1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Championship Problem Urgent repair needed.

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Sean Smith, Apr 17, 2022.

1. Sean Smith

Sean Smith Wolf WolfZ AMS2 Club Member

Hi ,just spent 2 hrs researching the Brazil stock car 2022 Championship season and setup a Custom season which added the new airport track all other tracks , times , dates race lengths start times etc. Saved championship after adding each track and after every edit. Heres the Disaster that turned me on fire! after completing the season edit, I pressed the back button to return to main menu and Bang no more season , WTF. This must be a simple fix that is Critical imho. Cheers, look forward to Reiza's response.

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

You have to start and load the season once after editing/creating. After that you can quit and the game will reload the last session you were in, next time.

3. Sean Smith

Sean Smith Wolf WolfZ AMS2 Club Member

I'm aware of this , but if you accidently hit back button It's over and when creating you have to go back & forward saving many time but if go back button twice it's over. That is not normal in my view especially after saving many times edits , so it actually isn't saving anything at all , until you click the Start championship button. I wanted to create the championship but didn't want start a champioship yet , so didn't press start championship, thinking every thing saved because I clicked the save button, , i'll come back later and start my new season, Can you understand why this could be confusing and frustrating and illogical?

So save button is nothing and Start Championship button is the Save button yes ,Okay

Last edited: Apr 19, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

A prompt to warn about not saving the progress would be handy too, especially to avoid a "back by mistake" loss of work.

Being able to save those work in progress championships and resuming building later would be a very welcome addition. Especially since it takes a while to put all the sessions together.

I wouldn't classify that as a top priority issue, bit it's definitely high on quality of life improments.

Anyone mentioned shareable championships yet? :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  5. gdubmx

gdubmx Member AMS2 Club Member

i found if having more than 2 saved season, upon saving the 3rd season it just didnt show for me after competing in 2 races.
    the fix was to locate the championships/career folder and delete older championships which are still saved but dont show in game for some weird reason? Anyway, once you have done that and NOT deleted the latest saves (date modified). Go back in game and you will see them. Not exactly what you are talking about, but this is a similar problem i have found

6. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm not sure if this has been addressed in recent builds but another issue in regards to saved progress in the the past was, if you had to exit a session midway, when you returned at a later time the game would progress to the next session or round.

A saved progression point that continues where you left off, would be optimal but I'll settle with restarting that session.
    Currently, there are no practice sessions either and puts you straight into quali with 2022 Stockcar's.
    It really hurts if you have to exit a race as it will dnf you and proceed to the next round.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

I agree 100%

A workaround there is to first restart the session before leaving. When you then load the championship again, you will be at the start of the session you left before. So lets say you want to quit in the middle of the race, you have to "skip to the end" and then "restart" the race, and after that you can exit the game safely.

• Informative Informative x 1