1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Much lower fps with F-USA cars

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by wanderschikanentv, Apr 2, 2022.

Tags:
  1. wanderschikanentv

wanderschikanentv New Member

Hi,
    I'm running AMS2 in VR on a HP Reverb G2 with RTX3080 and i9 10850K. Normally, I'm getting 85-90 fps with my configuration.

However, I bought Racin' USA recently, and with the F-USA cars, I'm only getting 50-60 fps, even in timetrial.

Normally, I'm racing GT3s, so my first thought was that the low fps may be related to the wider look to the track in an open-wheeler. However, other openwheelers like F-Ultimate are letting the game run at the high fps.

Has anyone else made similar experience? Are the F-USA cars somehow buggy or poorly optimized? The drop of fps is really noticeable in VR, unfortunately.

WBR,
    Mike

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Remco Hitman

Remco Hitman Member

Same. I have no explanation.

3. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

What happens if you decrease car/cockpit detail?

4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Also in time trial?

5. wanderschikanentv

When I posted here, I had only checked given a try to the F-USAs in TimeTrial Mode. This was where I got the low fps.

Through Racedepartment forum, I was pointed to this topic: FPS drop pattern finally found...

And indeed, in Training or in Race Mode, the F-USA work as intended - no low fps! So, probably, I came across the mentioned phenomenom of low fps in TimeTrial only!

• Like Like x 1
  6. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Out of interest:

Do you have UDP active in your games system settings? If so, please deactivate it for a test.

7. wanderschikanentv

I've so far been using the following "System" settings: "Project Cars 2 / Off / Project Cars 1". These are the ones for Simhub.

For a test, I switched to "None / Off / Project Cars 1". --> No change in the FPS topic.

• Informative Informative x 1