1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 April 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 2, 2022.

1. Todd Norbury

Todd Norbury norbs AMS2 Club Member

Renato is being very humble here.

• Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Petrolhead

Petrolhead Member AMS2 Club Member

Agreed, I have a small community on Discord and was introduced to JR a few months ago. Since then we run all of our championship events with them and even got a dedicated server thro them. I deal with J Turn and the service I have received has been outstanding

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Great read! Up to 31 March 2023! I've a feeling AMS 2 can grow up to something beautiful. It's lovely already but need to shape that rough area's into perfect diamons. Also great to read Reiza/AMS 2 is financially healthy, which means we can look forward to great things.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, that shows the way this "community" works, apparently when a reiza backer like @GodzillaGTR says it, people agree with him a lot, yet he is saying the same i said a couple weeks back as well, only in different wordings maybe, but the underlying message was the same.....

In the end we all want good things for Reiza and AMS2, thats why we are here, and people are allowed to have different opinions, im sorry but im not someone that keeps his mouth shut when i feel things aren't going the in my eyes right way, as @GodzillaGTR mentioned as well, not here to make friends and crawl up peoples rear end to please them.

A lot of things are going well, and Renato's post sounds very good, it is admirable that the devs actually didn't get slowed down by the difficult situation they are in, hopefully this all means a big step in the right direction for the future.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

It's not only what you say, but also how you say it, and how often.

• Agree Agree x 9
  6. Roy Niessink

Well, i always try to say it in the best way possible, not a native english speaking, so it might come across differently, thats what you get with the written word

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Super Nova

Super Nova Member

Courage to the developers involved in the war. It's crazy to be able to work in these conditions... This update looks cool but personally that's what will make me come to AMS2.
    That's it:
    Automobilista 2 December 2021 Development Update

What Else to Expect for 2022?
    New cars from premium brands filling up existing classes as well as well as branching out to new ones, new tracks, historical tracks, further AI development, more multiplayer features, Steam achievements, full course yellows, oval racing, dirt racing and maybe the beginning of what should be a very elaborate career mode are just some of the highlights of what we have planned for Automobilista 2 over the course of 2022

Good Luck guys and Peace;)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Gevatter

I'm not a native speaker neither, so I know that struggle. What I'm trying to say is, that the whole forum by now knows your stance on that matter, yet you keep repeating yourself again and again, and even now after the Dev Log has been released. Keeping on mentioning the things you miss won't make them come faster. Accept that and give it a rest. Renato saying that Reiza is in a good place financially should give you the assurance that stuff will get released, even if delayed.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. Roy Niessink

Well, i replied to Renato's post with some questions to which he replied quickly, and i stated i appreciated that, and i might have mentioned things 1 or 2 times more, but a lot of them are replies to someone else, but i will try and restrain myself to not reply so much, but i cant promise i can do that when there are people starting to talk about cheese again though;)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Nobkins

Nobkins Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks Petrol.

Just to clarify we don't provide dedi servers but we do have experience in this area so we helped Petrol choose a server from the same provider we use.

You can use anything from an old laptop on a good home internet connection to a true Dedi server in a server farm and anything in between.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 2
  12. Petrolhead

Maybe an idea to start a speparte thread, I can if you want?

13. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Or Better still Thanks to 27.:)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  14. Nobkins

Crimson is working with me on this. Just waiting on me to write it at the moment!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Petrolhead

OK, my thought was for me to start a thread would be less like advertising?

16. Xela1

Xela1 BANNED BANNED

That s the way when the master-Dev (@Renato Simioni) quoted your post. People then thought : Oh the master answered, I have to „like“ it.

17. Gevatter

But the master also answered Roy's post ^^ Maybe it isn't a grand conspiracy but just people being fed up.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. Nobkins

True but we have been asked to put together a post that will be made sticky. Would be great if underneath (once I create it this evening - out all day with family) you post your feedback.

Up to you of course :D

19. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's nice to read that Reiza will smoothen modern Nürburgring, as the current road mesh is a little older (2014?) than the 2020 name signifies - e.g. the jump before Flugplatz is not as smooth as it became after the 2015 Nissan GTR accident.

In light of the smoothening work, I assume that the 1971 Nürburgring will keep the existing bumps, as a contrast? And that begs the question - will even more bumps be added to the 1971 road mesh? Either manually or by adding road noise such as with the Historic Monza?

It's hard to say how much the bumpiness changed from 1971 to 1983, but in 1983 the Nordschleife was extremely bumpy in several spots, such as for instance at Miss-Hit-Miss and up Kesselchen which was a nightmare.

Watch the left panel in this 1983 onboard video to see how bumpy the Nordschleife was:

Last edited: Apr 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just wanted to pop on and say respect to the huge bravery shown by the devs under stress from this horrific conflict. My thoughts are with you and may you and your family stay safe.

And a lighter note - Loving the new formula car BTW guys looks awesome!!!

Dan

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 3