1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

hey Michael I agree with tear. It is better to drive with little or even 0 (a matter of taste). But I personally like scrub too much, I'm just missing something when it's set to 0. But it has to fit for you, take it the way you like it. Your idea is very good:)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Danielkart

Stakanov then I can delete everything from yaw in your custom. If there is no more oscillation, I have understood you correctly;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Danielkart

Stakanov I erased everything with yaw. But I still have these extreme oscillations in your custom file:(

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Danielkart

I'm now enjoying Ams2 with the new updates and the fantastic ffb. I need a break from testing just enjoy the sim. nice evening together;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not erase all code @Danielkart (was an example but you are close to it) ... only with your residual code and with error, but in my file you cannot duplicate your situation and your environment because you have to delete half of the rear code, you have to duplicate your error and disable the yaw as in yours, it would not be my file ... but is not a mandatory the use of yaw or part of it, then you can use even with error, my wish is not to criticize you or your file ... it is only to understand what happens ... for me, at this moment, it is clearer what to analyze ... the important thing is to enjoy the game ... and if tomorrow the future files will be without yaw i will be happy for this. ;)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2022
  6. Danielkart

I am very happy that you are making progress through my mistake. That's funny, there seem to be good mistakes too:) I am happy that other users have finally noticed that there are large oscillations. There are reasons why I delete or add certain things. Even if it is sometimes very strange and incomprehensible. I don't know about this custom file from karsten or you, but I have a feeling how it should feel. I'm excited about your custom file and looking forward to testing it tomorrow;)
    good night

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

The oscillation has been known about since the first transition from rfuktor 4.6 to 5.0
    there was a few people brainstorming on it at the time to find obvious solutions.
    but ultimately wasn’t able to be avoided without spoiling feel.
    and being that it wasn’t an issue unless you removed both hands off the wheel it was just something to put up with until such time as karsten and co may find a remedy.

but with more aggressive centre full starting to be used it’s making it more of an issue.

Another issue i’m starting to see is a big variation in tyre models that makes some cars feel very poor with out current scrub and tear setups.

8. AntoAntoDD

AntoAntoDD Member

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum, my son and I have a double workstation at home and I have a DD1 and he a T300 but we don’t like the default or default+ preset because many elastic effect or little informative.
    Then we want try this files and we look the first page but we got confused, what file could we use to start and familiarising myself with the CUSTOM FFB?? o_O
    The last files in the last pages are ok?
    Sorry for bad english…

Regards in advance to all. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Kuku Maddog

welcome to the madness.
    tricky time to join in at the moment though, there’s a number of active experiments going on presently.
    if you can find a Karsten original rfuktor 5.0.1.2 or 3 it would probably be the best place to start.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. AntoAntoDD

AntoAntoDD Member

Thanks Mr @Kuku Maddog ;), i think that we are right then, because for now my son (and friends) with T300 have starting the test i think with the last file 5.0.1.4 from last pages and the file 5.0.1.3 from the 2nd post (the note in the file indicate the original from Mr Karsten) and now they are testing a couples of files from Mr Stakanov if i not mistake with strange name of 5.0.x.x 4W and 5.0.1.4 4W ;)

Tomorrow is my turn with DD1, i am free from work and for now (this night) i only study the forum and the discussion that are very emotive but very formative. :)
    I think that tomorrow i can test the original and the best of files played fron my son with T300 and some others specifics for DD1.

But if i not mistake even you Mr. Kuku have a file for DD but i dont now is it update or no … any other advises??

Thanks and regards

Last edited: Apr 14, 2022
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Kuku Maddog

yes i’ve always had a tune or two available, that only slightly deviates from Karstens but currently need to solidify as since the update the tires on many cars feel weird.
    i think there’s a new tire model or change to the carcass stiffness on new cars that is throwing a spanner in the works. either that or my game needs reinstalled .
    either way something is off at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Will do. Still testing. Will put up when I'm happy.

