Automatic steering range not working with my G27

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by lip.balazs, Dec 29, 2016.

1. lip.balazs

lip.balazs New Member

Hi!
    First of all, sorry for my English.
    In my Logitech Profiler the "Allow games to adjust settings" enabled, and i have 900 degrees rotation.
    In the game, the custom steering wheel range is set to off. ( I also tried to set it to enabled, and set the rotation to 900 degrees, and then set it off, but it's not working).
    What is the problem? It's really hard, to go with 900 degrees even with a formula car.
    This is the only game where i have this problem, in Assetto Corsa and rFactor 2 this option works well for me.
    (I also tried to run the game as administrator).
    Here is a video about my problem:

2. Vitor

Vitor Member AMS2 Club Member

Did you read the wheel setup instructions in the game's manual? It shows the recommended settings, which will probably solve your problem

3. lip.balazs

lip.balazs New Member

Yes, i read it of course.
    I also tried to reinstall the game, but nothing happened, it's still not working.

4. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

I had this some time ago after a Windows 10 upgrade. After uninstalling and reinstalling G27 drivers a couple of times, it worked perfectly. I'm not sure what was the problem though.

5. Vitor

I had that problem too. I believe Windows was downgrading the wheel driver, so it was recognized as a driving force gt instead of a g27.

@lip.balazs, the wheel driver is installed correctly?

6. lip.balazs

lip.balazs New Member

I spend some time, to figure out what is going on.
    After a little time from the driver installion of the wheel, the profiler see my wheel as a Driving Force. If i reinstall the driver, it fixes it, but just not forever. I found a video at summer on youtube about this problem, and it fixed the problem, my wheel always recognized as a G27.
    The video:

But now, i reinstalled the driver, Automobilista was working fine, until my wheel was recognized again as Driving Force... I knew the problem, so i made what i made in summer, followed the steps as i see in the video, and after that, Automobilista was bad again. I done this about 3 or 4 times, the result was the same. If i make the steps like i see in the video, Automobilista will not work well with my will. But if i not do these steps, my wheel will recognized as a Driving Force.
    So now, if i want to play Automobilista (and i really want) i have to reinstall the driver of the wheel nearly every day...

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Vitor

I had to use a tool named wheeldrivercleaner, as described here -> Forums

8. lip.balazs

lip.balazs New Member

Thx, i found that earlier this night. (my wheel was recognized wrong again, and is searched this problem on logitech forum).
    Automobilista is fine now, but rFactor 2 started to do the same thing. I'm speechless... Unbelievable.. At least, Automobilista is working ( i hope it will for the rest, and i won't have any problems).
    Thx for the advices everybody, Happy New Year! :)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. Vitor

Happy new year and happy Racing in 2017 :)