1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BTCC/Le Mans/Indycar in AMS2? Motorsport Games Problems?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by eddhartley, Apr 12, 2022.

1. RDG

RDG Active Member

rFactor Pro and rF2 are totally different beasts.

2. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So some simracing Youtubers are now Business Analysts too. Cool. Some people should stay in their lane.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
  3. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Looks like the BTCC license now is coming to good use in rFactor 2:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Dan44AFCB

Dan44AFCB Member AMS2 Club Member

Because rf2 has such a great hybrid system for the 2022 cars. :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If these acquisitions allow these licenses to appear in other games this would be a huge win for sim racing. I think motorsport organizations in general need to push this type of thing more (looking at you DTM and Super GT).

6. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Hey, that could mean they finally implement a hybrid system for when the 2022 cars are released. They'll probably need it for the LM Hypercar class as well.

7. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

Exactly.

And rF2 already has amazing gamepad support.

8. GodzillaGTR

I think this would be a good time for MSG to repackage RF2 in some way. The base content imo isn't good enough. If you take away mods, paid dlc and abandoned ISI content there isn't much there, especially track wise.
    The most popular content in simracing is paid DLC in RF2 which wouldn't be a big problem... if I didn't have to own every single car in the DLC to be able to join a server. I fear with this new dlc will do the same irritating things they have done in the past: release cars... then later release a pack... then later release more cars and make them part of the pack so that all the other people who owned the cars before now have to buy a single car, even if they hate it, to be able to continue to race in say a league. It is a poor model and I don't see how you can even defend it.
    The new UI is (I feel) finally up to par and not a hindrance to the game, but the management, installation and tweaking of the game is offputting for new drivers. Should MSG declare bankruptcy/insolvency or whatever, it is possible RF2 can live on, but I certainly don't expect some company to swoop in and snatch up a now 15 year old physics engine with a tiny userbase and not much growth potential. It's fantastic to drive but I just don't see much potential if MSG/S397 keep doing what they are doing.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

These are 2021 cars, they will introduce 2022 once they sort their hybrid physics out (which they will need to do for lmh/lmdh)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

I understand that, but then tell us how to make 13 old game alive? It's not AMS2 with 3 years cycle. You need to earn some money every year. rF2 is my most expensive game I have ever had but it always satisfy me. Only comparable model has R3E and it's very similar.

11. rmagid1010

I think they hope that dlc sales will raise enough funds to finance rf2 developement. Obviously motorsport games has ruined all of the financials so fingers crossed rf2 will out-survive motorsport games

• Like Like x 1
  12. GodzillaGTR

I don't think it can be a hit and that was sort of what I was saying. Re-packaging it would give it some hope but some RF2 fans seem to think or hope that if things go bad for MSG that some other publisher will snap them up. Looking at it from a business standpoint it makes no financial sense to do so. As good as RF2 is, there is still a lot of work needed for it to be on the level of modern sims and the fact it is moddable makes it an unattractive dinosaur in the sim world. This is just my opinion and I actually like the game.

13. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

Yes, it's problematic. Only good thing is I will have BTCC content in my favorite sim. :D Hard to say what future will bring. They started BTCC game so at least the content could be sold for few pennies. Maybe somebody will release the game, maybe not.

I love rF2 mods, it's where the sim shine.

14. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

MotorsportGames postoponed their BTCC game for 2023 so instead of loosing 21/22 BTCC cars/tracks licenses they are releasing those cars/tracks for rF2 as DLC which makes sense because:
    - BTCC 2023 game will be based on rF2 physics and UE5 engine, releasing 21/22 cars on rF2 gives more time to develop cars physics before moving to 23 season...
    - if the 2023 game will be aborted they can still release it as DLC like they are doing with 21/22 season

While this sounds like a good B plan the question is ...will it work?
    S397 is trying it's best but they are so slow...

15. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That is all assuming that MSG doesn't go belly up first. If they do then all sims under their banner may be lost for good.

16. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Yep but once on your account the game and the DLC will sit there nevertheless.

17. nyrmetros

nyrmetros New Member

Current IndyCars would be great. But those Champcars are epic!

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

True

19. Gary_S

Gary_S Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I tried to use RF2 for my LMP racing fix offline, but the game is so damned bugged that I gave up. Trying to set-up an offline championship is painful and I did go down the route of using the plug-in tools to create something, but it is not worth the time. Safety car bugs, invisible walls, inconsistent FFB between cars....the whole thing is a mess.

As for RFactor Pro, in its current state, it bears little resemblance to RF2 now. They are two entirely seperate entities. The only thing they share/d was being built on the ISI engine from RF1.
    The guy responsible for RFPro deals only with auto manufacturers on a case by case basis and licenced/licenses the ISI engine.
    The physics in RF2 are not equal to the physics in RF Pro. RF Pro is coded on a case by case basis, based off manufacturer input. Only shared thing is the engine.

20. rmagid1010