1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any plans to add clutch temp or damage levels to the shared memory header?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by TechAde, Mar 14, 2022.

1. TechAde

TechAde New Member

Currently there doesn't appear to be any way to monitor clutch temperature or damage levels, are there any plans to add this info to the shared memory API so they can be picked up by plugins or external apps?

2. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I didn't notice the clutch wear, can we burn the plates?

3. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Yep. Depends on the car of course. Good example is the Corvette C3R. If you're not careful shifting gears the clutch will start slipping the the high HP range of your engine and will get worse from there.

• Informative Informative x 3
  4. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

This was added in the last update. it's in the readme. Engine heat build-up was also changed, it is much easier top coock up the engines now. This reminds me of what my master craftsman once said about his rally career in a FIAT 128 Rally in the 70's. "we drove it by thermometer not by speedometer".

Last edited: Mar 16, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

FYI in case you missed it. The latest update added this to the header.

You can see:
    • Clutch temperature in Kelvin. Absolute zero means that damage is not implemented (to be done to very near most if not all cars soon!). I can promise you that no car will reach absolute zero otherw
    • Clutch wear from 0.0 to 1.0. Note that overall torque capacity degradation also comes from overheating and that the clutch will start slipping way before wear hits 1.0.
    • Clutch overheated, true or false. This is true if clutch temperature is beyond the point at which it loses performance and wears much quicker. And more is more. This is just to signal that the starting point in temperature has been crossed. Also depends on the clutch.
    • Clutch slipping, true or false. This being true means that the clutch will slip for sure when you apply full engine torque.

• Informative Informative x 3
  6. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@oez
    I think you can see clutchwear wear like, 0.0, 0.1, 0.2, etc. till it hits 1.0. You can do some math to make it translate to % or so.

7. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

i'd imagine that means its currently slipping, like in this very moment, similiar to how TC is active when its actually preventing slip

8. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Yes that is what I meant by 0.0 to 1.0 :D.

I can verify that it means a slipping clutch i.e. can't hold maximum torque. You're right though that it could also mean what you said. The point is to warn the driver about it as it may be temporary from overheating and thus can prevent terminal damage by limiting throttle for a while (if the shared mem implementator wants to do this kind of feature somehow).

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. TechAde

TechAde New Member

Thanks, I had missed that!