1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F1 Gen2 is attracting many players - more F1 is needed

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by MarcoMd, Apr 26, 2022.

1. Jason Bradshaw

Jason Bradshaw Member

There's a real possibility of rivalling F122 for sim enthusiasts here. If we can get more current F1 tracks and update the pit animations, matching clothing liveries etc. The new F122 has VR on the ego engine and if that's no good alot of people will gravitate towards AMS2 if the presentation is more refined

2. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

Moderns tracks would be fine : Melbourne, Singapour, Mexico

3. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's hard to say the effect never lasts long when it's going on 5 months now...

A few more nice updates and there's a good chance AMS2 will overtake PC2 by their 2 year anniversary at the end of June (I don't count EA).

Current F1 tracks that fit the Reiza model (i.e. historic layouts): Zandvoort, Mexico, Paul Ricard

4. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe but I would rather have some other gem that is not commonly represented in many of the sims.

5. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Funnily enough I like PR, especially with the multiple layouts that it has.

6. TronLi

Is there a way to see the most popular tracks on the F1 leaderboards like the old PC2 leaderboards? I would be surprised if the most popular tracks aren't already in the game tbh.

Of course during a GP weekend it's going to be the current track but otherwise it's probably Monza, Spa and Silverstone.

7. MarcoMd

MarcoMd Member

anyway, if someone here want to contact to organize some nice match.. make a group for F1 cars..
    if we play in a track that we know good the game is very funny (especially in vr)..
    i just remember some days ago.. i started at n.2 position in monza and is not that they not slow down good in the firs sector, some they totally not stop.. but this time was lucky ! they pushed me so strong that my car jumped and i remained alone in the first position.. my car just went straigh and jumped all and landed in the street !
    some they confuse AMS2 in Destruction Derby

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Apex

Apex Active Member

Lotus 25 era stuff could be fun, but then we'd need some appropriate tracks, and I think this would really be niche within a niche within a niche and wouldn't attract a lot of new players. Personally I think something like late '60s/early '70s Formula Ford could be awesome with the modern club tracks. I mean people do that IRL too, but again it's niche.

I think we have F1 well covered in terms of cars but more tracks and historic versions are always welcome. Early '70s Nürburgring and Spa are coming up and I guess one could spend well over a year having fun with just those.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. MarcoMd

MarcoMd Member

yeah more track is the first thing i think..
    when i found 1.000 players online was after Imola and many playing Imola..
    u know u see the F1 in tv and than u wanna play !
    so what will happen next week?
    they will play in Miami in Assetto Corsa to feel the Miami race.. i think.
    Actually i see that in AMS2 there's a website that did some nice car (mod) like Ferrari gto 250, ferrari 430, lamborgini, aston martin and others..
    So would be nice if they do also tracks, they did cars (maybe converted from PC2) but no track at all.. maybe is blocked and only Reiza can develop?
    would be nice if community can do and than will be totally different i think

10. jmac_the_man

jmac_the_man Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Forgive me if I'm wrong about this, but isn't one of the Formula Trainers supposed to approximate an unlicensed Formula Ford?

11. mansell

mansell Member

there was not 1000 players "online" (???) in last year.
    all time steam players peak was 1150 (on release)
    2021 steam players peak was 988 in late november.
    the steam players peak for 2022 was 932 at march 31.
    steam peak players after F1 Gen2 release till today was 909 at april 14
    this means that F1 Gen 2 attracted 23 less players than 2022 (march 31) record.
    in fact, on sunday 24/04 (2022 emilia romagna F1 grand prix at imola), AMS2 24hrs peak steam players was 902 (30 less than 2022 record and 7 less than post F1 Gen2 release record)
    check the facts here
    https://steamdb.info/app/1066890/graphs/

Last edited: Apr 30, 2022
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. Apex

Apex Active Member

No, I think you're quite right. I think the Trainers resemble 2010-ish Formula Fords. They are very nicely modelled and fun to drive.

I was referring to historic FF cars like the ones these gentlemen drive:

13. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Formula Trainers

"Formula Trainers is a semi-fictional category that is likely based on Formula Ford."

An F-Trainer Classic of sorts without licensing would be a possibility or we could simply drive the F-Vees xD

• Like Like x 2
  14. TronLi

I was going to reply to this thread earlier but ended up reading about Formula Ford for hours lol. There are a huge number of championships all around the globe. In the US they run at the club level and there is also a series that is the first ladder on the "Road to Indy."

It would be cool if we could get a 2.0L engine option added to the Formula Trainer!

• Like Like x 2