1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.5.1 Officially RELEASED - Now Updated to v1.3.5.2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 6, 2022.

1. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

This one is also 80s by the way. The G2M3 is turbocharged up to 2.5bar and that whole thing got banned after 88.

2. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Guys, you are missing the point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Regarding the ffb...I mentioned yesterday after the build was available that the default ffb with the new stockcar had alot of noise/notchy feeling when turning....would any of the in-game setting slider help reduce the amount of vibrations?

In the meantime, I switched to default + and found it alot smoother with better grip detail....tho the base tune needed some tweaking to keep it from sliding around into and out of corners.

Can anyone confirm if spring and dampening is enabled in the title?
    The 2 yr old ffb recommendation thread says it isint....but alot has changed over the yrs. :)

4. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Ha I got the point. It was a good point. Even so there's up to 5 bar difference between 80s and 90s.

5. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Try reducing FX and LFB (especially) a bit and maybe also gain a tiny bit.
    Spring and Damper Channel aren't utilized for car FFB in AMS2. Springy and Damping effects are going through the gain channel.

I'm not sure how it is about the centering spring in menus that you can set in the options right now.

I can't say, how some drivers/manufacturers handle "wheelbase-own" damping, when setting the damper channel. (For Fanatec CSL Elite/CSW 2.5 it's the Dri mode in negative values, which adds motor-own damping for example).

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

7. gvse

gvse Active Member AMS2 Club Member

A question about the real weather system: it seems not to be working for me, and it's been like that for weeks now. I have the time set to `current` and always get the message that the real weather isn't available.
    Is it just my system or a known issue? If just mine, how can I troubleshoot it?

8. CrimsonEminence

Please sync your windows clock. It's needed for the system to work.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for the info :)

Should they be set to 0 in the wheel profile or does it not matter cause there not utilized?

10. CrimsonEminence

If it doesn't add something like static damping by device driver, leave it at default/100 really...

There are still some games, that require it in the video game world (also old games) and if you need it, you can be sure to have it.

11. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

acc is really good in that respect, but it doesnt matter what they do when vr runs awful in acc

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

ReleaseCandidate: This branch will be disabled after the official public release and return you to the default AMS2 branch, if you then want to opt in for the beta in a next update you just need to repeat this process.

Interesting decision... Other software allows the user to remain on this pre-release/release candidate branch since it's only effective when there is a build tag for such branch, so the user doesn't have to change the setting each time.

13. Jason Bradshaw

Jason Bradshaw Member

The F ultimate Gen2 car is fantastic,
    I'm a VR sim racer and I could not be happier with the work Reiza have done. The only aspect that I would like Reiza to work on is populating the pits permanently to give us the feel of a busy race day in the paddock and colour coding the pit crew and driver liveries to match the cars...they do that and it's a wrap for me...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ricardokil

Ricardokil Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Guys if you can give that translated to the staff I appreciate it!!!

• Like Like x 7
  15. Rob Davies

Rob Davies Bobby Dazzler AMS2 Club Member

How would you like us to feed back on RC issues specifically - in this thread or another? Conscious this already is a mix of specifics and generics crossing many themes!

16. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I was watching it live just now.
    He loved the track.
    The physics updates are all positive. Brakes are working much better, closer to real life. You no longer gain time when the car slides around. Traction is more natural now and closer to real life as well.
    The only note would be on the rear end sliding too easily on corner exit. He says it could be a setup thing though.

• Informative Informative x 10
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Bug reports thread... Here it will most likely be lost
    Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

18. BadEngineer

BadEngineer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I was there as well and suggested him lowering the clutches from 6 to 4, which he did and thought the traction improved a lot. This particular track is basically two hairpins with a high speed S in-between. The default setup has a super locked diff that does not go too well with such a scenario (because you're trying to put the power down in low gears for most of the lap). Thankfully we can do a number of tweaks to remedy the behavior for our particular liking. Other adjustments I'd make if I was him:

- Remove all the rear wing. This track does not need it;
    - Open on-power diff by 5 degrees (if that's not enough to give you confidence on the throttle, open it a bit more by another 5 degrees);
    - Close coast diff by 5 degrees (to counteract extra rotation in the fast S after removing the rear wing);
    - Move brake bias as rearwards as possible to shorten brake distance going into the hairpins (try to brake into the second hairpin in as a straight line as possible);
    - Stiffen the front ARBs if there's too much rotation after such hard braking. Might benefit from further lowering the rear ride height;
    - Might need some suspension work as this track is very bumpy, including during the braking zones (softer springs, higher ride height if bottoming out);

I'm no setup master but there are a lot of options for fine tuning these cars to this unique track.

• Informative Informative x 4
  19. CrimsonEminence

Wouldn't recommend that tbh.

If you do 20 minutes at the limit, you could cause an imbalance between front and rear tires. Do it on your own risk, but be aware, that you could get a soapy rear end after a while.

Also that will become problematic on longer runs due to even more rear heat and rear tire degradation.

You can't soften springs on this car. The car is also critically damped already. Use dampers more for overall balance. The slow dampers allow for some room there but be aware, that it can mess with stability over bumps indeed, because you fall a bit out of the window.

• Informative Informative x 6
  20. lawgicau

lawgicau Active Member AMS2 Club Member

My 2c:
    I drove the 2022 Corolla at Interlagos and found it immediately improved in my opinion. The previous stock cars were very slidely. Fun to manage but they didn't feel that realistic. This new car can still oversteer but overall it feels more planted. If I lose the rear it feels like it was my fault raher than an inherently unstable drive.

I then took the F Ultimate Gen 1 and 2 out at Interlagos. Immediately the excessive turbo lag is gone which is great. I didn't do enough laps to have a solid impression but nothing the car feel fast and grippy like you would expect.

I then did some random multiplayer lobbies. In general it feels harder to lock brakes than before across multiple cars. My FOV/camera settns also seemed off compared to before. I don't know if it's something I did but I had to adjust this because the viewpoint was way off, enough so to make it hard to judge corners.