1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.6.2 Officially RELEASED

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 30, 2022.

1. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

I'm gonna call it; this is one of those cases where something will pop up, some revelation of certain parameters that were off for whatever reason. Then when rectified, all of a sudden it'll all make sense. I have faith...

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Leynad

Leynad Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

They just look stable because the driver can handle the cars and keeping them calm and understeering seems the trick to keep them on the track and the tyre-wear in check. Ken Block was spinning in the first corner while trying one.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not sure if it was posted, but Renato giving comments here:

• Like Like x 1
  4. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

1h long? Nice, fits very well with my 8 km run routine, and its on Spotify even :D

5. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, you need to take your time on them - slow all your inputs, let the car settle before getting on the power etc. It's a very counterintuitive, trying less hard is way quicker - my lap times have came down. But they still feel off, feels like the front wheel tucks in under lock, caster issue maybe - who knows, and can't seem to get the damping right - they seem to have much more body roll than the real cars.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Leynad

Leynad Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Haven't you seen the video I posted. Yes, the inside front-tyre tucks in or rather lifts up. Have you tried them with this update on default? Feels much stiffer than before and IMO very forgiving to drive, while it also looks planted in the replay. The trick to get fast is actually simple: Just do everything a bit earlier than with other cars and use the throttle-oversteer to rotate the car often even before the apex. Most people probably have exit-oversteer because they are braking and accelerating too late. Once getting used to it, this spool-'diff'-handling is quite predictable and intuitive.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 7
  8. Chin

Chin Member AMS2 Club Member

I feel a similar behavior. ...it's a bit like inverted FFB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

I can't really say I agree with that.
    With default AI in a 22 car field the Porsches are clearly the weakest with normally only 1 or 2 cars in the top 10 on most tracks bar the really high altitude ones, the Mercedes clearly the best with 1-2 out of top 10 and usually on all of the first 3-4 places and the Mclaren inbetween them.
    It is really difficult to get a custom AI working, as I have to reduce the Mercs so much on some tracks that you can't set the normal AI value high enough to get them fast enough to be up to speed.

But I am glad it's being looked at.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Budgetek

Budgetek Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I also have very strange spins on downshifts. Hard for me to believe that any racing car with sequential shifting would behave like this IRL. Am I supposed to blip when downshifting?

11. Spie

Spie Member AMS2 Club Member

V8 supercars definitely require blipping. They use a clutch pedal as well, even though it is sequential.

12. Gazzawesty

Gazzawesty Skunkedup AMS2 Club Member

I also have trouble downshifting in some cars with spinning all the time. As soon as I release the clutch around it goes... But for all I know that is how the cars are in real life. Changing gear using h shifter is really stressful lol.

13. Budgetek

Budgetek Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Ok, then the spins make sense. Thanks for clarifying.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I tested the Super V8 and have a weird sort of no centre in the steering, it seems either left or right with no certain centre. If i drive down conrod i need to really hold it centred. Its hard to explain but other cars and irl you have the car hold its line but the Super V8 constantly wants to drive either side.
    I have FFB at 69/0/50/30/0.

The Porsche Cup feels pretty nice, i have been back and forth to rF2 and AMS2 Porsche Cup at Mount Panorama, i still prefer rf2 Cup car but AMS2 is getting close, just feels so much safer even though my times are about 4 seconds faster (who knows how similar the tracks are) but AMS2 feels safe and rF2 is crazy fun keeping the cars straight.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The SV8 wandering issue has been reported by uite a few people here.
    I actually find the porsche cup cars a bit of a handful. They feel planted but if you plant the throttle a bit too much on corner exit it gets squirrely, on oulton Park fighting with it quite a bit to keep it pointed in the right direction, is great fun though. Also at times when braking and turning it wants to spin out. Hd a weird issue at hockrenheim with it last night, turning into last corner with light throttle or coasting a few times it spun out, was a bit weird. Any how, I really like driving the car, is much fun.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

Yes - agree they are faster - like I said my times have come right down. I've mastered driving it. Still feels wrong though.
    BTW - I agree about having to brake early - not sure about acceleration though - I think most people affected by exit overseer are probably on the throttle too early rather than too late.

Last edited: May 8, 2022
  17. c4rLo5

c4rLo5 New Member

Could the SuperV8 inverted FFB at centre be hardware specific?
    I'm using a Fanatec DD1 wheelbase. Are others that have the same issue using a Fanatec DD1/DD2?
    Or are those that don't have this issue using other hardware?

18. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

I don't use FFB and still experience the behaviour, so it would surprise me if it was FFB related. I'll try to make a video on it this evening, so the point gets underlined by footage.

19. Victor Freitas

Victor Freitas New Member

after installing this update if, in the middle of a session I return to pits, then I cannot leave it. It seems that the wheel and pedals do not work. And I have to skip to the end or leave the session and start again. Anyone experiencing such a bug?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well it clearly shouldn't be like that at all. Almost sounds like the setup is being read incorrectly and you have way too much toe in the front. Maybe time to try renaming the entire My Documents/AMS2 folder?

• Like Like x 1