1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

It’s just for removing situations where the torque stayed in the wheel when pausing mid load.

i tested to see if it might have been able to reset files changes , but it doesn’t work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Kuku Maddog

My new file will be a lot smoother tire feel. and i’ve been tuning everything towards the new model for last few weeks but still works fine for older.

i’m at stage of only tweaking and testing micro changes and i’m testing loads of cars before settling on things.

I’m going for a one and done approach and only need to decide on a couple of things but have to balance messing with it and devoting time to other things i’m so in game.

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Lars Mars

Lars Mars Member

I also using a simucube and also get this jolt when spinning

4. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Have been using this file also , definitely one of the best for high torque wheels . I think it might just be that it's a fairly heavy load constantly with this file , needs to be to create the dampened rubber resistance feel that it has , overall gain will probably be the only way to soften the jolt at the end of a spin .

• Like Like x 1
  5. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

My last changes have once again brought me very good insights. There were always discussions about what is better Scrub_threshold or tear_threshold higher or lower? That has definitely become clear to me now. Scrub_threshold should come earlier even very early. Tear_threshold later and the difference should be greater. Try to swap my new values, you will notice this enormous difference immediately. I'll post it right away

6. Danielkart

You see my values are now 0.05 for scrub and 0.5 for tear. Try it yourself if you swap the values. Your concerns about the strong power when standing still? I don't see any problem we have dd with enormous powers, and if it takes me off the track then hands off. This is also the case in reality

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  7. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Guys, I have a question regarding the process of 'replacing' the FFB file, not sure if I'm doing this correctly.
    I delete the 'old' file and copy your custom file into the folder, but AMS2 creates a new file when I restart the game. Now in the opening post I think you're suggesting that AMS2 only creates a new file if I delete the custom one again.

8. Lars Mars

Lars Mars Member

Hey Daniel,
    This is not when going off-track. Just when you spin on track and when the spin ends there is a big jolt in the opposite direction of the countersteering that you were trying to do for the spin.

9. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Shouldn't Scrub, as it comes first, be of a higher frequency, followed by a Tear of a lot lower frequency? Haven't driven a real race car so this is only a thinking out loud type of thing.

10. Michael Enright

You have to make sure that the file you put your Documents Folder is the same name as what is already there. ffb_custom_settings.txt

11. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

Question about oscillations. Yesterday I noticed on my simagic alpha mini that if I let go of the steering wheel while driving it oscillated to left and right. This is with custom, but also default(+) FFB. Now using the search option, I see a mention of these oscillations. Is this the same problem? So if you let go of the wheel you see it moving by itself left and right? I was wondering if it had anything to do with the wheel, since I don't have any other sims installed at the moment, I could not test it in other games.

12. Kuku Maddog

I don’t think it’s confined to the Simagic, it’s quite a common issue across most wheels .
    It’s mostly with the high speed , high downforce cars for me, the compression of the force’s with the downforce really narrows the centre..
    there’s somethings we can do to help, and I’ve got it to be less of an issue recently but there’s always a trade off in terms of feel and response, but I’ve found a little hack in the settings that helps. But it will depend on your settings. I will explain this in conjunction with my next file update.
    But ultimately one should not remove both hands of the wheel at 200 kph in any case.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. ricxx

The thing is, the default FFB file I have in my folder does not have the txt extension and is just named 'ffb_custom_settings'. Must be the issue then.
    Is there a recommendation also for in-game settings like fx and dampening that go with your files? I'm asking because Fanatec recommends on their forums to keep all that at 0.

14. Michael Enright

Yeah it has to have the .txt extension. ffb_custom_settings.txt As for settings, it will depend on what base you have, what settings you have on that base, the wheel you use and how you like the wheel to feel. Prob no 2 people like the exact same settings. Best thing to do is play with one setting at a time to see what each does for you. What wheelbase and wheel do you have?

• Like Like x 3
  15. EsxPaul

EsxPaul New Member

It could be that you don't have file extensions enabled. Double check that, just in case.

show-or-hide-file-extensions-in-windows-explorer.png

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

I already get these small oscillations when driving slowly, they are quick short movements left and right. Perhaps it is just the engine vibration that you see?

17. ricxx

I'm on the CSL DD

Thank you sir, will have to check that.

18. Danielkart

Hey Michael! It will always be a simulation and never reality. But I try to simulate reality as best as possible. But it's obvious if you reverse the values, you won't be left behind for long. Because the process is wrong, I think every dd1/dd2 owner can confirm that. Maybe it's not felt at belt bases, that can definitely be the case michael:)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Danielkart

sorry about the english (google translation) I meant you won't be happy if you reverse the values. You will notice it well in the curves. The difference is like day and night greetings

• Like Like x 1
  20. Danielkart

Hello Lars! Ah, now I see what you mean. No , I have no solution , sorry ;)