1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuel Maps

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Paul Cohen, Apr 16, 2022.

1. Paul Cohen

Paul Cohen Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ok, so we have normal, lean, and rich.

But there's no more information on what they control extactly, like The key to engine mapping in Assetto Corsa Competizione lays out.

Does anyone have any insight into these, and where/what scenarios each setting is best used?

Thanks!

2. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

I did some testing with the Formula Ultimate Gen1 the other day, I don't remember the specifics about differences in fuel consumption between the 3 fuel mixture modes but the differences in lap time are pretty noticeable between the 3 modes.
    For qualifying you definitely want to use rich fuel mixture, the other 2 modes depend on the car you're using and length of the race. I remember a few posts with people mentioning the 2 Formula Ultimates being able to complete a 100% F1 race distance without refueling using rich mixture the entire time.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Paul Cohen

Paul Cohen Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks.

I guess it also has throttle control implemented too, like ACC ECU maps?
    Would lean be best for rain conditions, then, if the power curve is not linear but more exponential?
    Doesn't Reiza have any details on what how the Fuel Maps are actually constructed?

I'm also wondering if they make a difference like aircraft when you have to lean mixture for altitude. Some tracks are in an altitude zone where mixture could make a difference, though I'm unsure of this atm.

Running some tests in the P series today myself.

4. BartZ

BartZ Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The maps are not nearly as "complete" as they are in ACC. It's pretty simple really. All the maps do is reduce throttle at max. 100%, 95% and 90%. That's it.

I only use them if I am running out of fuel. Or you can just not floor the throttle. It will have the same effect.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Would be nice if reiza could make these mappable like all other sims.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Depends on the car. For cars like F-V10G2 & GT3 with realistic assists & default TC enabled I can drive in the rain with rich fuel mix with no problems.

I got ACC a few weeks ago, from what I've seen so far ACC's fuel maps & TC system are more complex than AMS2's.