddog

I do not understand why you feel some need to attack , all i said was that i agreed with karsten that the level of force seemed high. and when you factor in that and multiply it with a powerful wheel it can drown out details.

and in terms of slip and grip feel i have no issues feeling that grip with older files and it’s easily adjusted by modifying slide factor.

but most importantly the fall off from max grip to starting to slide the front tyres is able to be felt but not like an on off switch , it’s a slight variation.
    friction is still felt after that point.
    all i’m pointing out that in my testing since this active front axle was introduced by @Danielkart and expertly evaluated again by @Stakanov is not quite there yet , as the grip fall off is out of time and only feels different to max grip at full slide . at which point you are already understeering of the track even though the wheel is registering a high force of lateral grip.

i have stated that i need to do more testing and that i find it’s easier to do so by just including this system into existing files that i know work well .
    This is part of the problem solving, and also being able to have a conversation about it .

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

I don't like to write whale books. I think the key is in the line (center_full.......). It should be very linear, from 2Nm to 15Nm. So you could use 4-5 (center_full......). Then select file for the base and have fun :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Bull Shark

Bull Shark "Later has already begun." AMS2 Club Member

Ah ok, that makes sense. Thanks for the explanation. Will test the files later this week. :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. easy81

easy81 Member

I also tested the custom file in preview. And actually I also have a very real feeling of the force in the center of the steering wheel ... but it remains constant without having the effect of loss or slippage of the wheels especially at the rear. for me that I use a dd to have lost this information penalizes. I got less strength by decreasing the centering value but despite all the slippage I don't feel it. even the hollows and yet the bumps I felt less. but cmq the file is good

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Gazzawesty

Gazzawesty Skunkedup AMS2 Club Member

The file uploaded by Stakanov yesterday is fabulous on my g27. The wheel is tight in the center and the grip feeling is superb. I could even brake properly as I could feel the car slipping.

Great work everyone❤️

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Richard appleyard

Richard appleyard AKA Neworder

Stakanovs file works very well with my t500rs great work my new goto file

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Manolo

Manolo Member

But which attacks and which victims...... now let's do the saga of the philosophy of physics!!

Both the @Danielkart file and even more so the @Stakanov file are a huge leap forward and maybe need only to be adjusted in power on the DD and HIGH band and re-tuned in order to realign the effect of loss or slippage .... but even so it is superior now and not a little.
    I'm going to play it's better!!!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Danielkart

For me the basis. The rest is an extra :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. NBrembo

NBrembo Member

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  14. Rob Davies

Rob Davies Bobby Dazzler AMS2 Club Member

I tried on my DD1 but felt well out of balance (very strong turning vs anything else) so not sure it translates across devices yet? Currently running @Kuku Maddog ’s current file which I believe includes the rack improvements and feels good.
    Thanks everyone for all the continued work!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Danielkart

ohhh, it s your own fault. Is a small intervention, have corrected it. Will post it soon

• Like Like x 1
  16. Danielkart

oh my god it s fun:D:D:D:D:D

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  17. Rob Davies

Rob Davies Bobby Dazzler AMS2 Club Member

Thanks @Danielkart - Just tried 4 cars for 15 mins so only quick impressions. Note: I'm DD1 50/10/30/0 (base on 100%)

- Definitely onto something re: the rack feel :)
    - The wheel goes super loose (soft) under skids... what feels like 90% to 10% so it feels like it's on ice when the back-end is going round (I think there's a relax value that's adjustable here).
    - It seems there's much more 'relax' for the back wheels than the front, so I lose the feeling of front--end understeer vs. oversteer...
    - Maybe a one-off thing, but in a quali session it was fine, then very different in the race that followed, like 50% softer.... with the CPU spiking consistently and periodically, almost like there was a bug causing a 100% spike... whether this is FFB calcs or not I'm not sure.

I'll let the experts pick up from here and develop - hopefully that makes some sense!