13. AntoAntoDD

AntoAntoDD Member

After a night of testing on T300 my son expressed his appreciation for @Karsten Hvidberg 's latest file 5.0.1.4 judging it to be clearly superior to Reiza's default and default + presets, much more informative and with less elastic, but he had difficulty only in tuning the grip of the front wheels, any combination of sliders did not seem to improve the situation and the best values tested in the game were these (range): Gain 75-85 LFB 25-45 FX 45-55 DP 0-15.

Later he used the same settings on the other files and the choice focused on 2-3 files modified by @Stakanov (based on version 5.0.1.4 and 5.0.1.3). According to my son with the small different shades between the 2-3 rows, they are the best ever, managing to give not only a clear sense of grip of the front wheels, but also a clear feeling of loss of grip and a remarkable and consistent movement of the car with abundant additional secondary effects that season and do not mind, very very informative then. I don't know if what I am telling you makes sense and if it is shared here.

Now it's my turn with my DD1 and I hope to find a happy solution with the same enthusiasm as my son. :)

Thanks in advance, your advice is always welcome ... it will be a good day of testing. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  14. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Welcome father and son!
    TM TX user here and basically the same preferences both you got.
    Using original Stakanov's tFactor 5-0-1-4 4W.GRIP&STRETCH-MOD
    Slightly different ingame settings: Gain 75 / LFB 0 / FX 30 / DP 30

I think it is fundamental to keep updated wheel drivers.
    The recently added BOOST function remains unclear to me. I've first activated it to only deactivate some days after as the raising temps worried me, as long a suspect of introduced canned effects.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Manolo

Manolo Member

Yes @AntoAntoDD the sensations of his son are not wrong and indeed they are very realistic and in the medium and low range wheels these last Stakanov files are really full-bodied and informative (I have a Logitech G920 base like Stakanov), my values 95-25-65-15 are not applicable to your son's steering wheel (too much gain and perhaps too much lfb and fx for T300) but as a general rule should only be kept under control the maximum force limit to avoid clipping and the necessary but not too high use of the LFB (for low forces), perhaps on T300 and T500 even at 0 to avoid distortions and/or the return of the elastic effect. ;)

To tell the truth lately the files work very well even on the high end, but this is another matter that I cannot deal with, I would risk my life :D

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. AntoAntoDD

AntoAntoDD Member

Wow, thank you for the confirmation and for the important.TM TX detailed information you provided me for my T300. I'm glad to know that the settings found are already close enough to yours that you are much more experienced!! I'll tell my son this afternoon as soon as he gets home. :)

Thanks a lot Mr. @newtonpg ;)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2022
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. AntoAntoDD

AntoAntoDD Member

Thanks @Manolo on DD it seems to me that there are more users with more tunings and with slightly discordant opinions.
    I left with Mr. Karsten and I have to say that I really like it, I still have to be able to find a basic balance on Fanatec software and then on the game.
    We'll see I'll calmly...I'll try as mutch as possibile all DD user files and also Stakanov's file.
    Regard and thanks. :)

18. Danielkart

Hey Manolo you're funny, I think if someone here risks his life then rather me:D Because now I'm coming back with a hammer. I was supposed to just drive and have fun and be quiet. But that's not my way when I see that there is something disturbing. Will write more about it in a moment, and risk my life again :confused:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. Danielkart

I think there is too much stress on the rear axle and therefore on the tires and tire wear on the rear wheels. You can feel it as soon as you drive out of the box at full throttle. Drive 4,5,6 laps and pay attention to tire wear. The temperatures are very high very quickly, and it also goes slower until the tire calms down again. Pay attention to the tire indicators in the game. Maybe I feel that alone again, but for me there is this difference. I don't know what it is, but something is wrong with the tire physics. Stakanov, is it possible that there is still a bug in the 4x4 custom. Maybe a code that is missing or too much?
    You see manolo who is risking his life here:eek:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. Kuku Maddog

In the last update, Reiza changed the visuals of the tire temps , they no longer stay green even when temps are getting high, but transitions through green and yellow before getting to hot orange and cooked red.
    This is just visual, and I believe is dependent on the type of tire also, and may be something that needs ongoing adjustment for different cars.
    We have just become too used to tires that maintain a green colour, and yellow used to mean overheating, but the range of colour is more broad now.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1