1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are the priority things to fix?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by jamespoly86, Apr 11, 2022.

1. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

there will always be selfish people who dont give a crap about anything but their own intrest.
    its prolly people who dont even play online but still disagree with you

• Like Like x 1
  2. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I wouldn't fetch such conclusions from a couple of disagree reactions.

A similar "discussion" was around open-wheelers vs GT where conclusions were blown out of proportions and messages misinterpreted just to prove the pointless point.

My feeling is that perhaps the disagreement wasn't for ALL suggestions but maybe for one or two, not multiplayer overall. Even when I play single-player only would love to see multi getting some love as I know that it may be (well, it clearly is!) important to others.

Peace and please stop turning another thread into us versus them because I doubt that's the case here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, it also surprises me that there are no more ;):)

Firstly these are mainly feature wishes and no fixes
    Secondly, 2 and 7 I think are terrible features.
    I don't like being forced in a setup, and I hate racing against drivers joining late,
    (I would like drivers who have not qualified themselves to have to start from the pit)
    I like wish 1
    about the rest I'm not sure if I like it.
    perhaps a vote system to end a session, and all must agree so no one misses it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. MasterLooser

assuming the game had the option to go from race to race, would everyone start from the pits ?
    a race server with the nordschleife would require atleast 20min of qualy, and thats considering ur timed lap is clean otherwise invalided and you start from pits again.

ur view is very narrow, selfcentered and doesnt work for the whole game

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Keep it cool please. Heating up discussions on a personal level isn't the way to go.

You can definetly disagree with someone and stating why you think it is the case, but keep it respectful. Thanks! ;)

6. BartZ

BartZ Active Member AMS2 Club Member

All wheels / dashboards. That's it for me.

PS. I love AMS2 but it's the only sim (to my knowledge) with so many of them not working properly.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Richard Chapman

Richard Chapman Member

AMS2 is a brilliant sim that has come along way in the last 2 years, kudos to the devs and all the team behind the scenes. Still along way to go but all heading in the right direction and the dedication from all involved is second to none.
    Some interesting points in this thread, many valid and very good points and I’m sure some/most of them will be implemented over time.
    I’d like to see the seating position/ cockpit camera feature shown some love. It’s something I have mentioned before both here and in discord. As of now we still only have options for up/down, backwards/forwards that saves automatically. Tilt up/down does not save automatically per car and needs to be adjusted every time when driving a different car. There is no option for move left/right, apart from using Control and K which can then cause all kinds of weird and is only useful for that particular session as it does not save. I’d like to see the option to move seating position/cockpit camera up/down, backwards/forwards, tilt up/down, move left/right then press save and never have to change it again for that particular car unless it’s by choice. Other sims have this option and it makes racing in multiple different races so much easier.
    For example as it stands in AMS2 the player simply cannot race 10 different cars in 10 different races without having to go into a test day session to set the seating position before then having to race with the car, as after every seating position is set the tilt up/down won’t save and then won’t be the same for the next particular car you go to drive.
    Understandably we all have different sim racing equipment, different set up’s as in rigs, desk clamps etc etc and many different people will want many different FOV’s and seating positions which is right for their own particular set up. It would be nice to just be able to set that seating position for every car and then save it as you can in ACC, R3E, AC.
    If this feature is not possible then so be it but it would also be good to know why.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

Especially if you prefer to drive with "real" mirrors it's a PITA to adjust seat position/tilt because mirrors itselves are not adjustable! And i do like maximum headmovement. This you have to calculate too to get the optimal view. Sometimes i'm driving with the clipping driver (what is really an immersion breaker) because otherwise i don't get everything important into view.
    So adjustable mirrors would be very important too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. MasterLooser

they already are if u are using VR

10. Periophtalmus Spintirus

I know but i don't :(

11. MasterLooser

dont want to advertise other games, but try the live for speed mirrors, u will love them :D
    best mirrors in any game (maybe raytraced ones are better, but god i love them) u can also adjust them, but its mainly the realistic perspective that they give u aspecially when moving around (if u have trackir/vr

12. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Tried out LFS in the past, but frankly, that isn't "my" game... ;)

13. MasterLooser

nah nah not talking about the overall game, just the mirrors *drooling*

14. BartZ

BartZ Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Also, seeing reflection of your own car. As things are now I can adjust (in VR of course) say left mirror till I see what's going on to my right. Or at least directly behind me.

15. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

You are missing this point of my post. The options I listed only gives the admin of a dedicated server the option to turn these features ON and OFF for league multiplayer races.
    If a DS admin doesn't change the settings, the multiplayer races would have the default settings where nobody can join after Quali.
    All I'm asking for; is the ability to give the DS Admins the options to change those settings for private races. These are simple but important features for those of us hosting MP races.

If you don't like servers with these features changed; then you don't have to join multiplayer servers with these features changed and just join regular ones. I still don't understand why anyone would be against giving DS Admins the ability to change these features on their private DS servers they use in their leagues.
    Either way there is a whole world of MP racers that could bring a lot of enthusiasm to this game that have basically been turned away and that's a shame.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2022