1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.6.2 Officially RELEASED

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 30, 2022.

1. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Got 45 mins to spare before band rehearsal and was thinking about what to try next out of the updated cars. Just found this!

Mind totally made up!!!

• Like Like x 13
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's not so much the level of grip in the tyre as it is the imbalance in the car. The 23 was supposed to be a 2-seater conversion of the single seat Lotus 22 formula junior. And footage of those cars and other variants of the 23 don't show this horrible chronic understeer.

That said, I know this clip is a bit atypical compared to other footage of *this car. These things are pretty valuable now, so not many are willing to push them to the absolute limit. Setup tweaks can mitigate a bit of the issue, and extreme brake bias settings can get it to feel much more nimble, but the mid corner and corner exit behavior expose the underlying lack of front bite.

Last edited: May 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I hope some day, eventually, the newer Ultima models will make their way into AMS 2 :)

• Agree Agree x 7
  4. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Since the Ultima is mentioned, is the ride height bug fixed in RC?

5. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

AMS2 has so many great and unique cars, it would be great if REIZA would expand the content.
    Maybe a Ferrari F40, a Lambo Countach, some more Lotus, Alpine and Matra cars, and many more.....

• Like Like x 4
  6. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh yes Reiza, give me F40 and Countach and Zandvoort and I promise I'll never ask for anything else (...until the next update :D;)).

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

How do people here find the Formula Reiza’s handling on RC? Just curious for opinions.

8. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Absolutely terrible. The front tyres have no bite and you have to drift around to get it to turn.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Raphael Camelo

Raphael Camelo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

No

10. gixxerovios

gixxerovios New Member

Tried the C8R in Road America and i don't like the road effects at all...

I think due to the new tires the road effects are very exaggerated and it seems that nothing can be done to fix it. I tried lowering the pressures, lowering the FX in ffb and softer springs/dampers, with no success.
    You feel the wheel vibrating horribly on the straights. The effect seems to be much worse when driving the C8R than the BMW...

Any ideas?

11. EmilG

EmilG Member AMS2 Club Member

Are you on fanatec gear? This was happening to me, I just turned my FEI down a little and also went one step down on drift and the on centre grinding feeling was completely gone.

I really do hope Reiza will come out with an updated FFB guide. It would really help so many people that are struggling to find the right settings.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Agreed, at times you really feel like you are there doing it. Felt like I was wrestling with a boar in that race, gets loose but you can hold it, amazing.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Tiago Ribeiro

Tiago Ribeiro You must first finish AMS2 Club Member

Agree. FEI at 20 resolved this issue - at least for me. DD1 user.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Hi! I agree this is exactly the same for me. Look in my custom file for the Fanatec settings. There are bases that appear to have the FEI value reversed. That's why my custom file says 20%FEI or 80%FEI Grüße von Daniel

Addendum: This is a "problem" with Fanatec bases, felt even more severely with dd than with fanatec-belt bases. Just try to find your best FEI value and this grind will go away

Last edited: May 6, 2022
  15. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I thought the (random) changes in damage profiles was fixed, but the damage profiles in the strategies are still messed up while using/editing my strategies in the ICM menu during a race

16. Tarmac Terrorist

After a quick 30mins with this last night before rehearsal I can certainly say, these are feeling fecking amazing!!!!!

• Informative Informative x 2
  17. Tarmac Terrorist

What was the bug, not familiar with this one? But can say the car feels better than ever, as are most of them in this RC build!:)

18. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

This

Nice

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. gixxerovios

gixxerovios New Member

No i am on TS-PC...
    By the way, i only turned off the Damping in the driver.

20. Tarmac Terrorist

Ah, no wonder I did'nt know! See i was using the Ultima Race (which does'nt seem to have that problem) however I've not tried the Ultima Street for ages and had no idea it had this problem as ages ago it did'nt, check out this video I made in January of last year, skip through to 1.39 and you'll see me driving the ultima from trackside cam.

As you'll see it was fine back then, but i've not tried the street car in ages so I just loaded AMS2 up just now and tried it and sure enough, that ride height is now looking like its set up for offroad!!! When did this bug start to happen?

I think street cars might be a catergorie for attention soon as they've not recieved any attention for a while, for instance the Mclaren F1 has a top speed 240mph, try taking that to Galeao and bombing it down the airstrip, it maxes out well before that, cant get much more than 200 maybe 210 from what I remember. Anyway cheers for bringing this to my attention mate!

• Like Like x 1