1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want REAL multiplayer !!!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Germano Cervini, Apr 18, 2022.

1. Germano Cervini

Germano Cervini Member

when a "multiplayer" at the height of Rfactor 2 will be released; Raceroom ?, with a weekly program ?, why is multy still so horrendous?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't think Reiza doesn't realise the need for a decent multiplayer experience. It's been mentioned here (and other channels too) countless times and clearly seems being a one of the biggest areas where work is required.

My gut feeling is that either:
    • It's currently being heavily addressed but given the scope of changes cannot be released in parts,
    • It's not addressed yet as it's awaiting for something else to be developed first as it'll need to be readressed again after that feature is developed,
    • It's currently being addressed but Madness Engine implementation requires humongous amounts of rewrites so it's a massive undertaking and timescales are very vague,
    • Finally, it could be that Reiza doesn't spend their resources on this at all and Madness Engine has been used for another cash grab ;)
    Also, rF2 multiplayer, especially from the admin standpoint is not that great either :rolleyes:

I suppose a series of weekly challenges would keep the multi occupied and should be relatively small effort, but not denying that there's a whole bunch of improvements to be made there.

3. Germano Cervini

Germano Cervini Member

are you telling me that REIZA, maybe they won't work on multy ?, it would be a disaster for us lovers of this wonderful simulator !!!, I spent a lot to finance them, but if they never work on multiplayer the same as the other simulators, I will have to give up and ninth will have no future, I hope you are wrong!

4. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

They will surely work on MP but there are clearly other priorities first in their very big list of things to do and fix before serious time and effort can be dedicated to the improvement of MP. I wouldn't be surprised if it all happens after the Season Pass 2020-22 and Career mode content is done, released and polished.

To add though, it could be that either the devs also need to learn more about netcode coding in the Madness Engine dev kit, or, worst case, need to hire someone who will be able to.

It is what it is... for now.

• Like Like x 2
  5. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

And I want icecream that is as tasty and as 'healthy' as the real deal, but has no calories nor nasty side-effects.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2022
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

u are comparing something that exists to something that doesnt exist
    multiplayer/netcode isnt some unsolvable topic that noone ever tried to touch

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I will repeat myself for the 1000th time: Reiza could pick one of them, do a partnership and make it available in the game UI.

These third-party systems are functional and fill the void we online players have had for the last 2 years, but for whatever reason they are absolutely empty. If there is demand and there is supply, how come they are not taking off?

My guess is lack of publicity indeed, but most importantly: "officiality".

I suspect Reiza wants to do something among those lines, but they are overloaded with other things to do and this one feature is a little complex to tackle as of now.

For now, we just drift in time, hopping from one lobby to another, purposeless.

9. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Why not all of them at once, in a ‘live’ sub-menu as there is in content manager for assetto corsa.

I also forgot to mention SimRacing-GP : Race the Challenges (Not to be confused with The home of competitive sim racing which is also planning to host ams2 events)

10. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

The problem with those 3rd party sites for me is, and please correct me if I'm wrong, that those are scheduled races, so for example you have to commit to race next sunday at 4 PM. I don't know what I'll be doing tomorrow, noneless next sunday at 4 PM :). It's the same problem as to join a league for me: I don't have the needed time.

In my opinion, we need daily scheduled races each hour, being officially sponsored by Reiza themselves, or by a third party. It's something Sim Racing System is offering since couple years ago for different sims, but for AMS2 there are only a couple daily races scheduled somehow.

11. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

I think most people stay away from multiplayer because multiplayer is lacking in a lot of ways. And then no effort gets put into multiplayer because there is a very tiny number of racers who take part in multiplayer. It's a sad self fullfilling prophecy. It's also why I believe, the game isn't as popular as it could be.

I've constantly made suggestions to help improve the multiplayer aspect of the game, let's hope at some point the Devs find the cycles to implement some of those suggestions because the game has so much more potential to attract a lot of racers.

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. Budgetek

Budgetek Active Member AMS2 Club Member

MP sucks big time and is probably worst of all major sims. Its a shame but I have lost any hope it would be improved any time soon. Deep down on the priority list.

• Agree Agree x 5