1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

For me it is 100% undriveable. There seem to be different opinions and attitudes here. It's also possible that Fanatec did it the other way around, as rob described it. strange for dd owners it seems to work very differently

2. Danielkart

I also know of different experiences from dd owners. Seems like it works 80-100% for some and 10-30% for others. strange phenomenon

3. Danielkart

Wheel settings:
    Sen Auto
    FF 90
    Dri -02
    Fei 50*
    For 100
    Spr Off
    Dpr Off
    Sho 100
    BrF 70

In game:
    Gain 55
    LFB 10 (+/- 5 depending on car)
    FX 35
    Damping 50 (+/- 10 depending on car)

*I find having the FEI setting lowered on the wheel and higher FX in game gives a better feel. Higher FEI values bring in a kind of high frequency buzzing for me.

4. Danielkart

this was from a csw 2.5 owner at the very beginning of this thread. And with my dd1 it's even more extreme. The problem seems to have existed for a long time, but that simply means either setting it up or setting it down. Then it should suit everyone:)

5. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Fanatec settings are like a foreign language I just don't understand. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Rob Davies

Rob Davies Bobby Dazzler AMS2 Club Member

From what I read, FEI is smoothing from the wheel - hence me wanting it off. That’s 100% for my DD1 but seems it’s 0% for others. The original feature announcement on fanatec forums suggests 0% was no smoothing (in 2017!).

either way, I still stand by the “let the file do the work” on smoothing rather than wheel. 10% (smoothing) does help allleviate the ‘whine’ Daniel mentioned on the DD1’s but I don’t notice it behind the game noises in my headset and happy to know I’m getting 100% of the detail.
    Perhaps it’s different for belt wheels…

7. dougdude

dougdude New Member

Hey all, curious what is recommend for a T300. I had a brief convo with @Kuku Maddog in another thread and it sounds like he's moved up in the world to a DD!... happy for him! I'm still rocking the T300 so I'm curious if I should just use stock default + or whatever they call it now or try something out with silver raw? I've been away for so long and haven't kept up with the developments here... let alone AMS2 itself.

Thanks,
    Doug

8. AntoAntoDD

AntoAntoDD Member

In this post you can download last @Stakanov file in version 2.0 … for T300-T500 you can use the YAW version …. the file is very very nice!!! ;)

Last edited: Apr 22, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  9. GTR886

GTR886 New Member

DD2 New Setting,

Can you guys share your DD2 Setting for the new custom file?

10. Divit Beria

Divit Beria Prefer modern cars

Whats the universally loved file here for a T150? Been looking for something fresh since default+ seems too muted.

11. Lars Mars

Lars Mars Member

lazy people

12. Manolo

Manolo Member

If you look at a few posts above there are just the settings for the DD1, I don't think those for the DD2 are very different from them, regarding the file to use you could start from the original one of Karsten rFuktor version 5.0.1.4,
    https://forum.reizastudios.com/attachments/ffb_custom_settings-txt.20200/

or use the latest by Danielkart which for DD1 would seem the most famous (use search), or the latest by Stakanov in the NO YAW version and if you don't like you can insert the values for DD or Alternatives indicated in the file.

The same .... or the original last rFuktor 5.0.1.4
    https://forum.reizastudios.com/attachments/ffb_custom_settings-txt.20200/

or two posts above your request was communicated what to use for a T300-T500 ... I think it is also the best best choice for you today with T150.

13. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi all, I've noticed something similar since one of the updates, especially in the stock car 2022 it's like driving over equally spaced cattle grids on the straights..
    Lowering micro bumps helped for me but this is using my old modded file, newer files may be different.

14. Dazza83

Dazza83 New Member

Yep def keep it at 100% like you said when you drop it you loss detail.

Fanatec <- this gives you a good understanding what all settings do.
    Automobilista 2 (PC) - Fanatec Recommended Settings <- always found fanatec tuning base settings are a good baseline to start with

15. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

Hell
    hello

fellow TSPC owner here so do you mind sharing file and in Game settings?

16. Danielkart

I can confirm. It was the same with me. But I was able to correct it. Maybe that's good to know for Stakanov and his guys who are testing? It has nothing to do with the dt_value, I think this value should only be one value. Also, lowering the texture_scale doesn't help. For me it was worth texture_vibes. I think it was set close to 0, I increased it to 0.6. That was the solution for my custom, I don't know how it is with yours. You can try and test it. Regards

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Danielkart

Unfortunately I can not confirm. Fanatec settings are from 2020 and edited 2021. FX in game suggests a value of 0, which is totally wrong. No problem, of course, if you like it and are happy with it;)

18. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree @Danielkart for one only dt (or 1/300 or 1/333), and ok even for the texture vibration 0, I will insert a new variable between the choices in the file FFB V2.1 and recommend it in the alternative values or in the advices for DD/High (becouse in med/low end i not feel problem with this) ... ;)

But I still have a doubt for what is this noise that others feel in the last files 5.0.1.3/5.0.1.4 but that Michael does not warn on my 5.0.X.X GRIP Mod (V1.0) and why...... in low/med end not feel anything in all versions, I don't even know if we're talking about the same thing (tear, scrub or others) ... @Michael Enright could you try in my V2.0 this latest test/modification and again sorry for disturbing???

Insert this "#" in this lines...... i now that this like to Daniel but this is another one of the few differences to V1.0 to V2.0....

#(FL_scrub (* FL_scrub (blend (abs RL_scrub) 1 0.3)))
    #(FR_scrub (* FR_scrub (blend (abs RR_scrub) 1 0.3)))
    (RL_scrub (* RL_scrub (blend (abs FL_scrub) 1 0.3)))
    (RR_scrub (* RR_scrub (blend (abs FR_scrub) 1 0.3)))

19. Dazza83

Dazza83 New Member

i said base tune settings. not ingame settings. FX is a personal thing I understand why fanatec would want them off.

But looking at your base tune settings and how they work, Def think you have gone in the wrong direction, would look at using fei at 100. using NDP and INT

20. mdecker79

mdecker79 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

All of the base settings are a personal preference to what feels right to them as there is no wrong way if it feels right.

I used to run FEI at 100 but read on here that some others turned it down so I gave it a try.

I actually like it around 70 as it makes the tires feel a bit more rubbery when driving.

• Like Like x 1