1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.5.1 Officially RELEASED - Now Updated to v1.3.5.2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 6, 2022.

1. Renan G Flores

Renan G Flores Active Member

It's here! Officially!

upload_2022-4-9_10-14-52.png

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The lack of metallic material is inherent to the engine?

I wonder if SMS choice for not supporting it has to do with performance.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

PCARS 2 has no issue with metallic liveries or mirror reflective parts.

4. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you for the update.

The 2021 & 2022 championships have the same track list. Probably a mistake!? One would expect the new track that you just created to feature in the 2022 championship.

5. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

The F-V12 would need this change as well I think, it's also very light to steer. I ran both the F-USA Gen1 and F-V12 at 120% FFB.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ControlLogix

ControlLogix Active Member

New F1 cars feel and sound great. Will have some fun with these!

7. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

It is, being corrected in a little bit :)

• Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Steve Redfox

Steve Redfox Member

Well, sorry to disturb the party a bit. The new U2 is great. But somebody seem to have forgotten the wet tyres at the U1. Just for comparative reasons , I took also the U1 for a ride at the Nuerburgring GP 2020 ( Veedol ) with the typical Eifel-Weather ( means rain ) . First thing I noticed, the wet-tyres showed a deep red colour in the telemetrie hud while their temperatures were normal , 89° C. While driving, they cooled off a bit at first, but still showed orange @ around 75° and turned to yellow in the high 60°ties. This happend only with the U1 wet tyres. U2 was great ( as the name implies anyways, hehe )..perhaps can one oif the devs have a look. Thanks. Otherwise, great job !

9. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Renato, are the broken session start times on the list of things to fix in the custom championships? When you start a new championship the session start times you set work fine for the first round but when you exit the game and then go to the second round all session times, p, q and race times are the same even though you initially set them as different times. This then continues on with each session in each round thereafter as well.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

The 2022 Stock Car feels great, and so does the Sigma P1.
    The F1 Ultimate is not my kind,but sure great for those who can handle it!
    Thank you Team Reiza!

Last edited: Apr 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Steve Redfox

Steve Redfox Member

That's the good thing of AMS2 over ACC ( which I also like very much ) ...it offers something for everyone on a high level. Coming from F1 1999 ( Microprose ) I love all those nimble Formula cars since the 90ties and AMS2 is currently the only sim offering such a great selection with this high quality in graphics, physics and dynamic weather at such a comparably low cost. I use also AC, R3E, PC2, rF2 and also, for fun, F1 2020 and 2021. Each has it's pro's and con's and also a different focus. The weak points in AMS2 become less and less whith each update/upgrade and also thanks to the input of many determined simracers here at the forum and elsewhere, who contribute with their experiences to make AMS2 better and better. So in a nutshell : Thank you Reiza AND thank you AMS2 community !

• Like Like x 11
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
  12. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Love the new dash!

13. jamespoly86

jamespoly86 Member

Automobilista 2 is my favourite sim.
    I know that build a game is not simply and Reiza is building the best car game simulator in my opinion.
    I like a lot the large amount of cars and tracks and the customizazion of pilots and liveries
    but there are some things to improve:
    - AI loads much fuel than necessary in both qualifying and race
    - AI cars in qualifying hinder each other. In GP4 there was a system of AI cars were in three groups of 7 cars to avoid traffic.
    - AI ERS system is interesting but some AI cars at the end of the race have the ERS bar full
    - AI tyre wear logic and player tyre wear are fully implemented? In Formula Ultimate Gen 2 tyre wear is not realistic.
    I would like to have a topic where users can indicate the priority things to fix. Maybe a poll.

Cheers,
    James

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Those are good points, just two things:

I'm not sure to which extent that happens in AMS2, but it happens as well in real life, a lot actually. If you ever watched a GT World Challenge GT3 qualifying you'll know what I mean. Qualifying formats are different across racing series. Please provide more detail: which series, which track, qualy length, what happend exactly.

Again, please expand on that, "not realistic" isn't helpful. Which tyre, which track, which conditions, which setup, which session, which ERS mode, what happens, what do you think should happen instead. The more detail you can provide, the easier it is for the devs to find things to adjust if necessary :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Yes,i "try" to race since the Amiga days,had all Home-Computers those days till i got aMicrosoft -Windows system (Win93 SE).
    GPL was my first love,never really could handle the cars though...:D
    The less electronics the cars have, the more I like them.:)
    ACC and RaceRoom is installed here too,after years i gave up RF2 since they broke the offline mode and never fixed it.:mad:
    And finally, if RF2 had such a great team of developers like Reiza (they really tried hard in the beginning) what could have been made of it.hats off to Reiza!

• Like Like x 4
  16. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias Active Member

Sorry for posting here, you can remove it if that's the case.
    Suddenly the hud graphics got blurry, any help to get them back to normal. Thanks

Hud_AMS.jpg

17. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think they mean that the AI all go out at once in one big queue, causing some cars to never get in a good lap before they return to pits. It was already the same in rFactor 1 and derivatives, the fastest car does one slow lap behind a backmarker then returns to pits and sits there for the rest of the session and qualifies 25th or something.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Imo it would be nice if there was the option to have private qualifying like we have in other games such as AMS1, rF1, rF2, etc. That would be one way of preventing AI from ruining player's quali lap & each other's quali laps.

19. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey I've got a bug with the 2022 F1 cars, same as when the CART cars came out. The Pitstop timer is too short to match the animation, effectively letting the vehicle leave without the tires on if you pit for only tires

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

What session was it and do you have the exact strategy settings?

I did 3 stop runs with 2 being tire-only stops and my car always displayed its tires and also verified to be new ones (visually and functionally) here.

• Informative Informative x 2