Thanks again for your hard work.
    Rob

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Here is an experimental file inspired by parts from all the latest tunes posted here.

* Allows very high force at high gain, as it seems from @Stakanov 's last file that might help help g-series wheel bases.
    * Experimental bump feel.
    * Experimental suspension feel.

"rFuktor 5.0.1.4-experimental".

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. Kuku Maddog

I don’t know why you think this is some kind of competition, it’s just a collection of different techniques and ideas.
    Stakanov has always been the best option for gear wheel and good for other low power wheels.

This has never been a debate.
    and as i have said , i’ve been in time limited testing to see how this might better suit more powerful DD wheels, as currently i don’t believe it does.

So far i’ve converted the file to have power and steering forces similar to other files .

So far i have got to this stage , but it’s very much a work in progress, but it’s getting there.

there’s still fine tuning needed.
    But it may help showcase the extra layers of this file in a way that easier to digest for DD users used to other files.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  20. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@Karsten Hvidberg , yes the force are more manageable but the wheel oscillating in straight (left right in the center) with high speed and with auto Formula (try gen v10 gen2 kansai or spa).

With this new lines in red oscillating
    (gain2 (* 2 (power (/ gain 1.2) 1.4)))
    (df_compression (power (max 0 (* (/ 1 0.6) (- (min 1.0 gain2) 0.4))) 1.5))

With old lines the oscillation go away and at high speed rest only a little moviment from bump ;)
    (gain2 (min 1 gain))
    (df_compression (power (max 0 (* (/ 1 0.6) (- gain2 0.4))) 1.5))

for the rest is all ok with note below ;)

EDIT:
    1) Ok for no large bump, no problem and no difference, on the contrary, the road surface is more consistent and coherent with only the microbumps and the changes in level and texture are more evident and clear

2) Ok for micro bump but is usfull rehabilitate these lines and the two variables, because, even if they slightly, make the effect of the jerks less pointed and round:
    (left_details (smooth left_details (blend (smooth FL_bump_kerb 0.01) micro_bumps_smooth kerbs_surface_smooth)))
    (right_details (smooth right_details (blend (smooth FR_bump_kerb 0.01) micro_bumps_smooth kerbs_surface_smooth)))

(left_details (* 0.002 (- FL_load (smooth FL_load 0.006))))
    (right_details (* 0.002 (- FR_load (smooth FR_load 0.006))))
    (left_details_pos left_details_pos)
    (right_details_pos right_details_pos)
    (left_details_pos (+ left_details_pos (* (- left_details left_details_pos) (power 0.001 dt))))
    (right_details_pos (+ right_details_pos (* (- right_details right_details_pos) (power 0.001 dt))))
    (left_details_pos (max left_details_pos left_details))
    (right_details_pos (max right_details_pos right_details))
    (left_details (* (power (- 1 (min 1 (abs left_details))) supress_micro_bumps) left_details))
    (right_details (* (power (- 1 (min 1 (abs right_details))) supress_micro_bumps) right_details))
    (left_details (* left_details 0.6 (if FL_bump_offroad 0 1) (blend (smooth FL_bump_kerb 0.01) micro_bumps_scale kerbs_surface_scale)))
    (right_details (* right_details 0.6 (if FR_bump_offroad 0 1) (blend (smooth FR_bump_kerb 0.01) micro_bumps_scale kerbs_surface_scale)))

(left_details (smooth left_details (blend (smooth FL_bump_kerb 0.01) micro_bumps_smooth kerbs_surface_smooth)))
    (right_details (smooth right_details (blend (smooth FR_bump_kerb 0.01) micro_bumps_smooth kerbs_surface_smooth)))

(kerbs_details (- left_details right_details))
    (road_details (blend (smooth (min 1 (+ FL_bump_kerb FR_bump_kerb)) 0.02) (+ left_details right_details) kerbs_details))
    (road_details (spring road_details 5000 0.001 1))

3) I like the new suspension out of box

Thanks ;)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1