1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.5.1 Officially RELEASED - Now Updated to v1.3.5.2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 6, 2022.

1. Ricardokil

Ricardokil Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, I'll be straight, because it's an issue that has already been discussed so far, the brakes!
    With the last update, this issue has improved a lot but I think in Stockcar it still needs some adjustment, in Fultimategen2 it needs a bigger adjustment, even with the brake at 65% the car locks the wheels with 30% force on the pedals, I think that's it It's a bit exaggerated for a car like this, since several drivers say that braking a race car is a kick and it relieves, if I do this in Stock and F1 gen2 I will brake and go straight through the curves.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

You do not need to have driven a racecar to immediately knowledge that something is horribly wrong with braking in ASM2. Any little Peugeot on 155x14 tyres brakes better RL than our ingame cars on slicks.This is particulary visible on slow speeds <60km/h with cars like the Group A and older series. We will see what the tyre revision does there, whenever that will be implemented in the future.

Currently it reminds me horribly of road cars in Assetto Corsa that always refuse to stop somehow, no matter how hard you push the brakes. (AC was the first sim that forced me to mount my pedals on a fixed mount,)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I was having issues similar to that and I thought it was locking but I found that increasing front slow rebound and reducing rear helped slow the weight transfer and that helped a lot. It was like the weight in the rear vanished in an instant are the rear came around under braking around the apex. Maybe your issue truly is locking not sure but I thought I'd throw that in in case it helps.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

By the way it is not a coincidence that AMS2 now rivals RF2 in Steamdb player count and the majority of servers going up are the cars with the tire changes.

Can't wait for the improvements to roll out into other cars!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just went in trying to smash the brakes to max input on purpose from 325-330 kph at T1 Nurburgring... Couldn't lock the front tires until I was down to 3rd gear and I run 93% brake pressure and 56% BB in the garage setup.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

How is the 2020-22 Stock Car when you run a test like this?

7. Ettore

Video uploaded with inputs and settings visible... HD still processing

8. Ettore

I tried it in beta on baseline and it was ok. The previous version was super OP on brakes and would lock badly for me too. I have not tried to deliberately lock brakes the way I tried with the F1, but I wouldn't expect a stock car to handle such misuse due to no front downforce

9. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

My question is more, since I don't know anything about the IRL counterparts, are the Stock 20-22 really this loose on acceleration? It's ridiculously easy to light up the rear tires with even a little throttle on optimal temps and I'm just curious if this is what the drivers have to put up with or if it's another "pre-this update braking" situation

10. Divit Beria

Divit Beria Prefer modern cars

Yeah I've never been this gradual on the throttle before the new stock cars lmao

11. Andy Sperber

Andy Sperber Member

HI i also set the brake sensitivity between 10-30% (non load cell brakes), that helps with letting the brakes kicking in later and setting the brake balance with buttons during driving also to get rid of some unwanted fx. Works on most cars perfectly for me.

• Like Like x 1
  12. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Remember as well there are so many factors that affect whether cars lock their brakes or not, which means that you need to be extremely specific about the circumstances. Note that track grip levels, ambient and track temps, tyre and brake temps as well as setup, driving style and equipment as it all makes a difference.

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Vitor Genz is a Stockcar Brasil real driver (he competed and now is a test driver).

He criticized the brakes being too easy to lock, the car's rear being exaggeratedly unstable, but it's overly easy to control when sliding (the real car lose time where the AMS2 gain), the ingame laptimes are way faster than RL, and that Reiza don't pay attention to real tuning options on their virtual models (as the real Stock Car Brasil have only five wing positions, not twenty, or the braking strength that is not tunable and etc).

IMnotHO, I think that OVERALL AMS2 cars are too snappy (it improved a lot, but still...) at the same time that they are very easy to recover... it fells a little arcadish. But Reiza is taking huge steps to fix it, so I don't think it's a lack of objective, but a simple adaptation to this engine. BUUUUUUTTTTT, I really like if they pay more attention reproducing the vehicles real tuning options (at least when it's possible). I don't know if Genz is being accurate, but is believable that a current test driver wouldn't pass wrong info about a model that he is working with in RL. Maybe, following the fact that iRacing also have the SCBr cars, it's time to Reiza do a strong revamp on this vehicles... because it's a matter of honor, considering that this is kinda of the AMS2 main category and the sim is the official Stockcar Brasil game's heir.

Abração!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Ettore

Looking at the date, I think this video was made before the latest revamping for v1.3.5.x versions of cars, tires and brakes ;)
    IIRC he made a second video at Galeao after the latest modifications to tires and brakes and he said the outstanding complain is now the car being a bit to touchy when accelerating from slow speed. :D

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  15. BadEngineer

BadEngineer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The on-power oversteer he fixed by tweaking the setup (reduced clutches one click) and after that he had nothing but good things to say about the car.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The video is outdated.

This is the one on the new carcass. (Which is a strong revamp)

• Like Like x 9
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Luke Blum

Luke Blum Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This was also my experience to fix it as well, last weekend.

18. Tim Driscoll

Tim Driscoll New Member

Good to see! Thank you for these fixes. I had been recently critical about persistent bugs going unfixed while new content is being rolled out so I feel like it's only fair if I'm going to be a vocal critic, to give vocal credit when I see good work done. Bug fixes aren't sexy. I get it... I'm a software engineer myself. While they wont move units on their own, the product is already pretty fantastic. Get these issues under control and you've got yourself a world beater of a sim...

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

As I said, Reiza is aways improving the physics, but I really want that they do a (much) better job at least trying to get closer to the real models tuning options. If feels like a concept flaw... one of the few they commit.

20. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's still incredibly slidey. At somewhere like Velo Citta, 90% of the lap is spent either spinning the wheels out of slow corners of drifting sideways into them. You even get wheel spin in third gear here and there is basically nowhere that the car feels settled. You alternate between bad understeer into bad oversteer.

• Agree Agree x 1