Slow bump / fast bump

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Frederik, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Frederik

Frederik New Member

Hi all

First of, please do not mind to move my topic when it would be in the wrong place.

Now my question: I am pretty new to car sim racing. And even though I have my steering wheel for nearly 3 years now, I barerly find the time to do some racing. I got 40hrs on the record since I bought the game September 2016 and Automobilista is the only car sim I play atm. So my question might be stupid ;-).

But when is it setup wise a slow bump/rebound and a fast bump/rebound? What is the exact border?

In Mx Simulator, a motocross game I've been playing since '09 we got this graph to see what suspension movements are classified as high speed or low speed. So I wonder if there's a way in automobilista to see the same.
    [​IMG]

Thanks in advance :)

2. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

Not really a scientific answer, but as a rule of thumb slow would be ones would dampen weight transfer (when accelerating /braking / cornering) and fast ones are more for sudden and high impacts on the wheels. But yes, not really a scientific answer.
    Probably what you ask could be read from telemetry.

3. Jyri Kettunen

Jyri Kettunen Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Also a rule of thumb is that the dampening values for the fast side are a half of the slow. One needs to use real values (player.ini edit, IIRC) instead of clicks to get it right.

4. Frederik

Frederik New Member

Is there a way to see telemetry from Automobilista?

Thx already for the informative replies :)

5. Vitor

Vitor Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, there is at least one plugin which generates motec files (I don't have a link for it, but I believe it is the same that can be used with rfactor1)

6. Kevin Peat

Kevin Peat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

7. Frederik

Frederik New Member

Thanks!! We can go on for a weekend of testing stuff :D