1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 April 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 2, 2022.

1. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Speaking of adults acting like children, having the ability as a server host to permanently kick an offending driver would be nice.

Had quite a few toxic players in recent open lobby events, and it would be nice for the host to kick the offender without a full lobby vote.

• Agree Agree x 19
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Nobkins

Nobkins Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you both for mentioning JustRace. It really is a pleasure to hear some positive feedback. We work hard on the system and as I am also one the admins at AMSUnofficial there are plenty of both AMS1 and AMS2 events for people to enjoy. If you want to come race create a free account on JustRace and browse the AMSU events here: AMSUnofficial at JustRace or join us on discord Join the AMS UNOFFICIAL Discord Server!. AMSU's primary rule is race like a gentleman so as long as you race safe you are very welcome :D

If anyone reading this runs a community and would like a chat / demo of JR then hit me up on discord: Join the JustRace Discord Server! I am "J-Turn" on discord.

Or just DM me on here and I would be happy to arrange a voice chat and demo and even let you schedule a few events on our servers to try it out without having to anything more than create an account.

We have tried to promote JustRace.net but that is a full time job and I would rather spend the free time I do have on programming and improvements.

So really appreciate the words from @azaris and @Shriukan as you can't get any better promotion than from recommendations from users.

• Like Like x 14
    • Winner Winner x 4
  3. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Quote RS "@Sandro Nabutovskiy who is based in Kyiv but has continued to work despite the stresses of being in the middle of a literal war zone - most admirably, his output has not dropped at all under these very stressful circumstances, in fact he has modelled the F-Ultimate Gen2 within the time the conflict is taking place."

This above speaks volumes in itself. The cars look fantastic esp for an 'interpretation'.
    The Op is long and has great content and info, much to appreciate.

Maybe last part of this Automobilista 2 April 2021 Development Update applies almost a year later.
    EDIT :A second read (OP) sometimes worth it, and focus on the good stuff.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm currently trying this out, it looks really good, the servermanager is a nice addition, i will run some further tests, but we might move our league onto justrace for the next season

• Like Like x 5
  5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

@CrimsonEminence, can we give these guys a dedicated thread somewhere in an appropriate section of the forum...so info about the service and the latest news will always be easy to find?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Tiago Ribeiro

Tiago Ribeiro You must first finish AMS2 Club Member

Hoping all the best to @ilka and @Sandro Nabutovskiy . Rough times and I’m very glad and grateful Reiza is taking care of both of you. That surely means a lot to many of us, @Renato Simioni .

Hope you all stay safe!

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Renan G Flores

Renan G Flores Active Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
  9. Nobkins

Happy to answer questions. Usually quickest to explain in a voice chat on discord. Just let me know if you want a chat.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

See what happens when you have a bitching community that shout at the devs because they didnt get the toys they wanted when they wanted. Reiza give more updates than most other sim developers, sure they maybe shouldn't say said content or update will be out at 2pm this Friday and not deliver but as for showing a car as a teaser and not having a release date for another year shouldn't be a problem and should just serve to keep people excited.

Thanks for the update Renato and i'm thankful the team is safe and well. God Bless us all.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 1
  11. 2ndLastJedi

Im not sure why and assume its for a good reason, but why cant there be a revolving door of races in AMS2 on JustRace? If i look now the next race is on Tuesday at 5am my time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Sure, i think best is @Nobkins opens one with the desired opening post details by himself though, because i'm not really as knowledgeable as him, when it comes to MP racing etc., so just go ahead and open one. I recommend the Fan Sites & Community Events subforums for it! :)

13. lsmanley

lsmanley Member

Looking forward to Nurburgring 1971 - will be awesome no doubt.

Personally I'd rather have more historic tracks than new ones. New tracks are without exception all rubbish :D Give me more historic tracks any day (including historic versions of tacks currently in game) - much more challenging and fun to drive!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Nobkins

Will do. Day out with family tomorrow but will get on it in the evening.

Thank you!

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  15. Benzaah

Benzaah Member

Roy no one cares about your 1st world problems

Another insightful post as well. I'm glad you posted as you have a nice agree list that i can add to my ignore list :)

Last edited: Apr 3, 2022
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Spooky1611

Spooky1611 Member AMS2 Club Member

Great dev update, things definitely slowed down after an epic 2021 season but take your time and lets get a healthy pace back up and running!

Absolutely can't wait for the Formula Ultimate G2 cars, 2022 spec, we finally get ERS deployment modes and a good battery sim, new physics and sounds aswell? Sign me up!

Keep up the great work lads!

p.s. I get the choice of not showing off some of the future stuff but man i absolutely love those teases, no matter how long they take. But I get how some people can feel needy or feel like it should be out the next day now they saw what stuff entails so good on you guys for the self reflection

• Winner Winner x 2
  17. Nobkins

With the Dedi, blacklists are possible and you can also kick from the web interface.

Appreciate neither is possible in the in game hosting though.

If you have access to a server (or pc on a good internet connection that can act as a server) then maybe JustRace might help you run AMS2 dedis easily.

If this could be of use then the quickest way to understand how JR works is for me to show you on a discord voice call. Just let me know if this might help.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Stickdeath1980

Stickdeath1980 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for Dev update and much love and Kia Kaha (stay strong) awsome work...keep it up "cough's free cam in replay" "coughs" norbs

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Pedro R.Fernandez

Pedro R.Fernandez New Member

Have a Question...

Can I do direct testing the BETA when they come out?

20. 2ndLastJedi

Does the old beta update with the new beta? Or does the og beta update first then the new beta? or can i just uninstall the beta branch now?