1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 April 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 2, 2022.

1. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Would be great if all the new installed gravel beds are not only for bike races, but for Formula1 and others as well. Then, the track of SPA-Francorchamps would be more challenging again. Nor more such silly driving through Eau Rouge and if too fast just take the paved runoff.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Ah, don't expect too much. Spa remains ruined even after the rebuild. Asphalt around Eau Rouge/Raidillon, asphalt after Les Combes, asphalt around Rivage, asphalt around Pouhon, asphalt around Blanchimont and asphalt around Bus Stop. The only corners that actually changed are Speaker's corner and La Source. Every other gravel trap they announced and put in is too far away from the track to make any difference.

The definitive version of Spa remains the 1993-AMS2 version, nowaday's version is still just a sad mockery of what was once a great driver's track, ruined by the stupid need to take every driving challenge away by putting the same asphalt next to the track that's also on the track.

If Tilke made the track as it is now, people wouldn't even bat an eye because the asphalt's making everything same-y, irrelevant and unremarkable.

/rant

Last edited: Apr 6, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. alink

The track was OK till 2001 when they started paving Eau Rouge. Then, the following years, it was destroyed completely.
    Yes, these small modifications won't bring it back to what it was but at the moment, you can drive around silly, with zero brain, having no fear to get on grass or gravel.
    But then, everybody is surprised if a car hits the barrrier with high speed. But till the barrier there is no reason why to lift throttle.....

4. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Its a motogp chicane, we needn’t worry as f1 bypasses it

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

In real life both chicane & non-chicane versions are available (chicane for MotoGP, non-chicane for F1) so if Reiza decides to include the chicane version I'm pretty sure the non-chicane version will still be available in the game, just like with Jerez & Cascais.

6. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Figured they'd do something after that insane near miss a while back. Normal motorsport is risky enough, Moto GP riders are absolute madmen.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

:rolleyes:
    Race at the Isle of Man TT.:D

Last edited: Apr 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. SlowBloke

SlowBloke Member

Assuming you mean some of the art decisions ? The engine is the same - to me they look exactly the same...

Exception is trees - Im very happy Reiza went with 2d trees - they look better (especially in VR).

Some of the AMS1 assets look worse too lesser detailed 3d models etc... Although between having only AMS2 assets and not putting the AMS1 stuff in Im glad the opted to add it :)

9. Apex

Apex Active Member

Indeed. The Italian vegetation looks particularly attractive, though it's usually too dangerous for me to fully enjoy the vista.

10. Emir_de_Passy

Emir_de_Passy Member

I was going to write that I can't get rid of the flickering in trees. Also, it seems as though performance in VR is better but i might be wrong... But more importantly for me, Ams2 is by far the best for motion. No sim comes close to it. Not even P cars 2.

11. Wilfred de Ruijter

Wilfred de Ruijter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

There is a Ferrari 430 available if you want: Downloads Autmobilista 2 (and some other cars). But it's no Reiza quality.

12. The Walker

The Walker Active Member

If you don't want just don't select the layout

13. Luislav

Luislav New Member

Love to see the commitment to continuous support of this game and good to know that financially Reiza is ok, so maybe, just maybe can we dream with... Le Mans??

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  14. alink

I wouldn't stake my life on it, who knows, F1 was so funny to implement a chicane before last corner at Barcelona. I am still waiting till they implement the penalty loop as well.....

15. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, but the only thing where they should use 3D trees is when the trees stand close to the edge of the track or even tree branches are hanging over the track. Because it looks so weird in VR when the whole trees are turning/rotating when passing by as the 2D picture is always following the players eyes. This is totally immersion breaking. Didn’t you notice this in VR (at Bathurst for example or at Adelaide…)? This unrealistic effect is worst when driving formula cars because there is no car roof hiding the rotating trees…

• Like Like x 2
  16. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

A rallycross style "joker lap" isn't a bad idea for shaking up a race series. Effectively adding the strategy of extra pitstops without the need for quickly degrading tyres or refueling. F1 seems to not need it now given how much better the new cars follow, but it could spice up tracks like Monaco or Barcelona that become a procession.

17. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

DiRT Rally 2.0 uses 3D trees all over the stages and in turn you need very high end PC to run the game maxed out at decent stutter free fps. Where 3D trees woudl make sense is at Monza historic, where you can drive through the 2D trees at the trackside unharmed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd happily accept the Mulsanne Circuit or Arnage 24h layout instead :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Typically we have the historical versions clustered around 70-77, 88-93 and 2001 as these are the most suitable for the cars we have - the exact year will depend on the level of reference material we gather along as to which layout had the most enduring relevance.

:whistle:

• Winner x 27
    • Like x 10
    • Informative x 9
    • Useful x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
  20. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

I KNEW IT! :hurrayreiza:

• Funny Funny x 5