1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.5.1 Officially RELEASED - Now Updated to v1.3.5.2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 6, 2022.

1. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm enjoying Silverstone 75 NC more with the latest release, having driven the previous version a lot this week. Today's update of the fast AI corridors has calmed and improved their approach towards Stowe and now they are more on the left between Stowe and Club, where previously they would drive down the middle of that straight. The GT Classic Porsche and Corvette are a great pairing here: better braking and corner exit versus straight-line speed. Every time I panic-slide through Woodcote without the chicane, I worry about crowd safety. :eek::)

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, stream had hickups.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. McNeil00

McNeil00 Member

You added a ERS mode "AUTO". Can you change that in a assist not as mode? when i change the mode with my wheel it can be that i change in this mode by a mistake

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

is the DRS state working on your dashboard apps, folks?

would like a confirmation before I mail the dev of Sim Dashboard to add it to the app :)

5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Yes, available and activated works for me.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

People can now use Galeão as a top speed test track, as it have the longest straight when you go outside the racing course:

[​IMG]

431Km/h before my engine blow. It's officially the fastest speed I achieved in this game (my previous record was 426 at the 10Km Monza.

Since as, apparently, no one else ever cared about high speed records, I declare myself AMS2 fastest driver lol

Objections, gentleman?

• Funny x 19
    • Like x 7
    • Winner x 4
    • Informative x 3
    • Friendly x 1
    • Creative x 1
  7. JoKeR

JoKeR Member

So many versions down the road and the dynamic weather is still worthless. Not complaining about the feature, but the fact that the AI is impervious to a wet track with slick tires. You can start a race with slicks on a sunny day, but in the moment it starts to rain, AI activates the "on rail" feature and goes bye bye while you dance all over at 60 km/h.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

settings desc.jpg Have we lost the descriptions for settings here? or just my imagination, msaa post etc?

Hi 2nd yes just check in ,I have poppy clicks watching here on forum, and on u tube. did not notice it when posted as on laptop mac. it was stuttery in live feed visual and audio together

Just raced the fast go cart thing at Rio airport, black screened with audio so had to end tsk. 18 approx Ai maxed out and players Ai crashed a lot in p/q, I learned track following lots of smoking tyres
    F! 2022 AI pace better on straights max settings (1 track tested

Last edited: Apr 9, 2022
  9. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well I do remember posting this clip months ago, but we didn't have airport tracks at the time and the banking bottom's out the car.

I do concede that it is indeed faster than my clip, but I've hit the same speed in the Cleveland tunnel.

• Like Like x 1
  10. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Same for me, but qualifying had better quality:

11. Spooky1611

Spooky1611 Member AMS2 Club Member

In my lobby there is always 1 guy with a faster grid start. We're doing a lot of Ultimate G2 races at this moment so its a lot easier to spot but he is like half a second earlier before the lights and gets no penalty. Is this desync known?

I tried a 20 minute race with the medium tyre which is now nicely striped yellow against red tyres.
    Hockenheim sunny, I have worse grip at the start to be expected and it builds up nicely after and I actually get a quicker pace after 10 minutes then the softs around me or my own personal bests. But then 5 minutes later i had a big dropoff in grip again. Nothing out of ordinary with temps or anything

15 Minutes in, those red tyres got even faster and people around me were actually improving massively.

I still feel in general through all the races, in order to get some real strategy, that red tyres needs a higher grip loss after a nice amount of laps.

Also noticed now that when its even a little bit wet the auto selection gives you full wets instead of inters. And auto selection will always give you red softs anyways so at this moment its just going hard on red tyres all day for us.

Im having so much fun this week with the formula gen 2 car, The new full 1.3.5.1 build has some really good improvements. Still feel DRS state sync in MP is highly needed, but now i'm repeating myself and this is just a friendly post of feedback and feel

Thank you Reiza for this amazing product!

Last edited: Apr 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. DavidGossett

Maybe we need to do some proper tyre testing to help folks with strategy options. Any good telemetry software that I could use to look back at the differences over a stint?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Question, has mandatory pits stops been fixed in championship mode?

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Did you turn off damage?

My engine blowed before I reach the max rev... it's possible to be a little faster with this car.

At Daytona Oval I couldn't go to far because the car loose too much speed at these banked corners. At Monza 10k you can turn at the bottom of the first banked corner and enter the straight at a very high speed.

Cleveland tunnel fells faster because of better surface (I made a little sacrifice lifting the car), but Galeão's straight is right out of pitlane (just circle the pit area CCW, follow the service road and in less than 30s you reach the runway threshold.

• Like Like x 1
  15. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Obviously this is my daily driver so i have a good gauge on how this should sound :p But for real, is this current turbo sound correct?

16. DavidGossett

Just for that test. It took a few laps to build up momentum, and by that point it would already explode. The GFC discord used to run an oval series on PC2, so I was testing it to hopefully do an oval series with it once USA Pt. 3 drops. Though, we'll probably have the proper CART oval spec by that point.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Two questions for the Devs/staff please!

What does this mean?
    And why is the porpoising/bouncing in the new 2022 F-Ultimate car only happening on wet compounds? Skip to 6:25 in this video to see example (first in car, then on replay)

Thankyou in advance, and thankyou for all the work going into these new updates!

18. Wilfred de Ruijter

Wilfred de Ruijter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I won numerous races against AI in the rain. They were very slow, had to go for rain tires and were slow yet again.

19. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It means, wet tires can displace more water to achieve road surface contact basically.

It's half a mystery but not really assured to be the "same kind of porpoising" (!!), we face in real life, but in the end the car actually does it in some way. These wet tires feature a softer carcass though, so this could be one explanation why it's provoking it, of course. (The dry tires are stiffer and help the suspension to do its job properly/better on a critical level)

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

Nobody here with frame drops since the update?