1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. BRIAN ROGERS

BRIAN ROGERS Member AMS2 Club Member

Build: 1.3.5.1.1984
    Track & Layout Used: multiple
    Car Used: Procar and New Minis
    Applicable Settings: Online and practice, authentic wear, dry tires
    Report: Tire temps are extremely high.
    1. Brands Hatch at 76 ambient/80 track temps, the Procars rear tire are almost 90 degrees and orange by 2-3 laps.

2. Guapore at 70 ambient/77 track temps, the New Mini front tires are bright red and over 100 degrees in less than 2 laps.

I've raced the Procars plenty of times and never had this issue. I'm aware the Minis are known for high front tire temps, but this is very extreme even for these cars. All this seems to be after this last update.

2. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

They were always running hot like this, the colouring scheme has just been changed to let you know about it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Build: 1.3.5.1.1984
    Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: F-Classic Gen 1
    Applicable Settings: Any
    Report: Rear tyre grip is insufficient

After the turbo changes these cars now have way too much wheel spin, impossible to get the power down in second gear in any meaningful way. The AI have no such issues and will rocket off into the distance during race starts and out of slow corners.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

I tried to lower AI's start reactions down to 0.01 (!!!) within my custom file, they go off like rockets at race starts though, as they do not suffer from wheel spin at all. Frustrating when you are on pole and find yourself in p 8 at first corner. And as the AI has no proper feeling for distance to player's car, they often just ram you off track when coming from behind at start.

5. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

delete - problem solved

Last edited: Apr 14, 2022
  6. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Fells like AI is not using DSR with Formula Ultimate Gen 2 at Imola:

Don't know if this issue happens with other car/track combo.

7. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

They are using it, but as AI race at inchs to each other the entire lap, when the following car open ups DRS he seems unable to get out of the sliptream in time because they race so close, so to avoid a crash he tap the brakes, closing the DRS in the process.

Kemmel straight at Spa is another example of this, leading to AIs who race at less than 0.5 secs the entire lap, the entire race, without overtaking a single time.

Reiza needs to solve the overtaking problems AI has, and possibly add logic to allow AI to reopen the DRS if it was closed because a sudden tap on the brakes inside the DRS zone.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  8. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Sooooooo... in fact, it's not using the DRS.

Abração!

9. aboe_83

aboe_83 ABOE AMS2 Club Member

Build: 1.3.5.0.1984
    Track & Layout Used: Imola GP
    Car Used: F Ult Gen2
    Applicable Settings: Dry to Wet weather transition (I used Sync To Race for a quick 5 lap race with AI to test, if that matters).
    Report: I set my strategy pre-race to change tyres to Recommended and All Tyres, with each of the tyres being set to Recommended for tyre type. During the race, it starts to rain... I wait another lap till the track is saturated and then pit for a change of tyres, hoping to be put onto wets. No tyre change takes place. So, 1 lap later, I come in again, making sure to Request Pit Stop this time, to see if that makes a difference - still, no tyre change takes place. I pit for a third time, just to be sure (the track is completely soaked at this point, btw) and it's the same again - no tyre change. I'm almost certain that the weather was fit for at least wet tyres (nowhere dry enough for inters, though) so it was kind of baffling.

What was also noted was that the AI never came in for a change of tyres at all, instead staying out on the dry ones they started the race with.

This was first experienced in an online lobby so I setup a race with the AI to test to see if it reoccurred and that's how I also noted that the AI were not pitting for wets either.

It might also need to be noted that in the earlier online occasion, I was able to get the pit crew to change tyres by manually selecting them from the ICM before I entered the pits for the third time (the first two occasions yielded no results, same as the test which followed).

10. Daniel Escalona

Daniel Escalona Member

Build: 1.3.5.1
    Track & Layout Used: N/A
    Car Used: Stock Car Toyota '20 / '21 / '22
    Applicable Settings: N/A
    Report:
    Button boxes textures of all Toyota's are rendered at very low resolution even with interior car detail set to Ultra. Their Chevrolet counterparts doesn't suffer from this issue.
    AMS2_Bug_Report_Toyo-Chevy_Textures.jpg

11. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Car Used: N/A
    Report: In user stats the favourite class icon doesn't get updated when a new car becomes favourite - it used to be AMG GT3 which was replaced by F3 class, but icon still shows GT3.

upload_2022-4-12_22-58-42.png

12. jmac_the_man

jmac_the_man Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Build: Any
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: Display Units=Imperial and/or Suspension Setup Display=Units
    Report:
    Setting Suspension Setup Display to units affects the Setup Screen, but not the ICM, which continues to use a rate measured in N/mm. The ICM should be consistent with the setup screen.

Also, setting Display Units to Imperial does not change any display for fuel (ICM, Speedo Widget, or Setup Screen) to use gallons instead of liters.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Daniel Escalona

Daniel Escalona Member

Track & Layout Used: Interlagos
    Car Used: All Copa Classics and Fusca's (except Puma GTB)
    Report:
    The engine external sound (normally the sound heard from other cars when near/passing by) is heard while racing solo from Subida dos boxes (turn 14) to Arquibancadas (turn 15), as if it were the echo from the car passing near the side walls (a la ACC which has this feature), but that does'nt seem to be the intention because otherwise, it would continue to be heard throughout Arquibancadas until turn 1, where the echo is supposed to be more noticeable as it is a narrower corridor with higher walls.
    Another thing that makes me think it's a bug is that this only happens with the Copa Classics that share the same engine sound: Chevette, Gol, Passat, Uno, Fusca's, etc., except for the Puma GTB which is the only car with its own engine sound. I tested other cars from another categories and I haven't been able to reproduce the bug.
    Steps to reproduce: Just start a race, test day or TT with any Copa Classic ay Interlagos and pay attention while passing through Subida dos boxes (turn 14).

14. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

Yep, sadly that's the end result :-(

Cheers.

15. Luciano Santos Filho

Luciano Santos Filho Active Member

Actually, 7m07s in the vídeo from Mike/SR604 one of the AI seem to activate the DRS, keep it activated, but the effect seems WAY less pronounced than in the player's car, if not absent at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

Yes, that's the other thing with DRS. On my testing at Spa, I can overtake the preceding car with DRS open at Kemmel straight when that AI car had his DRS open aswell and unable to overtake his preceding AI.

In general, besides the DRS problem, AI top speed is lower than player's and benefits from a much less slipstream from the preceding AI car than the player has in the same situation.

17. arminglf

arminglf New Member

Track & Layout Used: Spielberg
    Applicable Settings: Day/clear
    Report: Fanatec sign flickering
    Steps to reproduce: Drive any car in cockpit view and look for 2nd Fanatec sign as soon as leaving first turn.

18. arminglf

arminglf New Member

Track & Layout Used: Galeao Airport
    Applicable Settings: Day/clear
    Report: Flickering objects
    Steps to reproduce: Drive any car in cockpit view and look at the distance in the straight before last hairpin. Also the corner of a building is flickering.

19. guidc79

guidc79 New Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Report:
    After the update to version 1.3.5 the screen randomly freezes and the game lags. It happens in every game mode (multiplayer, practice, time trial...). Seems to don't have relation with the number of cars in the track, internet connection or visual effects. And I'm using the same graphic settings from before the update, I don't change it. Sometimes the problem occurs after many minutes playing, sometimes in just two minutes or less.
    Steps to reproduce: Just play a few minutes, and in some moment the problem occurs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. guidc79

guidc79 New Member

I use Crew Chief and Reshade. I've been using these programs even before the update.